PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I want the last 5 years of my life back

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Very disappointed, the window of opportunity to get Brady 5 rings in closing fast. All the talk about 'value' and organizational depth doesn't mean a thing, Superbowls are what counts.

The Patriots are not one of the big dogs this year, another run of the mill slightly better than average season. Lets hope for a playoff miracle.

Very disappointed, the window of opportunity to get Brady 5 rings in closing fast. All the talk about 'value' and organizational depth doesn't mean a thing, Superbowls are what counts.

The Patriots are not one of the big dogs this year, another run of the mill slightly better than average season. Lets hope for a playoff miracle.

Yeah and I want the first 30-odd back before Belichick showed up. If you whine about being in contention every year for a decade, God knows how you're gonna cope with the next McPhereson or Carroll era.

Fan up dude.

I think you hit the nail on the head.. most of us have been fans since 78 and have seen some pretty bad teams... But the point is to take advantage of Tom Brady, and Randy Moss, and the window you have with these guys... 06 , had a bunch of shoemakers, 07, the o line and the d let them down in the game that will never forget, and 08 Brady hurt , and this year, Brady does not have another option to throw to , Watson?? Baker??? Aiken???

I think one FA mistake that Belichick has made is not find a shut down corner, he found one with Samual, but let him go to FA, the defense has 0 pass rush, they teased us some of the season, but they cant compete with the big boys, we are the best team in the AFC East, but not in the nfl...And this will be another wasted year of Tom Brady..

Exactly. What has this team done in the past five years? Meltdown to the Colts in the AFC Championship game? Choke in the super bowl? Lose the East to Miami last year? Get beat down by an inferior Jets team who smacked them in the mouth? Choke to the Broncos? Meltdown to the Colts again? Get destroyed by the Saints? They've lost all of their games to major competitor's this year (with the exception of the Jets). What happened to the past five years of draft picks? Chad Jackson, anyone?

Point is, these are not your mother's Patriots anymore. It hasn't been two or even three years since they have last done something substantial. It's been five. They are no longer a measuring stick for the rest of the league. Patriot's fans will blast me for this - and I've been a fan for a long long time. I've never openly been this down on the Pats this decade but sometimes you need to call a spade a spade. All of the people who are waiting for the 2001, 2003, and the 2004 Patriots to come walking through that door are going to be severely disappointed. We have been waiting for this team to "turn the corner" all year...We've been waiting for them to show signs of 2007 and years past - and we're not seeing it. Their not winning gritty, tough, hard fought games. Their not beating teams that they traditionally beat...esp. being the underdogs last night. I'm sorry - but when Drew Brees & the Saints average 20 yards a throw and you allow the Colts to come back by 17 in a quarter, something is wrong.

I hope they prove me wrong...but based on the past five years, I have no reason to think otherwise.

Boo hoo.

Do you have any idea how much of a spoiled baby you sound like? So NE hasn't won a title since '04. Most teams haven't. They've been a winning team each of the last four years with a trip to the superbowl in there. We get to watch a HoF quarterback each week. We're blessed.

They got beaten by a better team yesterday. Deal with it. If you're only going to enjoy sports when your team is the best then you're going to be miserable as a fan. Runs like '01-'04 don't happen very often, and likely will not happen again for NE in your lifetime.

Last edited:
31 of 32 fanbases are disappointed at the end of the year. Sucks for us that we were two plays (3rd and 4 to Brown, Asante INT) from winning back to back in 2006/2007. There's no lack of trying to win the SB, that's why they got Moss and Welker for Brady.

I went to see if I could get the Rod Rust, **** McPhearson, Ron Meyers ect years back. They don't give any refunds, it's in the fine print.

Offence
For all the great ness it was obvious that one needs a 3rd receiver who can catch.

gaffney for 10 million /4 yrs looks a bargain as he would had a catching receiver.Now we have edelman /stanback 2 qb to wr converstion projects , aiken [it was not his fault that he was intergrated into the system from training camp and 5 weeks instead of the old wr we cut].

with no 3rd option team are put 5 player to cover moss,wes and single on the other guy.

defence
seymour was missed yesterday and in the colts game. even in a 3man rush we had ty,sey and vince push the pocket .we cannot do it now. green was being blocked by a TE or RB yesterday.

Some of the threads started after this game are ridiculous. This is one of them.

Most fans would love a team that is 61-22 over the last five seasons.

The season isn't over by a long shot.

with no 3rd option team are put 5 player to cover moss,wes and single on the other guy.
Just like they did with Gaffney who ddin't need extra help either. We could certainly use a better #3 than Aiken/Edelman but Gaffney wasn't much better.

Not having a Third option is hurting this team, and will hurt it down the stretch...

Last edited:
Let me ask you something... How many other teams in the league have entered each season as legit contenders for the last 5 years? The only other team who has gone on to have 2 serious title runs in that time is the Steelers. We were right there in 06 and 07, would have been there last year with Brady. No other team can say the same, and this is all post-dynasty. If you're not happy feel free to find another team.

Amen.

As someone else said on another thread, there are about 28 fan bases that would gladly trade places with the OP right about now.

You know what maybe we need some real LOSING seasons to make some of these so called fans smarten up. But then maybe some losing seasons will clean some of these out :rolleyes:

Yeah and I want the first 30-odd back before Belichick showed up. If you whine about being in contention every year for a decade, God knows how you're gonna cope with the next McPhereson or Carroll era.

Fan up dude.

Tell me about it. I'm sick and tired of some people acting like the three Superbowl wins never happened. How ungrateful can you get? :mad:

First, did I miss something and the Pats get eliminated from the playoffs last night? People do realize that three of the last four Super Bowl winners looked anything but strong Super Bowl contenders in late November of their Super Bowl years.

Second, we as Pats fans have become the biggest bunch of whiners. Belichick puts this team in Super Bowl contention virtually every year and even in a time where it is supposed to be impossible to build a dynasty, Brady has more rings than any other QB other than Montana and Bradshaw. Try being a Dolphins fan during the 80s and 90s with Marino, Clayton, and Duper and no Super Bowl rings. Or Indianapolis this decade with Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Freeney, Sanders, and Mathis and only one Super Bowl ring. Or the Cowboys of the 90s with all their talent and Jerry Jones peissing it away because his ego was too big to keep Jimmy Johnson.

Really, I am ashamed to be a Pats fan after a loss. We are spoiled and ungrateful.

Oh please man....they've only won how many SBs this decade??

Give me a break.

It all boils down to which is your preference ..... going for it all to win a SB in the current year or positioning yourself to be competitive in multiple years in the future.

The Pats have chosen the later plan, and have traded away draft picks after draft picks and been content with drafting deeper in the draft as opposed to up at the top of it for many years now.

They have found it fine to trade away one of their best defensive players for a draft pick 2 years down the road knowing full well that that draft pick isn't going to pay dividends this year to help win a SB.

The problem with the second option is you have two HOF players in Brady and Moss who aren't getting younger and who have limited shelf life remaining. Would be a shame not to equip them with enough talent to see them win a SB together.

How I hope we head straight for the basement for the next 5 years so we lose 90% of the fans we have now, because frankly I could do without most of you. I watched every game through the lean years and will continue to watch because they are my team, not because the HAVE to win a Superbowl. So many of you are spoiled brats now....go away!

Now everyone knows what its like to be a Colts, Steeler, Eagles, Saints, and Vikings fan. You don't go to the SB or deep into the playoffs every year. Most times your not even considered SB matterial like the Pats have for all these years.

crying-baby.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye