PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think its time for the Herald to find a new writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll help him out. It was Steve Martin who could not stop the run, put any pressure up the middle, but could talk like hell to the press in the locker room.

And no. Mr Tomase, it was not the Steve Martin that the arrow sticking in his head.

It was Brandon Mitchell who played NT for us in 2001. He didn't stand out before that season and it was the last year of his rookie contract. He was signed by another team in 2002 and we attempted to replace him with Steve Martin. That move alone may have cost us a chance for the postseason that year.

Having seen that mistake, the team traded for a known comodity in Ted Washington.

Last edited:
This is hilarious to me because the reality is that the risk Tomase took in posting that unsubstantiated story before the Super Bowl totally paid off.

Don't believe me? How many people have read their site today JUST because Tomase wrote it? He's a lightning rod and the Herald is going to keep benefitting from it for I'd guess at least until the end of this season before the hatred starts to ebb.

I've never clicked on a single link to that site since that debacle and I don't plan on it either. I am sure there are plenty of people that can comment on it without clicking on it.

It was Brandon Mitchell who played NT for us in 2001. He didn't stand out before that season and it was the last year of his rookie contract. He was signed by another team in 2002 and we attempted to replace him with Steve Martin. That move alone may have cost us a chance for the postseason that year.
Well, Martin couldn't play for crap, but at least he mouthed off in the press and provided bulletin board material to other teams.

Mitchell went to Seattle, I believe, and Seymour played a bit of NT in 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back