Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Everybody,

I have emailed the discussion below to Florio & King and well as pasted it into the contact pages for Curran & Reiss. The media is suffering from deflategate withdrawal, but the message is probably the most important one that was not covered in the Patriots rebuttal report. I would love to see, for example, Tom Curran publish this.

Help it get out- copy & paste the entire discussion and send to anyone with a media voice that has commented on deflategate. Redundancy is fine too. It can only help someone notice. Feel free to also post it widely into comment sections everywhere. I do NOT want any credit whatsoever, as it just pieces together what others have noted already. I am a chemistry prof, but one needs only 5th grade common sense to follow.

---------
A few scientists have noticed an aspect of the Wells Report than has gone largely unnoticed. It relates to the testing of the “12th Patriots game ball”, which was the one intercepted by the Colts. On pages 65 & 70, Wells says that James Daniel, the NFL Director of Game Operations, tested its pressure three times with the Patriots normal pressure gauge at halftime. His readings were 11.45, 11.35 and 11.75 psi.

The range of his readings (0.4 psi) shows that the same person, using the same gauge, on the same football, seconds or minutes apart, can get readings that differ by 0.4 psi. This contradicts Exponents claims that any one gauge is very consistent from reading to reading. The take home message: you cannot trust just one pressure reading on a football to tell you about a small psi difference (<0.5 psi).

Secondly, the average of his three measurements is 11.5 (11.52, but the last digit is of course meaningless). The average of the measurements made on the 11 other footballs at halftime using the logo gauge was 11.5 as well (11.49). This suggests that the Patriots gauge reads similarly to the logo gauge. Simply put, 11.5 is much more like 11.5 (logo) than it is like 11.1 (non-logo).

We also know that the Patriots gauge reads similarly to the gauge that Walt Anderson used in pregame checks, since Anderson recalled that just 2 of the 24 Patriots game & backup balls needed adjustment, since they were already at 12.5 or 12.6 psi, where the Patriots would have set them using their gauge (Wells Report Exponent supplement page 1).

Putting these together:

1) The Patriots gauge (A) reads similarly to the logo gauge (B). A=B.
2) The Patriots gauge (A) reads and similarly to the gauge (C) that Anderson used in pregame checks. A=C.
3) Thus Anderson’s memory is correct. He had indeed used the higher-reading logo gauge in pregame checks. A=B, and A=C, thus B=C.

Point #3 above means that Wells threw out the wrong set of data! The only meaningful halftime data showed that 11 footballs, on average, were at 11.5 psi, right where the ideal gas law says that they should be (11.32-11.52 psi, according to Wells).

This answers the key question of which gauge Walt Anderson used in his pregame football pressure checks. It truly changes the overall conclusion from “tampering is a possible cause of this” to “the data indicates that no tampering happened”.

I love it, I agree but the reality is no one will care. The only real use for this is in court where Kraft won't go. Brady may go as his character has been destroyed and this may well cost him in excess of $100M in earnings based on his general awareness of something that did not even happen.

This really should not be a hard case to defend and considering Bradys marketing value has gone down I hope his lawsuit accounts for it and the monetary figure that he recoups prevents the league from so blindly penalizing anyone in the future.

No one cares sadly gotta keep our response to under 10 words. Troll back harder my friends!

I admire your effort but it's a waste of time. Nobody cares about facts. The Patriots are, however, Super Bowl champions.

635584260135573752-USL01-ARMOUR-0202-70511942.JPG

sports-fbn-superbowl-114-sip-700x357.jpg

ap216083071395.jpg

I agree, but the alternative would be he snuck in there to let 3/10ths of a pound out

Please put this on a "neutral" site -- i.e. not a sports message board -- so that links can be placed on other forums.

For example, it's VERY easy to start a blog at Wordpress.com.

Yep, nobody cares that there is no evidence that the balls were actually tampered with, instead they talk about these texts and the feeling that something must have happened.

We are a believe it first country. As soon as the 11-12 balls report came out the Patriots were guilty as charged.

Unfortunately this is the downside of the Internet. A pretty good majority are like sheep to the mainstream media believing everything that they read as gospel cuz their phone would never lie to them.

Everybody,

I have emailed the discussion below to Florio & King and well as pasted it into the contact pages for Curran & Reiss. The media is suffering from deflategate withdrawal, but the message is probably the most important one that was not covered in the Patriots rebuttal report. I would love to see, for example, Tom Curran publish this.

Help it get out- copy & paste the entire discussion and send to anyone with a media voice that has commented on deflategate. Redundancy is fine too. It can only help someone notice. Feel free to also post it widely into comment sections everywhere. I do NOT want any credit whatsoever, as it just pieces together what others have noted already. I am a chemistry prof, but one needs only 5th grade common sense to follow.

---------
A few scientists have noticed an aspect of the Wells Report than has gone largely unnoticed. It relates to the testing of the “12th Patriots game ball”, which was the one intercepted by the Colts. On pages 65 & 70, Wells says that James Daniel, the NFL Director of Game Operations, tested its pressure three times with the Patriots normal pressure gauge at halftime. His readings were 11.45, 11.35 and 11.75 psi.

The range of his readings (0.4 psi) shows that the same person, using the same gauge, on the same football, seconds or minutes apart, can get readings that differ by 0.4 psi. This contradicts Exponents claims that any one gauge is very consistent from reading to reading. The take home message: you cannot trust just one pressure reading on a football to tell you about a small psi difference (<0.5 psi).

Secondly, the average of his three measurements is 11.5 (11.52, but the last digit is of course meaningless). The average of the measurements made on the 11 other footballs at halftime using the logo gauge was 11.5 as well (11.49). This suggests that the Patriots gauge reads similarly to the logo gauge. Simply put, 11.5 is much more like 11.5 (logo) than it is like 11.1 (non-logo).

We also know that the Patriots gauge reads similarly to the gauge that Walt Anderson used in pregame checks, since Anderson recalled that just 2 of the 24 Patriots game & backup balls needed adjustment, since they were already at 12.5 or 12.6 psi, where the Patriots would have set them using their gauge (Wells Report Exponent supplement page 1).

Putting these together:

2) The Patriots gauge (A) reads and similarly to the gauge (C) that Anderson used in pregame checks. A=C.
3) Thus Anderson’s memory is correct. He had indeed used the higher-reading logo gauge in pregame checks. A=B, and A=C, thus B=C.

Point #3 above means that Wells threw out the wrong set of data! The only meaningful halftime data showed that 11 footballs, on average, were at 11.5 psi, right where the ideal gas law says that they should be (11.32-11.52 psi, according to Wells).

This answers the key question of which gauge Walt Anderson used in his pregame football pressure checks. It truly changes the overall conclusion from “tampering is a possible cause of this” to “the data indicates that no tampering happened”.

I was thinking of e-mailing Brady's agent, Donald Yee, about my own little discovery. Like yours, it supports the conclusion that Walt Anderson used the Logo Gauge prior to the AFC Championship Game.

In Table 7 on page 9 of its report, Exponent provides the following information about the Colts’ footballs:

Gauge Colts Average Air Pressure (PSI)
Non-Logo Gauge: 12.27
Logo Gauge: 12.67

In this table, Exponent derives the averages for the Colts’ footballs by averaging the air pressure in balls 1, 2 and 4 and excluding the data recorded for ball 3.

In Figure 22 on page 44 of its report, Exponent provides a chart indicating what its experiment indicates should happen to wet or dry footballs initially inflated to 12.5 PSI or 13.0 PSI when, after being subjected to the weather conditions Exponent assumes existed during the first half of the game, they are brought into a room with the temperature and humidity conditions that Exponent assumes existed in the Officials Locker Room at half-time. The chart shows that the air pressure of the footballs goes up the longer they remain in the locker room.

If we assume that Exponent’s environmental assumptions are correct and that the Non-Logo Gauge was used by Anderson prior to the game, then Exponent’s chart indicates that the air pressure in the Colts footballs must have been tested on average between 2-1/2 and 4 minutes after they were brought into the Officials Locker Room. But that is a completely implausible time frame. On the other hand, if we assume that Exponent’s environmental assumptions are correct, but that the Logo Gauge was used by Anderson prior to the game, then the Colts’ footballs must have been tested on average somewhere between 6 and 12 minutes after they were brought into the Official’s Locker Room—a far more plausible time frame. Of course, if the Colts’ footballs were tested with the Logo gauge prior to the game, then the Patriots’ footballs were also tested with the Logo Gauge at that time.

I wouldn’t bother trying to contact the media with your information. Send it to someone, like Yee, who cares enough about vindicating Brady to forward the information to those who can make some use of it.

Unfortunately the idiots on the radio and talk shows focus more on the word "deflator" and a cell phone than anything else in that 243 page report.

Basically their logic goes like this:

1. McNally went into the Bathroom. Guilty
2. McNally calls himself the "Deflator". Guilty
3. Brady did not hand over his phone. Guilty
4. The Science in the report doesn't prove anything. Doesn't matter because Brady didn't turn over his phone. Guilty
5. Walt Anderson remembers using the logo gauge which would have vindicated the Pats. Doesn't matter because Brady didn't turn over his phone. Guilty
6. The NFL botched the initial investigation and destroyed the evidence by re-inflating footballs which would have shown whether or not air was taken out of them. Doesn't matter because Brady didn't turn over his phone and someone called someone else a Dorito Dink. Guilty.
7. Almighty God took a break last Sunday and spoke to Roger and explained that the weather that day was the cause of the deflation. Roger said that he would take into consideration but the fact remains that in the NFL he is God and therefor it his decision that rules. Furthermore, Brady didn't turn over his phone which proves he is Guilty.

I think that about sums it up.

You may have more luck trying to communicate this to the NFLPA or Jeffery Kessler's office. I don't know if can possibly be used in the appeal but it is worth a shot. There is little to no chance of effecting the main stream media or fan's minds unless there is either a video or some authoritative body pronounces his innocence.

You are fighting a battle the patriots have already lost. Kraft surrendered. the patriots cheated

Bringing it all together...the 12th football and what it means WRT the logo and non-logo gauges, and the Colts halftime measurements and the timeline at halftime...feel free to copy this and send it off to whoever. The media has moved on, but in a few weeks it'll be back in the news and this might trickle into a report or two.

Patriots Footballs – the 12th Ball

Putting these together:

Colts Footballs – Halftime timeline
In Table 7 on page 9 of its report, Exponent provides the following information about the Colts’ footballs:
Gauge Colts Average Air Pressure (PSI)
Non-Logo Gauge: 12.27
Logo Gauge: 12.67

In this table, Exponent derives the averages for the Colts’ footballs by averaging the air pressure in balls 1, 2 and 4 and excluding the data recorded for ball 3.

In Figure 22 on page 44 of its report, Exponent provides a chart indicating what its experiment indicates should happen to wet or dry footballs initially inflated to 12.5 PSI or 13.0 PSI when, after being subjected to the weather conditions Exponent assumes existed during the first half of the game, they are brought into a room with the temperature and humidity conditions that Exponent assumes existed in the Officials Locker Room at half-time. The chart shows that the air pressure of the footballs goes up the longer they remain in the locker room.

If we assume that Exponent’s environmental assumptions are correct and that the Non-Logo Gauge was used by Anderson prior to the game, then Exponent’s chart indicates that the air pressure in the Colts footballs must have been tested on average between 2-1/2 and 4 minutes after they were brought into the Officials Locker Room. But that is a completely implausible time frame, since the report indicates that the officials ran out of time to measure all of the Colts footballs. On the other hand, if we assume that Exponent’s environmental assumptions are correct, but that the Logo Gauge was used by Anderson prior to the game, then the Colts’ footballs must have been tested on average somewhere between 6 and 12 minutes after they were brought into the Official’s Locker Room—a far more plausible time frame. Of course, if the Colts’ footballs were tested with the Logo gauge prior to the game, then the Patriots’ footballs were also tested with the Logo Gauge at that time.

I for one am glad to see that a Chem prof is smarter than a fifth grader!

Too bad Godell isn't

Oh but he is, look as he managed to get the masses to hate on the Patriots despite how obvious the holes are. I bet Goodell is Hitler's great great grand son. Both able to sway the masses to believe things that just make no sense. They both would lose on a battlefield(the court for Goodell) though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back