PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I miss Mike Reiss already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I miss Mike Reiss already.

I hope so, he's easily the best beat writer. I live in Florida now so I guess I wouldn't miss a paper version of the Globe...times they are a changing.

Yes. Reiss is the only Boston or National NFL writer whose articles and postings consistently display each of the following, day-in and day-out:
(a) Knowledge of the NFL
(b) Insight into (including inside dish on) the Patriots
(c) Common Sense
(d) Honesty
(e) Excellent writing.

In an era when we have been insulted by the likes of Tomass and the Horald locally as well as by the likes of Schlereth and ESPN nationally, he is a constant, balanced presence neither jumping off the deep end over players who have disappointed us nor exaggerating the abilities of those whom we idolize.

If the reports are true that he and his wife have had a kid, then all I can say is that that child has picked a great guy to be his dad.
I say ongrats as well if that runor is true!! I agree with the four points..he really has a good knowledge of the ins and outs of the league as well into the Patriots and the synamics there. And there is never all this drama or hyperbole as well...with a look into the details of many things. And what he does that few do, is admit when they have made an error and correct it ASAP....so few go out on limbs and say many things, but do not clean up after. And it makes for a steady and real look at things..Just the facts so to speak. I miss him as well!!

I would think that if or when that happens, Reiss would likely continue to do the same thing at boston.com; I would expect the online version of the paper to continue. If not, I would think somebody else in Boston would snag him, such as nesn or weei, and his column would continue online.

I hope so. I also used to like Albert Breer (sp?), but Reiss has been my favorite Patriots coverage guy for some time now.

I hope so. I also used to like Albert Breer (sp?), but Reiss has been my favorite Patriots coverage guy for some time now.

Breer is writing for sportingnews now and he always has good stuff.

Reporting the Bodden signing is a biggie-sized jump in Gasper's game. Way to reach an escalator, Chris! ;)

Reporting the Bodden signing is a biggie-sized jump in Gasper's game. Way to reach an escalator, Chris! ;)

I've been favorably impressed with Chris Gasper's work. He's a solid backup and a great special teamer. He'll develop into a respectable starter under the careful tutelage of Mr. Reiss.

SO has anyone confirmed the birth?? Or speculation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back