PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know Im crazy, but I want Denver more than Indy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I think we will shut Indy down Nov 5th... But Denver is nothing special, I know it will have to be out in Denver, and they seem to own us, but I want to beat them , they just are not that good.. there defense is ok, but give us a few weeks with the new recievers, and see what happens..

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I think we will shut Indy down Nov 5th... But Denver is nothing special, I know it will have to be out in Denver, and they seem to own us, but I want to beat them , they just are not that good.. there defense is ok, but give us a few weeks with the new recievers, and see what happens..

Except we never seem to be able to match up well against them....their brand of speed defense gives Brady fits. BB seems to be in awe of the guy. I hear ya though, how sweet it would be to knock them out in the AFC Championship game in Denver...Oh yeah!!!

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Good to see your open minded and are showing no bias. They are not that good, and their defense is "ok". What would make their defense better, if no touchdowns had been scored on them this season instead of one?

I would rather see Indy than Denver in the playoffs. OTBE, Denver owns us and we own Indy. I'd rather play the team against whom we have the plus on intangibles.

Denver is nothing special....on offense, and they really don't need to be. Their D is playing lights-out, and when you give up only a FG and can run the ball, you've got nothing to worry about. When Plummer hit Walker on the deep ball that was the game.

The Pats simply have to put up 1st half points against the Broncos should there be a rematch. 3, 3, 0 - our first half scoring totals from the last 3 matchups - simply won't do.

mgteich said:
I would rather see Indy than Denver in the playoffs. OTBE, Denver owns us and we own Indy. I'd rather play the team against whom we have the plus on intangibles.

I agree, I would also rather see Indy rather than Denver, but in the back of my head, I would really love for us to knock the Bronco's out of the playoffs since they eliminated us. However, I'm fine with us making it further in the postseason than Denver without us playing them.

The opportunities were there for Brady in the Denver game, he just didn't make the plays, which always seems to happen when they play Denver. But yeah, it would be great to see them take Denver, but maybe it would be even better if they took out the Steelers in the AFC title game, the dynasty knocking off the defending champs.

Game 8: Colts 40, Patriots 21

game8_thumb.jpg

Dunno.

With a banged up defence you forgot to mention.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
Game 8: Colts 40, Patriots 21

game8_thumb.jpg

Dunno.

So you think the Colts are going to put 40 on the board against the Pats, hmmmm, I have to disagree. My prediction:

Patriots 24 Colts 13

And I know you're hoping for snow...

I have it down for a loss for my boys. I think they lose back to back against Denver and NE.

Just trying to say... Even though it's not the playoffs, Indy did come in to NE (Regardless of injuries cause the Colts are on death row right now) and win. Easily.

They can beat Denver - I was under the impression that the Colts owned Denver. There's definitely some very good teams in the AFC this year, with Indy, Denver, SD, NE, Pitt, and maybe Jacksonville and Cincy being in the mix as well. It will be interesting down the stretch.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
I have it down for a loss for my boys. I think they lose back to back against Denver and NE.

Just trying to say... Even though it's not the playoffs, Indy did come in to NE (Regardless of injuries cause the Colts are on death row right now) and win. Easily.

That's ok Ryan, we'll give you a regular season win, but it's in the playoffs where Indy needs to prove itself...

Waaay too early to know how the teams are looking entering the playoffs, especially healthwise. That makes a big difference.

Indy scares me. Forget the "they barely won" talk, that's what the Patriots did for years. Indy may be in the process of actually learning to win, in the past their games were so easy that when they hit real competition in the playoffs they didn't know how to respond. But it depends on whether their defense can improve, many Colts fans figure Bob Sanders' return in a couple of weeks will make a big difference. The book is still open on how much so it will be a few weeks before I can answer this question..

MrClutch said:
With a banged up defence you forgot to mention.

Maybe with that nearly 180 yards that Henry put up on Washington, the Colts' game didn't look quite as bad. I'm not saying it wasn't bad, but just not as bad. Defense is that one thing that Washington is supposed to known for.

Sean Pa Patriot said:

I admire your confidence, but I disagree. We are their b!tch. Shanahan owns BB. Someone said Brady played horrible in the game with them earlier this year. I agree. But it would just be someone else the next time. Brady could play well, and they'd find another way to stone our offense. To this day we can't defend Rod Smith's ancient *****. Javon Walker is really coming on, too. Care to see him matched up one on one with Asante in the open field? Plummer is an average QB but we make him look like Montana.

No thanks to a Denver re-match. They are kryptonite, our Bermuda triangle.

Last edited:
Denver? You're not crazy. You're absolutely insane.

Bring on Peyton.

alamo said:
Waaay too early to know how the teams are looking entering the playoffs, especially healthwise. That makes a big difference.

Indy scares me. Forget the "they barely won" talk, that's what the Patriots did for years. Indy may be in the process of actually learning to win, in the past their games were so easy that when they hit real competition in the playoffs they didn't know how to respond. But it depends on whether their defense can improve, many Colts fans figure Bob Sanders' return in a couple of weeks will make a big difference. The book is still open on how much so it will be a few weeks before I can answer this question..

Everyone seems scared of the Colts every year and every year they turn out to be paper tigers.

The vital thing to note about this year's Colts team is that their defense cannot stop the run. That plays perfectly to the Pats strengths with the Dillon/Maroney duo. I think we'll put up 150-200+ yards on the ground against them easily.

As for as the Broncos go. They may not be "that good" but their brand of football has been kryptonite to us. I really don't know why. Their defense is solid and gives Brady fits. Not to mention their zone blocking run schemes often baffles our linebackers. Other than that let's not underestimate the homefield advantage mile high stadium gives. Their players are used to the high atmosphere and the altitude helps their already strong kicker Elam boom those figgies.

So no I'd rather not play Denver @ Denver. At the Razor... maybe. Even then the Pats would have to bring their A+ game to win.

I think last season losing on purpose to play the Jags instead of Indy was a mistake. We've always had Indy's number. If we beat the Colts and then had to face the Steelers in the AFCC I would have really liked our chances.

VJCPatriot said:
I think last season losing on purpose to play the Jags instead of Indy was a mistake. We've always had Indy's number. If we beat the Colts and then had to face the Steelers in the AFCC I would have really liked our chances.

I believe the Fins game served 2 purposes- play the Jags in the 1st round and as the 4 seed, odds are we play our divisional game against Indy rather than Denver (nobody could see the Palmer injury coming).

why Denver has the upper hand??

Why is that the case with Denver?? I think it might be better to see what and how this team can deal with Denver...because it may be we;kll have to play them. Is it the linebackers being fast? the running game not being up to par and then NOT having a long passing game to spread the field?? What is it in the matchups?? Why can Indy for instance play them so well all the time and the Pats always seem to lose??
Denver may be knocked off by San Diego who seems to be raedy for a big step...but how did Denver lose to St Louis??
I would hope it is Indy instead of Denver...could be Jaxonville as well..but here..or a rematch the Cinci, although their house of cards is falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft