PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hate to admit it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEM said:
What makes Manning have so much success is that the coaches LET HIM DO IT.

i think that is the reason they end up losing in the big games because peyton does his own thing against D coordinators and assitant coaches working together and adjusting to his actions collectively...if peyton just did what his o coordinator/head coach called they wouldve won a few more playoff games...
the greatness of brady is he does what is told ...

I think we should not crown the Colts Champions until they at least win an AFC Championship not to mention a Superbowl.

I don't think they can........I never did, with or without a clutch field goal kicker.

Trot said:
What does this post even mean, except that you are pathetic? Have fun with that upchuck.

Such venom on this board. Take another prozac you freak!

What I meant was that indirectly the Pats ie Kraft/Pioli/BB helped the Colts out by not signing AV to a long term deal. We know this. This has been discussed before.

My other point is that the Krafts are making a ton of money with concerts/soccer games/land development and could have used some of this money to resign AV. Again this has been dicussed before.

Sorry for re-hashing this but seeing AV win it today for the enemy was a bit too much for me today.

And no I never said the Colts are winning it all.

And Vanderjerk stinks. He would not have made all those FG. He just doinked one off the cross bar tonite.

On the glass half-full side hopefully the outcome of this game will help the Pats in their playoff seeding. There's something postive for you!

Have a great night.

Go Pats!

Jacky Roberts said:
But Manning was out of his mind today. I'm trying to think of a single better effort by a QB in recent memory. The guy would have lost this game in January, but I've never seen Manning as good as he was today considering the team he was going up against today. Jeesh.

ps- Who was that kicker would finished Denver off today. :(
You can cry all you want about Vinatieri, it was a f'ing 30 something yard field goal...big whoop. Gramatica would have hit it. As of now, I certainly see no need to miss him as we are technically 3rd in the NFL standings...for tonight.

All he did was go away from Bailey to Wayne the whole second half.

I'll be very happy if he's that predictable against us. When you play perfectly as that you should be up by 2 TDs.

Fact is, Broncos could have easily put that away with no chance for Indy to recover.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
denverpatsfan said:
What I meant was that indirectly the Pats ie Kraft/Pioli/BB helped the Colts out by not signing AV to a long term deal. We know this. This has been discussed before.

We DON'T know this. I'll ask again: DO you think if Pioli/BB wanted to sign AV, Kraft would have said "no, he's too expensive"? When have we ever heard of that happening?? It's just not at all realistic.

denverpatsfan said:
My other point is that the Krafts are making a ton of money with concerts/soccer games/land development and could have used some of this money to resign AV. Again this has been dicussed before.

And again, this is wrong. There is no evidence that Kraft has ever set a limit on the TOTAL money paid for players' salaries. The money Kraft makes from the Pats and everything else has nothing to do with this. What is well-documented is that Pioli/BB assign a value to an individual player and do not pay more than that value. That is how they remain competitive. If there were no salary cap, your argument might hold SOME legitimacy. As it stands, it does not.[/QUOTE]

denverpatsfan said:

This I agree with.

AV's already missed time with foot problems. He's mortal and I'll guarantee his best years are behind him.

Kicking a 37 yard field goal in the sparse atmosphere with no wind. Any kicker does that.

Give it a rest.

RayClay said:
AV's already missed time with foot problems. He's mortal and I'll guarantee his best years are behind him.

Kicking a 37 yard field goal in the sparse atmosphere with no wind. Any kicker does that.

Give it a rest.
EXACTLY.

Please Jacky, post this junk at some Colts forum or something.

RayClay said:
All he did was go away from Bailey to Wayne the whole second half.

I'll be very happy if he's that predictable against us. When you play perfectly as that you should be up by 2 TDs.

Fact is, Broncos could have easily put that away with no chance for Indy to recover.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

All he did was go away from Bailey?? That has to be THE understatement of the day. All he did was throw for 3 TD's at about a 75% completion clip in the second half against arguably the second best defense in the NFL AND in their stadium (a notoriously hard stadium to win in). It's understandable that Manning is not liked by us Patriot fans, however, giving credit where credit is due is not a sin. Manning carried his team today to a very tough and important victory. He deserves hell of a lot of credit. I hate to admit it but at this moment in time he is the best QB in the league hands down. I still wouldn't trade TB for him or anyone.

The Colts have turned into the Chiefs where they can put up a ton of points but can't stop anybody. Their run defense looked extremely pitiful.

I can't see the Pats leaving Reggie Wayne single covered on an island.

I actually feel a bit confident with the running game the pats have going against indy's run defense. and indy's secondary is banged up too.

RayClay said:
AV made a 37 yard field goal in zero gravity. What's the big deal?

Good point... Elam's kick to tie the game was more impressive

denverpatsfan said:
Such venom on this board.

--I'll take venom over yet another thoughtless sky is falling thread anyday.

Take another prozac you freak!

--LOL. Are you forgetting your original hysteria? Prozac indeed.

--Uhh, no, *we* don't all *know* this. It has been discussed, but there is no consensus, so don't say "we" "know" anything. *I* know that the Colts way overpaid--as they are wont to do--for a player. So don't put words in my mouth, hmmmkay?

My other point is that the Krafts are making a ton of money with concerts/soccer games/land development and could have used some of this money to resign AV.

--What does Kraft's revenue stream have to with anything? How much input does Robert Kraft have on personnel decisions? Answers are nothing and none, so your argument, "as has been discussed before," makes no sense.

Again this has been dicussed before.

--See above: your thoughts don't equal my thoughts or the thoughts of a good many posters here. Try to keep that in mind.

Sorry for re-hashing this but seeing AV win it today for the enemy was a bit too much for me today.

--It's ok; try to avoid posting the same kind of hysterical nonsense that gets other posters riled up. Either that, or remember your prozac ;)

Last edited:
Murphys95 said:
I agree but with one caveat - Manning had no (zip, zero, nada) pressure all day. Lots of credit goes to his line.
Just remember... Indy would go in and absolutely destroy Denver. Indy would then come into Foxboro and the Pats just shut them down offensively. And I remember falling for all the hype and seriously concerned about our ability to keep Manning in check.

This year, Indy barely beats Denver. I ain't worried. :cool:

Indy's the hot chick who likes other chicks just for the thrill (Denver)

We plow the hot chick.

I guess that everyone forgets that Manning always seems to choke only twice a year. The first is in January, and the second is whenever he comes to Foxboro. That said, he still always makes me nervous. 12 touchdowns to 11 INTs looks bad, but he is a constant threat to make something happen. It will be a close game, but I think we'll come out of it with the W.

One thing I hated about that game, and EVERY Colts game is how they say things such as:

"Peyton Manning at quarterback? I would be scared."

"Peyton Manning won this game!"

"Peyton Manning..."

"Peyton Manning..."

What about his elite recievers and offensive line? ... Even the RB's! EVEN THE KICKER!

A team = 52 players.
The Colts = 1 player.

fleabassist1 said:
One thing I hated about that game, and EVERY Colts game is how they say things such as:

"Peyton Manning..."

"Peyton Manning..."

What about his elite recievers and offensive line? ... Even the RB's! EVEN THE KICKER!

A team = 52 players.
The Colts = 1 player.
I'll give the man his due, I think without him this team is maybe a 4-4 team right now. Still can't stand him, though.

fleabassist1 said:

"Peyton Manning..."

"Peyton Manning..."

A team = 52 players.
The Colts = 1 player.

Yeah, and do you notice that he's all everyone talks about when they talk about this upcoming game? People seem to forget that Tom Brady is pretty ******* good as well.

KontradictioN said:
Yeah, and do you notice that he's all everyone talks about when they talk about this upcoming game? People seem to forget that Tom Brady is pretty ****good as well.
Oh please, all I heard was "Manning vs. BRADY", battle between the TWO best quarterbacks in the league, there was plenty of Brady in there. I can't stand Peyton either, but there comes a time when you have to give the man some props, and it is worrying me how many times he has rallied them to win games this year. I don't know, I just think it is making him tougher, something he has been sorely lacking the last few years.

I wish the Broncos would have won just so we wouldn't have to listen to sportscasters praise Manning to the sky for the next week. But I am not surprised by what happened.

The Colts own the Broncos, almost in the same way the Broncos own the Patriots, almost in the same way the Patriots own the Colts. Its an odd threesome, but that is normally how it plays out, and I don't see that changing next weekend. We'll listen to how great Manning is for another week, everyone will panic and think this is the year the Colts over take the Patriots, they'll come to Foxboro, get steamrolled and everyone will blame everyone else on the Colts except Manning. Ho hum, this is exactly how this plays out every year (I don't count how Indy beat us last year when our defense was depleted and we could not scheme against them, we are at full strength and should win soundly).

Everyone forgets that the Patriots soundly beat the Bengals, a team who's offense is modeled explicitely after the Colts. For whatever reason (and I don't know football well enough to know) the Patriots defense matches up well against the Colts offense. I don't see this changing this year. Add on the fact the Colts have a pretty poor defense and the Pats should win. Doesn't mean they will, anything can happen, but I feel pretty confident.

Of course, if the Pats lose to Minnesota tomorrow, I may get a bit more nervous as well. For now, I am not worried, neither should anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST