PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I give Colin Cowherd a lot of credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL…groups all the conspiracy theorists together with all the teams that couldn’t beat the Patriots. Then rolls Schlereth in on them too being from Denver, ROFL, called him a Pats Hatr cus he couldn't beat them either…conspiracy guy.

Last edited:
screleth is on @11am on espn radio, i cant wait to hear this
I listened for about ten seconds,it was all i could take.

LoL…groups all the conspiracy theorists together with all the teams that couldn’t beat the Patriots. Then rolls Schlereth in on them too being from Denver, ROFL, called him a Pats Hatr cus he couldn't beat them either…conspiracy guy.

Ironic, considering Denver is the one team in the 21st century to own NE.

trey and mark really hate the pats now, man this is great

screw em all :rocker:

screleth defending the broncos now, "defered payments" he is full of sh!t

cowherd called him out and he had nothing

Nothing new...Patriots are cheaters, beyond anything the NFL has ever seen...BB is a cheating liar...Bronco salary manipulation was something everyone did, so cannot equate with the 7 years of Pats cheating. My favorite outrage is...the Pats spliced tape of down and distance with endzone shots...how dare they utilize the info and examine the actual play.

That was lame, I was expecting more. It was 2 on 1 (Wingo & Schlereth vs Cowherd) so there were twice as many comments against the Pats as there were for them, with Wingo jumping in to Schlereth's defense with "we went over this in detail yesterday" before pimping their NFL Live show.

Schlereth went down the path of 'BB initially said they only taped division opponents; that was shown to not be true; therefore he is a liar and everything he says is a lie.' Also said that a player watching those tapes would have a huge advantage when he played that team, knowing what to expect but didn't really have a reasonable explanation as to how that would be any different from watching regular game film.

He sounded agitated trying to defend the Broncos with the salary cap, going in to detail explaining it and ironically using the "everybody does this" defense. He claimed there was no competitive advantage for the Broncos, yet at the end of the interview went on the "if the Patriots got no advantage, why did they do it for eight years" slant - yet didn't see the hypocrisy in the two statements.

Surprisingly Wingo and Schlereth did say that this is probably widespread and the Pats are probably not the only ones that do this.

Here are some tidbits from Schlereth with Cowherd:

Schlereth: Bashes the Pats who said they only taped division opponents
JoePats: The Pats never said anything about who they taped

Schlereth: 2 memos from league
JoePats: There was 1 memo from the league which attempted to clarify a league rule that was ambiguous enough to require a clarification

Schlereth: Tapes prove they were used during the game since they have the play, signals, and down/distance, and said this could have been done by the end of the first quarter
JoePats: Completely idiotic statement which deserves no explanation but...how could the tapes be edited together by the end of the first quarter? Why were there tapes of the 2nd quarter? And 2nd half? Please. Who exactly is studying the tapes DURING the freeking game?

Schlereth: BB tells Matt Walsh not to get caught.
JoePats: But Matt Walsh (and others) were on the sideline in front of 80,000 people, wearing Patriots apparel, and holding a big video camera

Wingo: BB proven to have been a liar
JoePats: By who exactly?

Cowherd: Broncos busted for salary cap violations
Schlereth: Every team does it (deferring payments). They did it to Elway and Terrell Davis. League had a problem with how much they deferred.
Cowherd: Everyone in league steals signals
Schlereth: Pats showed blatant disregard for league.
JoePats: When Pats fans say everyone does it (stealing signals / taping) we get laughed at. And Cowherd is doing a good job.

Schlereth: Doing this for 8 years, and it's a 1 (out of 100), why keep doing it?
JoePats: Every team in the league does something that is a 1 out of 100. That includes his buddy Shanahan.

Schlereth: (Talking about the difference in Schlereth putting Pam on his hands to get a better grip on the opponent's jersey or holding intentionally on every play and the Pats doing something that is a 1 out of 100): It's the difference between going 72 in a 65, and driving drunk
JoePats: I fail to see how driving drunk makes you a better driver, but I could see how Schlereth analyzing drunk might make him a better analyst.

What an idiot.

I especially liked the part about what the Broncos did with the salary cap "is done by everyone else in the league."

Last edited:
I will say this , I heard Sal Palantonio on today, and I have to aplogize to him .. He said there should be no asterisk, no taint, and Belichick still is a great coach... So sorry Sal me aculpa..

Cowherd is horrible. He's painful to listen to.

guess you haven't listened to him much......this guy is the only one who like Howard Stern, tells it like it is for the most part.....He was calling out Sphincter today....how many other ESPN guys are doing that........I give him credit for taking up for the Pats......He blasts BB on his arrogance for the taping practice....but says WAY too much has been made out of the Pats "stealing signals"....and that EVERYONE does it in the NFL.......

That was lame, I was expecting more. It was 2 on 1 (Wingo & Schlereth vs Cowherd) so there were twice as many comments against the Pats as there were for them, with Wingo jumping in to Schlereth's defense with "we went over this in detail yesterday" before pimping their NFL Live show.

Schlereth went down the path of 'BB initially said they only taped division opponents; that was shown to not be true; therefore he is a liar and everything he says is a lie.' Also said that a player watching those tapes would have a huge advantage when he played that team, knowing what to expect but didn't really have a reasonable explanation as to how that would be any different from watching regular game film.

He sounded agitated trying to defend the Broncos with the salary cap, going in to detail explaining it and ironically using the "everybody does this" defense. He claimed there was no competitive advantage for the Broncos, yet at the end of the interview went on the "if the Patriots got no advantage, why did they do it for eight years" slant - yet didn't see the hypocrisy in the two statements.

Surprisingly Wingo and Schlereth did say that this is probably widespread and the Pats are probably not the only ones that do this.

Everyone does this.....Schereth you weak sister/****Y........Guess what....you dumb ***ed douche bag......EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE IS stealing signals too........So you ignorant jackbag.....what is your friggin point.....Seriously, his colleagues on ESPcrap must look at this mongoloid idiot and shake their head.....He is a absolute moron........

Cowherd has been at the top of his game last couple days. Funny as hell, but also dead on with his take on the situation.

You know, I've been trying to tell you guys to give up ESPN, it's what they deserve and I think it is finally sinking in.

I, along with most of you, will not watch ESPN, until I'm forced to, because of a Patriot game.

I can't wait until the NFL network takes all the games away from ESPN.
And it is coming, believe me.
I believe that is why the NFL network was created.

ESPN. That nasty 4 letter word...
They are only relenting as they prep up the fires for Mr. Bonds (an easier mark).

EDIT: added last sentence

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye