Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
One of the bad things about the draft going to Thursday night is that Thursday is usually a big day for me, but today I find myself completely useless. Finals week is approaching and I've skipped both of my classes today :rocker: and have done nothing except sit at the house, eat cereal, and watch NFL Network. Tonight my girlfriend (who is a Bucs fan) and I are having people over for a little bit and I plan on doing nothing except eating a disgusting amount of buffalo chicken wings and drinking just as much of an amount of beer.

How are your days going? What do you have going on for tonight?

I'm sitting at work on my dual monitors, watching season 5 of 24 on Netflix on one screen and alt-tabbing between the spreadsheet I'm working on and Firefox tabs of Patsfans, KFFL, ProFootballTalk, etc. Productive, I know.

All the while pounding coffee and watching the clock tick.........

Last edited:
I wish I could skip class today, but hey that and South Florida traffic will kill time before the draft.

I wish I could skip class today, but hey that and South Florida traffic will kill time before the draft.

Just drive up and down US-1 between Miami Beach and Kendall all day.

Studying for 2 tests tomorrow while watching the draft unfold.

People coming over tonight, but I'm on a pretty restricted diet at the mo and NOT happy about that. The draft won't be the same with carrot sticks dipped in air. If they trade out again, I'll prolly lose it.

Went to Vince's shindig last year and they traded out, ended up watching round 2 in the Pats pro-shop, which was kinda cool.

Do you take Adderall? :cool:

Nope. I never have but I heard the stuff works wonders. I might get it from some kid I know for finals week just to see how it works...

relax, Kontra...it's your inalienable right to fck off whenever you feel the need

Nope. I never have but I heard the stuff works wonders. I might get it from some kid I know for finals week just to see how it works...

I'd definitely recommend it. I'm taking four classes ATM with four final exams (two of them cumulative) and two Gordon Rule papers due in the final two weeks. Adderall should help ensure that my mind doesn't wonder off.

relax, Kontra...it's your inalienable right to fck off whenever you feel the need

I know. I exercise this right more than any other right granted to me as an American citizen. :cool:

Broke as hell so I probably won't be eating anything until maybe Saturday. My students are working on their own for the first time all year and I am net surfing draft notes, mocks, pats fan boards, and also pounding coffee and watching the clock tick. I too fear we will wait all day and most of the night, for the Pats to not make a selection today.:(

One of the bad things about the draft going to Thursday night is that Thursday is usually a big day for me, but today I find myself completely useless. Finals week is approaching and I've skipped both of my classes today :rocker: and have done nothing except sit at the house, eat cereal, and watch NFL Network. Tonight my girlfriend (who is a Bucs fan) and I are having people over for a little bit and I plan on doing nothing except eating a disgusting amount of buffalo chicken wings and drinking just as much of an amount of beer.

that sucks you got finals. yes i can relate to feeling useless when something exciting is only hours away . . . not sure if I will watch the draft live or simply DVR it and watch it like 45 minutes delay and skip the commercials. I am looking forward to watching the draft this year, it should be fun.

I do have one question, seeing that the draft is on prime time, are they doing the entire first round tonight and/or still allowing for 15 minutes between picks, cause if they do its gonna be a (15X32)/4 or an 8 hour event, makes for a long night . . .

Sounds like me. Sitting at work, dual monitors browsing forums / mock drafts.

I'd be shocked if they don't trade down. Tomorrow night is when the party starts.

Sounds like me. Sitting at work, dual monitors browsing forums / mock drafts.

I'd be shocked if they don't trade down. Tomorrow night is when the party starts.

Like I said, it's extremely rare that the Patriots trade down. There should be more than enough talent on the board when we pick to justify a first round selection. For me, the question is whether or not they trade down in the first round from #22.

Utterly useless today........as opposed to any other day??????? :)

I took off work today so I would slack off and read all the pre-draft stuff I can.

It sucks living in Canada though because nobody seems to care about the NFL draft, which means 1) less TV coverage and 2) no friends to watch it with :mad:

I took off work today so I would slack off and read all the pre-draft stuff I can.

It sucks living in Canada though because nobody seems to care about the NFL draft, which means 1) less TV coverage and 2) no friends to watch it with :mad:

It just sucks to live in Canada as a whole. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick