PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I do not believe there were endzone camera shots for that play at all. Anybody check on Tivo? I think NEM just totally made that up.
Easy now Digger, NEM's warped eyesight notwithstanding, there is an end zone replay from the broadcast tape - though that little blue dot masquerading as the FS about 13 yds beyond the LOS and 5 yds behind the acting-Umpire might have something to say about that open area NEM is focusing on. Since he mentioned 5-15 yds past the LOS I might note that TE Dave Thomas is releasing from the line and is making eye contact with a MLB type about 4 yds past the LOS - so within a yard or two NEM is right, the middle is empty - no receivers, no defenders, one official. I guess Tommy could have thrown the ball there, though I don't know how that gains the Pats a first down...

Get off the lie bullcrap. Yo know there was no lie so knock off trying to make others believe that there was one. Most people are wise to your crap now. but not for much longer, Believe it.

LOL you totally lied. You did not see any such endzone cam. You made up the story to strengthen your argument. That is lieing. You are a liar. Once again you got caught. Give it up already. I love how you dodge tha facts and try to change the subject. TY for another threat. THERE WAS NO ENDZONE CAM. YOU LIED.

Easy now Digger, NEM's warped eyesight notwithstanding, there is an end zone replay from the broadcast tape - though that little blue dot masquerading as the FS about 13 yds beyond the LOS and 5 yds behind the acting-Umpire might have something to say about that open area NEM is focusing on. Since he mentioned 5-15 yds past the LOS I might note that TE Dave Thomas is releasing from the line and is making eye contact with a MLB type about 4 yds past the LOS - so within a yard or two NEM is right, the middle is empty - no receivers, no defenders, one official. I guess Tommy could have thrown the ball there, though I don't know how that gains the Pats a first down...

Darn. ok NEM Box tells the truth, but you are still a liar even if it isn't on this one. You have proven that time and again.

After read all these threads is a waste of time.......Good defense play end of story,by the way we won..........GO PATS!!!!!!!!:rocker:

After read all these threads is a waste of time.......Good defense play end of story,by the way we won..........GO PATS!!!!!!!!:rocker:

yup totally. it was a great defensive play. not a poor play call.

Points well taken. Ijust believe it was a low percentage type play for a third and long call.

In the replays of the game, from end zone cameras, there appeard to be a lot of room in the middle, in the 5-15 yard range. Just my impression from what I witnessed.

Since when is 3rd and 3 a 3rd and long play? It was a good "call" with the defender playing 8 yards back. Like I said before and was ignored...Chad telegraphed the play and the PROFESSIONAL NFL FOOTBALL PLAYER DEFENDER reacted and made the play off of a rookie execution mistake. If Troy is the receiver it is a first down. Chad made a rookie mistake and it resulted in a fourth down...lets hang the OC for Chads mistake....

Again those revisionist history being it was 3rd and THREE....NOT 3rd and longas some would have you believe.... and the denfender was 8 yards off the LOS a good call if the rookie receiver doesn't telegraph the play and the NFL denfeder recognizes it and reacts...gasp...you mean there are professionals on the other side of the LOS????? Oh the horror!

You are absolutely wasting your time. You cannot give facts to people who can only talk not listen.

There is a whole group here (as you noticed) who live to carp and whine and complain. To listen to them you would thing our team was the Lions or Raiders.

They have no sense of football, and think that by watching NFL Live every Tuesday on ESPN they know more than the coaching staffs who work at this 18 hours a day.

Mostly though, they thrive on negativity. Most of the board is not that way, but the loudest, most obnoxious ones are.

Don't waste your time. Use the ignore button. Then you only have to read their gibberish when other posters quote their nonsense.

I know what you mean, I played at a pretty high level of competition football and even leagues fairly recently until I slowed down to where the guys 6'6" 250 were now faster than me of course they were 25...me..not 25... Yet while I know quite a bit about football, progressions of plays, defensive tendensies ect from PLAYING the game...the NFL game...please it is a foriegn language in complexity.....and I went to Harvard so I'm not dumb. Yet some how some here seem to be able to know more than others on this board who PLAYED the game even in major college programs and by thier self admission just like mine is not in the same ballpark as the NFL. Those of us that COULD grasp high level football can not realy fathom the complexity of the NFL game. I saw 1/10 of the breakdowns that an NFL player sees yet some here can "get" everything they need from a TV broadcast...what a joke! They have NO IDEA of the information that goes into a game plan or the information available and that has to be disected to make one simple play call...oh yeah....slant, crossing pattern..ect, ect....lack of knowledge is a dangerous thing...

I just saw The Play to Chad and he gave it away the moment the ball was snapped. I forget who posted that earlier but he was correct. He started looking back for teh ball at the snap, the DB didn't even have to think about it. when they used that play before, like to Troy he takes a step ot two forward, then steps back and them looks for the ball which allows him to have the seperation needed to make the 1st DB miss and gain yards.

Just bumping this as it was me that pointed this out. I PLAYED WIDE RECEIVER and saw it as soon as the play developed....i was extreamly cognisent of Chad's "telegraph" because I did the same thing and was also LEVELED just like he was until I corrected my execution errors. The play call was EXCELLENT with the speed of the wide out and the defender playing of 8 yards...in fact it was BRADY'S CALL not Josh's...anybody that played the gae would recognize this, but unfortunately Chad made a rookie mistake and the play didn't work.....then again some think it was 3rd and long instead of 3rd and 2 1/2yards....

59 posts later and this has descended into a NEM rant about the call.. without regard, playmakers make plays... Chad was called on to make this play and he messed up, he needs to make adjustments in his learning curve if he is to cut it in the NFL.

This is the same argument as why do we continue to run it up the middle, this is done for the same reason to keep the defense honest, every play does not work, but if we did the same thing or same series of things every set of downs we would be predictable. When Tenn. reviews the tape this week and they look at this play, they will figure they cannot ignore this set as potentially it could be a big play. This play has decoy written all over it, and when Tenn and the next team in the playoffs schemes for the Pats, they cannot overlook it.

I believe that some of the plays in any game are not for the benefit of the particular game at hand, but to show other teams what we might do.. and gives our coaches an opportunity to develop future plays based on how defenses respond when we try this play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back