PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't see how Aaron Rodgers is better than Brady

Green Bay is the most talented team in the NFL, Aaron Rogers just happens to be their QB.

This is crazy! Rodgers is an awsome QB that is having an off day!

You guys are funny! One bad game vs a hot defense, and you try to downplay Rodgers greatness!

He threw 6 total picks all season, fewer than Brady's best year when he threw 8 int's. He has made the best decisions of any QB for this particular season.

You won't find anyone outside New England who will agree with you that Rodgers has a good O-line. His O-line is garbage and he has to do a lot to evade pressure or make plays with his legs.

Brady's lowest interception total was 4 not 8. Understandable you make that mistake, it being so long ago and all (2010).

He isn't better than Brady. But, THIS SEASON, he has played better than Brady!

I agree with this statement completly. It may be fashionable to say "I don't get why people like Rodgers" after a weekend in which Brady throws 6 TDs in victory while Rodgers gets roughed up by the Giants.

To say "I don't see how Rodgers is better than Brady" clearly didn't watch the regular season this year. Brady is the better QB, but Rodgers has played better this season.

I just don't get why people can't continue to root for and cherish Brady while also giving some props to another quarterback.

I'm a Brady fan, but I certainly respect Rodgers' game and what he has accomplished over the last three seasons (including his Super Bowl victory).

Forgot about last year. You're right Brady had 4 one year. Arguably his best season ever, better than 2007.

But the question is set up to ask who IS presently better, and Aaron Rodgers' 2011 season was better than Brady's. 45 TD's 6 int's is ridiculously good, no need to knock Rodgers.

The question isn't worth discussing because both are 2 of the best 3 QB's in the game, why even argue about this when Brady is the only QB left standing with a great chance at his fourth ring.

I agree with this statement completly. It may be fashionable to say "I don't get why people like Rodgers" after a weekend in which Brady throws 6 TDs in victory while Rodgers gets roughed up by the Giants.

To say "I don't see how Rodgers is better than Brady" clearly didn't watch the regular season this year. Brady is the better QB, but Rodgers has played better this season.

I just don't get why people can't continue to root for and cherish Brady while also giving some props to another quarterback.

I'm a Brady fan, but I certainly respect Rodgers' game and what he has accomplished over the last three seasons (including his Super Bowl victory).

I did see him play in the Regular season... it was the same as this except they caught those wide open passes. I dont see as much wide open receivers when I see the Pats play though(except when Welker is played 1 on 1)

He's pretty good, though. Different skills from Brady. I think today's game is yet another piece of proof that you shouldn't rest players down the stretch. Greenbay's offense looked rusty and now they are out.

Rodgers deserves the regular season MVP award he surely has coming, but I am really surprised neither he nor Brees are playing in the NFC title game. The Patriots really need to close the deal this time.

I don't know if today was a case of Colts-esque rust from starting to rest players three weeks before their first playoff game (they last played week 16, right?) or maybe they were not tested enough in the regular season after knocking the Saints off in Week one. They just looked completely out of rhythm, and his receivers muffed so many passes.

I'm really glad the Patriots came out of the bye ready to play and fired up.

All depends on how you want to measure "better".

Is AR a better Qb than Brady right now? Maybe slightly.

Has AR had a better career than TB? No

Is AR more of a winning QB? No.

Argument over.

Last edited:

Argument over.

Right now? Like this very second?

Brady is better.

You can't see it because he's not.

Aaron Rodgers this season = Tom Brady last season

same results too... one and done

Argument over.

I'm not even willing to say Rodgers is right now, they all have off the charts ridiculous stats, what's the difference? Brady's still playing this season, Brady has the championships, the records, the winning 124–35 (.780). He's the best there is.

Rodgers could probably beat Brady in a 40 yard dash but other than that...

So let me get this straight. . . If Brady were playing in Rodgers' place for the Packers today, the GB receivers would have magically caught all those balls they dropped and Brady would have willed them not to fumble?

Gotcha.

Rodgers isn't better than Brady yet. Let him play 10 years and prove something. Brady is on the verge of winning his 4th Super Bowl. Rodgers is still wet behind the ears. He had a great regular season. But so what. So has Peyton Manning several times and it didn't mean a whole lot till he finally won his ring.

The thing is that not only does Brady have the rings he has the offensive passing records and production too. Brady has gotten better and better each year. We thought 2007 couldn't be topped, and we thought 2010 couldn't be topped. Brady broke his personal record and Marino's passing yards record in 2011. Kudos to Brees but don't forget Brady beat the record too. The best is yet to come! Let's top it off with a Superbowl Win, Tom!!

So let me get this straight. . . If Brady were playing in Rodgers' place for the Packers today, the GB receivers would have magically caught all those balls they dropped and Brady would have willed them not to fumble?

Gotcha.

Don't be bitter that your team got knocked out. They can root from their couches now just like you do. :p

Last edited:
After watching him a few times, he doesn't look much different from the game against Arizona in the Playoffs. His Wide receivers are always open by 5 yards and he doesn't have to make any hard throws at all. Even Flynn threw almost 500 the week he rested too. Brady would throw about 60 TD's with this offense no joke. Brady for MVP

So every time a team loses the quarterback goes from elite to suck? Did you happen to catch how Brady looked against the Ravens 2 years ago in the playoffs?

This is terrible news. Green Bay and Aaron is a much better all around team than the Giants and a quarterback who was playing at an incredible efficiency all season long. GB and Rodgers played like crap. That's all that was. And this ruins my dream of Rodgers-Brady Super Bowl showdown.

Oh well, Pats-49ers will have to do. Giants got lucky as heck and do not deserve to be in the Super Bowl because they just beat one of the most uninspired teams today.

A. Rodgers 26/46 264 5.7 2 1 78.5

Worst game he's had all season.

And Giants, despite all the defense hype, have the 17th most inefficient defense in the league. GB's ranked 3rd. You shouldn't be in the Super Bowl if you get by a team playing at its worst in the playoffs.

Thank God for the 49ers. They ended up finishing just a bit higher than GB. GB was the #2 all around team. 49ers are the top team in the NFL right now.

But the Giants? They are 18th offensively and 17th defensively. Eli's very good, but that team overall isn't. The 49ers will murder them just like they did last time. You know the Pats-Broncos part 2? That's what's going to happen in the NFC Championship.

49ers 38-Giants 25. Won't even be close.

Last edited:
packers WRs dropped a lot of balls and that giants defense even gave brady a lot of trouble this yr

So every time a team loses the quarterback goes from elite to suck? Did you happen to catch how Brady looked against the Ravens 2 years ago in the playoffs?

This is terrible news. Green Bay and Aaron is a much better all around team than the Giants and a quarterback who was playing at an incredible efficiency all season long. GB and Rodgers played like crap. That's all that was. And this ruins my dream of Rodgers-Brady Super Bowl showdown.

Oh well, Pats-49ers will have to do. Giants got lucky as heck and do not deserve to be in the Super Bowl because they just beat one of the most uninspired teams today.

A. Rodgers 26/46 264 5.7 2 1 78.5

Worst game he's had all season.

And Giants, despite all the defense hype, have the 17th most inefficient defense in the league. GB's ranked 3rd. You shouldn't be in the Super Bowl if you get by a team playing at its worst in the playoffs.

Thank God for the 49ers. They ended up finishing just a bit higher than GB. GB was the #2 all around team. 49ers are the top team in the NFL right now.

But the Giants? They are 18th offensively and 17th defensively. Eli's very good, but that team overall isn't. The 49ers will murder them just like they did last time. You know the Pats-Broncos part 2? That's what's going to happen in the NFC Championship.

49ers 38-Giants 25. Won't even be close.

It does not matter if the Packers are an overall better team in the regular season. The NFL playoffs is a win-or-go-home tournament. The best teams step up and play their best football when it is all on the line. The Giants came to play today and the Packers did not. The Giants are the better team. You think the Denver Broncos were an overall better team than the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Using averaged regular season statistics as a barometer of how one team will match up against another team when the chips are on the table is careless. (I'm betting you agree because you said the 49ers will score 38, their regular season average is 23.8).

Well sh!t, Since everyone has the attention span of about 2 seconds, I don't see how Aaron Rodgers is better than Matt Flynn for that mattter.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back