PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't mind this loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSi_PatzGal

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Hate to say this but i dont mind this loss cuz of few reasons
-Belichick hardly make any bad decision..but when he does(spy gate or this one)
you gonna love rest of the season trust me!
-Colts can have this win..@ Belichick expense..but think about it..next time
when Bill will meet colts..do you think he wont remember allll this (What they're saying - Extra Points - Boston.com) ...and ..and.. have he lost twice with same team?
-So id rather take next win with em...wouldn't you?
-Last but not least...Ravens gonna take care of Colts Winning streak next week and we will take care of Saints! :)

Re: I dont mind this loss

well, isn't this a breath of fresh air. i think this is only the second or third optimistic thread to the two dozen pessimist ones.

- there is a loooooong 4x merged thread about BB's 4th and 2 call. I'm not going anywhere near that thread, but I'll just say that I think it was the right call, and an incredibly brave one at that. Faulk gets 6 more inches and BB would have have been the genius with the balls of steel.

- the Colts' have 7 more games to go before they can claim a perfect season. IF they do go 16-0, then they would have earned our respect...just like they deserve respect for their incredible game last night.

- We have 7 more of our own games to think about. IF we meet the Colts again, we'll think about it then.

btw, I'm desi too ;)

"I don't mind this loss":

- either football isn't that important to you or

- you don't know how important of a game the Pats blew last night.

Not only did the Pats lose to another AFC team, all of their 3 losses have come from an AFC team. The Colts have taken five out of the last six from the Pats. Collapses like this is going to crush any confidence the Pats had if they have to meet Indy again in the playoffs. If you expect the Pats to be a "super bowl team", they have to win games like this.

Last edited:

Not only did the Pats lose to another AFC team, all of their 3 losses have come from an AFC team. The Colts have taken five out of the last six from the Pats. Collapses like this is going to crush any confidence the Pats had if they have to meet Indy again in the playoffs. If you expect the Pats to be a super bowl team, they have to win games like this.
n sky is fallinggg !

The Colts have taken five out of the last six from the Pats.

Only 1 more game in Indy later this year and then the Pats won't make that trip again until 2013.

No...

This loss wouldn't have been demoralzing if the Colts had just come out and outplayed us.

Instead we had this game won and completely **** down our leg. Losing this way was the worst possible way IMO

Well, I of course hate losing to the Colts, especially in the manor we did last night, but I do think there may be some serious silver lining here. This game could be the one that makes this team/defense man up and get better. I'm also wondering if some of the defensive players will see the 4th and 2 decision as an "insult" to the defense and try to prove to BB that they (on defense) can be dominant and clutch. Maybe this game is the perfect motivation that this young defense needed.

Gotta agree w/Dezi. HeyBro, it's one game. If you didn't notice, this game was at Indy. So while it's great to have HFA over them, as unlikely as that seems anyway given the records, it's pretty much still one game.

I don't see us losing the division. I don't see this game looming as a soul-destroying memory for anybody. The ridiculous "sky is falling" talk reflects something really annoying to me, personally - the idea that "mojo" or "magic" or some other undefinable thingy went away in 04 and is away for ever now (or alternately, that there's a conspiracy against us ever winning anything of any importance.)

If you truly believe the Pats can want it enough, and do play at a high enough level to compete, getting in the tourney gives you all the opportunity you need.

This loss is one damn game and we all need to come down off the ledge and think about being a damn good 3-loss team, where the losses have all been close, the wins have often been blowouts (just not epic 07-style blowouts,) the QB is better every week (hey spoiled kids: We coulda had Carson Palmer 1 yr later, rather than a more-or-less instant comeback,) and the biggest games have not been "never in doubt" losses.

Pats football is very important to me, personally. It makes no sense but it is. I bet it's important to guys like Brady and Belichick (and the rest of the actual team) too, and I doubt they're all wearing sackcloth and ashes and wailing and gnashing their teeth.

Get over it, is my advice. There's a division to win and then a playoff run ahead of this team. This is one traditional november rivalry game... not the damn be-all-and-end-all.

PFnV

Not only did the Pats lose to another AFC team, all of their 3 losses have come from an AFC team. The Colts have taken five out of the last six from the Pats. Collapses like this is going to crush any confidence the Pats had if they have to meet Indy again in the playoffs. If you expect the Pats to be a "super bowl team", they have to win games like this.

You're the one that doesn't know.

We still have control of our division. That's what is important.

Hey, I see both sides, and ofcourse for a full day we were beating up ourselves and everyone on sight :eek: BB, TB, Defence, Zebras. But I see Dezis point.

We have another 7 games to play and see what we could learn from this (AKA) redzone offence ! At this point the divisions is ours to lose. Let us get in to playoffs . Its time to move on an start rallying around BB and the team

GO PATS !!

No...

This loss wouldn't have been demoralzing if the Colts had just come out and outplayed us.

Instead we had this game won and completely **** down our leg. Losing this way was the worst possible way IMO

What he said. We completely outplayed the Colts in every facet of the game. What bothers me is the 4th and 2 call, but more so, Welker and Moss were both open on that play but the pass was thrown to Faulk, leading me to believe it was a designed play. But even more disturbing was the complete disintegration of our defense in the 4th Quarter. Looked to me like our boys on D weren't in good enough condition to stop the Colts for 4 Quarters.

Everybody just take a deep breath. Indy right now (believe me) is scared to death of the possibility of playing us again. They knew they were dominated for most of the night and pulled off the improbable. Plus, what the media is not mentioning:

Jarvis Green + Ty Warren + Matt Light + Fred Taylor + Sammy Morris + the rest of the patriots from last night = much better chance at shutting down the colts in the 4th quarter and winning the game.

Last edited:
The way that we lost is tough, but that won't be a big deal to me in another day or so. It would have been nice to win, but there's a game next week.

I view it about the same as the Broncos loss. A tough road loss to a good AFC opponent. At least it wasn't a division game. I really don't see it as tanking the season or anything. But I also don't see any upside to it. It clearly would have been better to win it.

The way that we lost is tough, but that won't be a big deal to me in another day or so. It would have been nice to win, but there's a game next week.

I view it about the same as the Broncos loss. A tough road loss to a good AFC opponent. At least it wasn't a division game. I really don't see it as tanking the season or anything. But I also don't see any upside to it. It clearly would have been better to win it.

Maybe my opinion is different since I live in big Colts Country. In my High School today I saw at least 5 different Manning unis. I heard many different conversations about how "great" a win this was. So IMO this game was huge. The nation was watching.

I'll go along with the making lemonade out of lemons direction...

Losing obviously sucks, but if you *have* to lose a regular season game, this is the way to lose. Let's say the Pats lost 31-17 or something like in a game marred by turnovers, penalties and poor execution. What do you come away with from a game like that? "Oh, we have to play better?" No kidding. Does that *really* help in the event of a rematch? Not much.

The Pats have a lot of discreet positives and negatives to take away from last night that they can clearly build upon or address in a January rematch:

+ Playing Clark tight for 3 quarters really gave the Colts offense fits.
+ Playing aggressive man-coverage on Garcon and Collie worked pretty well.
+ Get a little success running the ball and play-action torches Indy.

- Do not hesitate to give Kaczur help the moment Mathis starts getting into a groove.
- Running from shotgun worked well early on, but the Pats were fools to think the Colts weren't looking for it in the 4th quarter. Try some power formations against that undersized D. If they're playing run, put your best foot forward.
- Don't abandon the aggressive D, especially on Clark, once the 4th quarter rolls around.
- Don't waste timeouts before the first play of any drive, no matter how critical.

Now that the Pats are pretty much out of the running for HFA, I'd like to see them get that #2 seed. However, if they have to go on the road in January, the one team I don't mind seeing them face is Indy. I think last night showed they can take them, but they let them off the hook. I don't think that happens again.

Regards,
Chris

Now that the Pats are pretty much out of the running for HFA, I'd like to see them get that #2 seed. However, if they have to go on the road in January, the one team I don't mind seeing them face is Indy. I think last night showed they can take them, but they let them off the hook. I don't think that happens again.

Regards,
Chris

061017_dennis_green.jpg

I would like to add, they are what we thought they are.

PFnv

It was a pretty awful Monday, I must say. But I like our chances if we see the Colts again.

One day to enjoy a win, one day to cry over a loss, and then it's time to move on. Bring on the Jets.

Hate to say this but i dont mind this loss cuz of few reasons
-Belichick hardly make any bad decision..but when he does(spy gate or this one)
you gonna love rest of the season trust me!
-Colts can have this win..@ Belichick expense..but think about it..next time
when Bill will meet colts..do you think he wont remember allll this (What they're saying - Extra Points - Boston.com) ...and ..and.. have he lost twice with same team?
-So id rather take next win with em...wouldn't you?
-Last but not least...Ravens gonna take care of Colts Winning streak next week and we will take care of Saints! :)

I wouldn't go so far as to say I don't mind the loss. But if this lights a fire under the Pats then it will be a good thing in the long run. I think the team has too much character, veteran leadership, confidence and faith in BB to get its tail between its legs. Hopefully this gets us pissed off as hell, and we stop shooting ourselves in the foot and go after the rest of the NFL with a vengeance a la 2007.

I hope that we're made as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.

I not only don't mind it, I think it was the right call.

One thing we can all agree on I think is it wasn't a weasel call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes