PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't get the argument that although Goodell lost Kraft, he has won over all the other owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most owners probably don't like the Patriots and think they cheated. The key is to get them to hate Goodell more.

This looks like a self solving problem though. Since they think the Pats are guilty, when Goodell's decision is overturned they will blame Goodell. Particularly if it's overturned on basic procedural issues in the CBA since Goody had 4 months to figure out what to do.

Arthur Blank is f*cking moron. When you don't think you're guilty why the hell would you admit to anything? Then you get a report that from the beginning was slanted to go against you, not to mention someone fro the NFL lies to you about what the psi measurements for the balls. You just don't sit there and take this kind of over punishment.

Seems like Blank is scared the Kraft will decide he has had enough of putting league first and looks like a fool for being really the only owner to seriously back Goodell over his incompetency over the Rice stuff.

Blank needs to pipe in some more fake sound for his ridiculous echo chamber.

I don't really think the owners are out to get Kraft... like I said, they are all friends who use each other..

In my opinion this is just another product of the relentless, despicable, bloodthirsty, criminal media giving irrational fans a voice...

It's not like any owners stood up for MIA or NO getting railroaded.

I guess this is a bit different because nobody really wanted to be seen defending Incognito, and bullying was the cause du jour. Player safety was the big thing too, so we could all signal what great people we were by piling on the Saints. I don't expect much support from the owners. It's not clear that Kraft gave it out.

I'm mixed on this theory. Earlier this week I felt like it was more than possible but concede there was some emotion involved.

That being said I don't think it's out of left field to wonder which owners are allied with who, what are the rivalries and how do those rivalries manifest themselves in real life.

We plebes will never know the answer to that because we'll never run in those circles.

And while its a very small sample size I haven't seen any of the owners offer much in the way of public support to Kraft while we've heard from at least 3 who have not been supportive at all. What if anything is going on behind the scenes is anybody's guess.

At the end of the day, it's more likely that Goodell is a true believer and is on this magic carpet ride because he believes he has the righteous position.

I hear blank get mentioned now and again, and the 4th or 5th rounder he lost
for piping in noise to drown out the other team's offense
every home game
for
TWO
YEARS

that was admitted to, anyway.

I wonder what the response would be if that had been the patriots

Perhaps the owners are preaching to the choir on this one ...
Saying what they know will be popular amongst their fan base ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back