PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How would you feel if Merriman were the face of the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take Harrison and his attitude any day. If you listen to interviews with Harrison and Merriman, its pretty obvious who is the articulate well-spoken leader and who is not. As far as Harrison trying to maim people, that just ridiculous... he plays on the edge for sure, hits hard for sure but i have never seen Rodney make any hit that in any way seemed like an attempt to injure. If you have examples of some, please let us know.

I didn't say Rodney was trying to maim people. I said his illegal hits could result in that. Helmet to helmet hits could paralyze someone. He doesn't care because he keeps playing the same way. That's fine for him and his team but not for those he goes up against. Oh the irony of it all when his teammates were up in arms about what they thought was a cheap shot when he got injured.

I didn't say Rodney was trying to maim people. I said his illegal hits could result in that. Helmet to helmet hits could paralyze someone. He doesn't care because he keeps playing the same way. That's fine for him and his team but not for those he goes up against. Oh the irony of it all when his teammates were up in arms about what they thought was a cheap shot when he got injured.

you sound angry that he left SD to actually win a superbowl ring :D

you sound angry that he left SD to actually win a superbowl ring :D

He didn't leave because he wanted to, he was cut for salary cap reasons.

Merriman isn't the face of our franchise.... Tomlinson is.

id be happy to have him..if i knew he didnt take steroids however.

before that i was fine with him..i would love for a great player to represent us but the steroid thing just killed my respect for him

if Tom Brady or Seymour or someone got caught for steroids i would be embarrased as hell

I'd be embarassed.

His use of steroids is a disgrace (and so is the NFL's piddly 4 game suspension).

he woudlnt be on the pats because he's a moron who cheats to compete in the NFL

Merriman is everywhere, but not just in San Diego. He is interviewed by television all over, and he is shown by the NFL. We in San Diego like him because our expectations were low when he held out, he had some amazing games last year, and he kept up the production this year. He and Phillips are the reason our secondary is so much better this year (along with Jammer's improvement.)

He was also the youngest player in the NFL last year, so we cut him some slack for his exuberance. And to us, his ****iness is not so different than Rivers'. Personallly, I don't mind Ocho Cinco's shtick either, because it seems in all good fun, unlike Owens' and others. And I put Merriman's shtick in the same vein.

His steroid suspension was bad, true. And it took off some of the luster. But his handling of it has been good, and we are giving him a second chance.

However, to say the Merriman is the face of the Chargers is silly. LT is. Period. A classy guy and a great player. You can also make a case for Rivers and possibly Gates (ever see Gates on the Late, Late SHow? Pretty funny). But LT is our man, LT is the franchise.

I have been reading the Boston papers. Not many articles on LT. But there are a bunch on Merriman (and mostly complimentary).

Last edited:
Tomlinson is much more the face of their franchise in my opinion, and I'd be proud to have a humble (and immensely talented) guy like him on the Pats. As for how I'd feel, it would suck. Not because I dislike Merriman, but because if he were the face of the franchise it would mean Brady wasn't here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference