PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer do you think Gronk has left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Not that I think Gronk will retire this or next, but I heard Gronk was already considering life after football. Do you think Gronk will pull a Megatron and retire still in his prime?

Time to panic?

No. He's just being smart thinking about what he wants to do while he has the brains to do it.

And how long does he have?

As long as he does this....
rob-gronkowski-chugging-inline.jpg

...............he'll be OK. ;)

Last edited:
Why did someone rate my thread disagree if I didn't say Gronk was retiring?

A few years ago, when he had many injuries, I did not think he'd last that much more. The last two seasons have been fun. Hope the fun times keep rolling.

Dont even want to think about it

The Pats are doing all they can to stretch out his career. No preseason. Starting him slow. Sitting him for a strained knee. Lining him up off the line and wide. Can't do much more.

With that said he still takes a pounding. I'd like to think he'll still be elite in his late 20s but start to show the wear and tear in his early 30s.

TEs are funny. Coates and Bavaro fell off a cliff.

I just dont see his career arch like Gonzo, Witten or Sharpe. He's already taken a ton of punishment but he has a ton of football left.

Last edited:
Thy Gronk Is Indestructible

Really tho worst case with Bennett and Derby our TE duo would still be elite most then other teams if not ours being the most, god forbid we lose Gronk for the season Bennett and Derby would be enough to keep the train rolling all the way the big stage

Wouldn't a dislike make more sense though?

@robertweathers - I hope Gronk doesn't fall off a cliff ability wise, but I believe he will still be elite at 31-32.

Me too!

Gronk takes great care of himself and despite what Gordy thinks the team is managing his workload and health very well.

Thought I read that he came into camp a little lighter this year?

I think Gronk will last 3-4 more years at least. His style does lead him to taking more hits which will probably end up shortening his career but overall I am not worried about it. He seems to have figured out how not to get hurt. He seems to have a better sense of when yo leave his feet and stop fighting for extra yards and when you put his head down and run.

It's obvious Gronk thinks about these things. Look at what he said about Antonio Gates, someone a lot of people wrote off 5 years ago, but he's still going.

Rob Gronkowski admires Antonio Gates’ longevity

“Whenever you see a tight end at that caliber playing every single week going out there and making a huge impact and making huge plays and looking like he’s in his early 20s still it’s unbelievable,” Gronkowski said.” Obviously, he knows what he’s doing and he’s a player to look up to no doubt about that. It would be cool to talk to him and learn what he’s done to keep playing at that high level. I definitely look up to him.”

He's always adjusted his game enough to "protect" himself also. Just last year, he made a certain "dodge" move in the Denver game when TJ Ward went low (again). Don't think he doesn't know how he plays and the effect it can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft