PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer do you think Gronk has left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no...I refuse to stop worrying..can't you see it's all bad and if not it's going to be all bad? This is not good future news!

• Ha Ha
Reactions: rfh
What is dead may never die

We need Gronk's significant other to start hanging out with Ashley Manning. Problem solved.

He can jointly retire with Brady for all I care. As long as he's here for the rest of Brady's career.

• Agree
Reactions: rfh
How much longer do you think Gronk has left?

Enough.

Every week I grit me teeth when a throw goes over the middle.

Every week I cringe seeing him stumble hard out of bounds.

Every week I yell at him to stop fighting for the extra yard.

Fact of the matter, what makes gronk so dominant is what hurts him as well. He plays so hard, and takes the hard cost that goes with it.

It's a safe question to wonder how long until he gets that injury that does slow him significantly. With two major back surgeries, knee and arm issues, it's a marvel he is able to perform at the level he plays at. For how much longer, it's all guess work.

Gronk's been studying film. He's figured out a way to protect himself from defenders going at his knees.

600px-LBSBeretta84F-1.jpg

Not that I think Gronk will retire this or next, but I heard Gronk was already considering life after football. Do you think Gronk will pull a Megatron and retire still in his prime?

Second troll thread you have started in the last week.

I think I make this comment every time this discussion comes up, so what the hell...

I'm still legitimately confused by the narrative that Gronk is some sort of walking leper struggling to stay on the field.

His major pro injuries are a broken arm (and some cleanup/infection problems if I recall) on a fluke play, and the ACL tear, which happens to like 50 guys every year.

Throw in the SB played with the high ankle sprain, and those injuries in those cases were frustrating as hell because you can (and I would) make the argument that he is the difference between winning the Super Bowl, and not, a couple of those years. But that doesn't mean he's a brittle old man with a ticking clock on him. He's missed little or zero time for injuries of the "nagging" variety or anything related to his back, which was the concern that dropped him on the draft. Yeah he's gotta watch for guys going low, but so does everyone else. Gronk is the baddest MF in the league and his biggest fans can't stop calling him soft.

I disAGREE with the OP, because I think it's a bad question.

If you want to ask about the PROBABILITY that he lasts more than X years, or the over/under on how long he has left, that's fine. But what determines how long he lasts will most likely be one or a small number of bad events, more than it will be any kind of steady trajectory of deterioration.

he's got 3 to 4 years. lets just hope he avoids another major injury.
think he starts to slow down in 2-3 from now.
lots of hits but he's a massive asset

We need Gronk's significant other to start hanging out with Ashley Manning. Problem solved.
I think that is Goon unless he is dating the ex cheerleader for NE

I think Gronk might have as little as two elite seasons left. I'm sure he could be a good to great player longer than that, due to his ball skills and intelligence.

The problem is his speed. He doesn't get the separation against linebackers like he did in his first 2-3 seasons. Beetween the knee, the back, and the ankle, alot of his speed has been taken from him.

Probably won't be a popular opinion on this site but the tape doesn't lie.

Well he's made it through the last two seasons I would say things are looking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes