PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much did Wade's comments weighinto going for it at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...after 4 q of football..this is the issue? they ran the ball. football is 60 min.

Iwas surprised that we didn't take a knee at the end. Ive seen BB do that with the score much closer. So I think there is something between BB and Philips.

When the HELL has BB ever taken a knee on 4th down? Stop trying to make something out of nothing people. The last RB on the depth chart ran 4 times in a row to kill the clock. PERIOD. It's the only way to go in that situation, 4 runs with your last RB, unless you can kneel the clock all the way out, which we couldn't because Dallas called a timeout

Sorry Pal, that's wrong. The Pats could have taken a knee on the last play, and in the past would have. The whole spygate thing has altered what they do at the end of games. That's a fact, and saying otherwise is silly.

By the way, I think it's fine. If they took a knee, I'd say, OK, cool, that's the respectable thing to do, blah blah blah. But when they punch it in, I'm psyched. Screw the league!!! But don't act like it's not different--if you do, you haven't really been watching.

I am in complete agreement.

LOL, every week we make new enemies.

Get in line, Cowboy jerkoffs.

I have to agree. I have always liked the Cowboys team for some reason but their fans that came to this site were about the lamest bunch since the Chargers.

My comment is based on past action by the Patriots. They usually go to one knee in those situations. I can recall them going to one knee with goal to go in number of situations when the score has been much closer. I think BB almost bends over at times not to run up the score. Although I do not think it was blatant, they were definately trying to send a message.

You go for a knee when you can run out the ENTIRE clock and end the game. In this game that was IMPOSSIBLE as Dallas called a timeout after the 2 minute warning. So, in that situation, you run for 4 downs, killing as much time as possible off the clock and either give them the ball at the goalline with no time or get a TD. You don't just knee it to a turnover, when has anyone ever done that? NEVER.

Sorry Pal, that's wrong. The Pats could have taken a knee on the last play, and in the past would have. The whole spygate thing has altered what they do at the end of games. That's a fact, and saying otherwise is silly.

By the way, I think it's fine. If they took a knee, I'd say, OK, cool, that's the respectable thing to do, blah blah blah. But when they punch it in, I'm psyched. Screw the league!!! But don't act like it's not different--if you do, you haven't really been watching.

Sorry "Pal", but no they haven't taken a knee on 4th down in the past to turn the ball over. You can't run any clock down on 4th down by taking a knee, it's just a damn turnover. Seriously guys, come on, do you pay attention to football!?

This is one time where both sides make valid points for their arguments which in the end probably means you can't fault BB and company for running the ball and scoring.

But I did find myself thinking this same very thing about Phillips' comments when the Pats continued to run the ball on 3rd and 4th down. With a 14 point lead, the ball inside Dallas 10 yard line and less than a minute left, it becomes real tough to argue the game would be in any jeopardy had the Pats taken a knee.

And yes folks, we have seen them do it in the past.

Personally, I'm all for sticking it to Phillips if that was the thought process. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it one way or the other tonight.

When the HELL has BB ever taken a knee on 4th down? Stop trying to make something out of nothing people. The last RB on the depth chart ran 4 times in a row to kill the clock. PERIOD. It's the only way to go in that situation, 4 runs with your last RB, unless you can kneel the clock all the way out, which we couldn't because Dallas called a timeout
ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME!!! How long have you been watching the pats a couple of months? In the past BB would have taken a knee with 1:30 to go and up by a touch down if the other team was out of time outs.

Seriously guys, come on, do you pay attention to football!?

Seriously, I have had season tickets for 12 years and I have not missed a Pats game in years. I can recite the outcome of just about any game over the last 15 years.

Go back and review games from the BB era. You will see there were several times where the Pats have gone to a knee in similiar situations. The fact they did not do this today is a statement. I am glad they did.

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME!!! How long have you been watching the pats a couple of months? In the past BB would have taken a knee with 1:30 to go and up by a touch down if the other team was out of time outs.

Prove to me that BB has knee'd the ball to a turnover in the past.

2nd down, 1:30: knee
3rd down, :50: knee
4th down :10: knee, turnover

Seriously, I have had season tickets for 12 years and I have not missed a Pats game in years. I can recite the outcome of just about any game over the last 15 years.

Go back and review games from the BB era. You will see there were several times where the Pats have gone to a knee in similiar situations. The fact they did not do this today is a statement. I am glad they did.

Then recite every game where they have knee'd the ball to a turnover. They knee the ball when they can run out the clock, they could not today.

Up by 14 points, and then taking a knee, IMO, is a much bigger slap in the face then running the ball with your 4th RB. Phillips is still pissed because he lost last year to the Pats in the playoffs. He probably just realized that he will never beat the Pats - ever.

Unless you can completely run out the clock, you don't take a knee. Period.

+1. Taking a knee was NOT EVEN AN OPTION.

THe obvious reason for going for it was to get our average points scored back up to 38. 49 puts us 2 pts over a 38 avg. We need only get 36 against Miami, thereby not insulting an obviously weaker opponent. :D

My comment is based on past action by the Patriots. They usually go to one knee in those situations. I can recall them going to one knee with goal to go in number of situations when the score has been much closer. I think BB almost bends over at times not to run up the score. Although I do not think it was blatant, they were definately trying to send a message.

They take a knee if they can run the clock out and end the game. Why take a knee to simply give it back to Dallas's offense?

I am surprised they went for another score at the end.

Interesting. I never looked at it that way. I saw them keeping the ball on the ground in the red zone, keeping the ball away from them completely by getting a first down, allowing no chance of a Buffalo miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes