PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much did Wade's comments weighinto going for it at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallfamebrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I am surprised they went for another score at the end. They usually call of the dogs once the game is won. I have to think his idiotic comments played into this.

Last edited:
I am surprised they went for another score at the end. They usually call of the dogs once the game is won. I have to think his idiotic comments played into this.

no they've done that in to other games but have turned it over on downs. running up the score would be kicking a field goal

Don't know about that, but did you see Philips more or less blow off BB for the handshake?:D

I wouldn't say we were really going for it. I mean really, we were feeding it to our 4th RB 4 plays in a row. Is it our fault Dallas could not stop him?

Going for it would have been Tommy throwing his 6th.

Last edited:
Hey, Wade Phillips decided to call a timeout with a minute left. He could have let the clock run.

Don't know about that, but did you see Philips more or less blow off BB for the handshake?:D

Yup, well F Phillips. I can't stand watching that guy on the sideline, all the Pete Carrol comparisons are right. Dude needs to calm the F down.

no they've done that in to other games but have turned it over on downs. running up the score would be kicking a field goal

Thank you. Every single week it is the same thing. Why do people not get it?

You HAVE to run a play, you can't just walk off the field and say good game until it's over. The only reason to EVER kick a FG is when you NEED the POINTS. With a big lead you almost always RUN for 4 downs, if you score you score. IF you dont score they get the ball in bad field position without a quick-score risk of a kickoff as well.

IT ISN"T RUNNING UP THE SCORE SO STOP MAKING THESE THREADS EVERY WEEK!!!

Last edited:
It was 4 straight running plays with the absolute last runningback on the depth chart.

I don't think they were trying that hard to score.

Had Dallas not called timeout after the 2 minute warning, the Pats could have run out the clock.

Since Dallas decided to call timeout, NE decided to run it with a practice squad fullback 4 plays in a row.

I hardly call that running up the score.

Dallas knew it was coming every down.

they just gaveup.

Some sports journo tried to get Wade to talk crap about the last TD. He basically said he wasn't surprised by it, but he wasn't surprised by the other 41 points they scored.

He said they threw everything they had at the Patriots on defense, every blitz package and every coverage scheme, but nothing could stop the Patriots. He said he doesn't know if they are the best in the league, but they are one of them.

He seems pissed.

This "don't run the score up" stuff is crap.

This is football. If you can't defend the offense, they will score.

If this bothers you, then get a better defense.

Sick of this continual whining.

LOL, every week we make new enemies.

Get in line, Cowboy jerkoffs.

heck....I HOPE BB was trying to run the score up.

I will be interested to read the Dallas sports tomorrow.

Iwas surprised that we didn't take a knee at the end. Ive seen BB do that with the score much closer. So I think there is something between BB and Philips.

I blame the refs for that awful offensive PI call on the 2nd Moss TD. I loved Son of Bum having that stupid grin wiped off his face. Does he think teams are going to give him W's eevery week and bail him out like the Bills did?

That last TD was by three straight handoffs to 5th stringer Kyle Eckels.

The only other option was to throw it into the tenth row of the stands?

You HAVE to run a play, you can't just walk off the field and say good game until it's over. The only reason to EVER kick a FG is when you NEED the POINTS. With a big lead you almost always RUN for 4 downs, if you score you score. IF you dont score they get the ball in bad field position without a quick-score risk of a kickoff as well.

My comment is based on past action by the Patriots. They usually go to one knee in those situations. I can recall them going to one knee with goal to go in number of situations when the score has been much closer. I think BB almost bends over at times not to run up the score. Although I do not think it was blatant, they were definately trying to send a message.

Sorry Pal, that's wrong. The Pats could have taken a knee on the last play, and in the past would have. The whole spygate thing has altered what they do at the end of games. That's a fact, and saying otherwise is silly.

By the way, I think it's fine. If they took a knee, I'd say, OK, cool, that's the respectable thing to do, blah blah blah. But when they punch it in, I'm psyched. Screw the league!!! But don't act like it's not different--if you do, you haven't really been watching.

If this was against Romeo it would have been a knee. It was against a coach who made comments, a coach who grinned and whooped it up on opposing sacks. That was a big F' you, thank you. BTW, I bet Flute was grinning ear to ear.

Unless you can completely run out the clock, you don't take a knee. Period.

And unless you're ahead by more than 16 points, you shouldn't completely stop trying anyway. ESPECIALLY not against a team with an explosive offensive that pulled out a game on an onside kick just the prior week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes