PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many more times do they have to prove it to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The patriots and Tom Brady ARE favored each week, no matter who is injured.

Here is my question.. if Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning can be favored by their fans in the media as well as sports analysts in each game no matter who is injured or hurt then why can't Tom Brady? Is either Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning a better quarterback then Tom Brady realistically? I'd say no, I mean come on, lets be real here. I promise you if you asked any player or coach in this league 50 times who they think is the best is and who they would have to win a game then I guarantee the majority of the answers would be the Tom Brady. This is Tom Brady people, the same Tom Brady that won an MVP in 2011. There is no decline in his game, or drop off as idiots or morons would say such a stupid thing. If you want to say the guy is old? I think not, older but not old because Peyton is OLDER and is still great so is Tom. These type of wins allow others to step up, grow, improve, become leaders, become stars and become a complete championship team. Then you still have the best Coach, QB, TE, and CB so.. everyone needs to slow their roll and realize what we have, and that we're building something special.

The patriots and Tom Brady ARE favored each week, no matter who is injured.

Seriously: is there any other team in the league for which opponents treat regular season games as "their Super Bowl?"

I just don't understand the crazy panic everytime the Pats get down or Brady is off in a game.

YOU KNOW what is going to happen, you've seen the story a thousand times over: Tom get's it together, defense get's takeaways, Pats win.

Why oh why do people feel the need to say mid-game that 'brady is done', 'draft a QB', 'this defense sucks'?

The overreaction is crazy, it was the same scenario agaisnt the Saints until Tom and the rookie receivers shut the doubters up in the last minute.

Today he was off big time the first half, but then BAM come the 3rd quarter a beautiful route, throw and catch to Dobson and then an absolutely perfect TD throw to Gronk which was unfortunately wiped off.

EVERYONE knew this offense was going to take time to gel before the season got underway yet STILL people are moaning knowing that the wrinkles are being ironed out week by week. This D is elite when they get Talib (best corner in the league) and Kelly back. I'll even say they were today considering what they did in that 2nd half.

The offense is going to be SCARY come playoff time with a 100% Gronk and fingers crossed a fully integrated Amendola who i believe has got over the injury jinx for the season. Not to mention the rookies getting better every week with the Vereen dynamic thrown into the mix.

The most important thing to stress though is that we're 6-2!! You'd think we were 2-6 given the hysteria. No doubt when Tom & co destroy the Broncos next month and Talib picks off Peyton 3 times all the fickle ones will forget what they said very quickly.

I too grow weary of the incessant whining, for no discernable reason.

As many have said Ridley is the true stud. The drop off after him with Boldin and Blount is huge.

2013 New England Patriots Stats

Blount and Bolden are not "a huge drop off" from Ridley. The stat page above does not include the Miami game at this writing, but the number won't change much. Ridley and Blount average 4.1 yards per carry, and Bolden averages 5.4 yards per carry.

Somewhere along the line, we have to value the running back by committee that the Patriots have in 2013. Vereen will be a tremendous addition come week 11.

I never panic when we trail, because I know we can make a comeback.

I ALWAYS panic when we lead, because it is rare that we actually keep that lead all the way to the 60 minute mark. Re: Jets last week.

IMO the only downfalls for this team is the at times mind numbing playcalls of Josh and also the disrespect and lack of faith shown to Ridley who is a STUD back.

Yeah...he's a stud back until he fumbles again....then everyone will be saying "what the bleep is that guy in there for...he doesn't protect the bleepin ball!"....

you want an answer now???

wait until next game when they get down...go to the game thread...you'll get all the explanations you want on why, how, and for how long they have sucked...the little rats scurry back in their troll holes when the game is over.

The best from Kirsch Words yesterday was a "fan of 22 years who was done with this team"

There was one person who said they weren't going to watch since they play well when he or she isn't watching, it worked, lol...

"How many more times do they have to prove it to you?"

Every week, vs every opponent. That's what the NFL is: 16 seasons in one year.

"How many more times do they have to prove it to you?"

Every week, vs every opponent. That's what the NFL is: 16 seasons in one year.

If you asked any NFL player that would be they're response. It's a prove it every week league.

YOU KNOW what is going to happen, you've seen the story a thousand times over: Tom get's it together, defense get's takeaways, Pats win.

Except for, you know, the Jets game a couple of weeks ago and, you know, against Cincy.

But yeah! Other than that! Woo-hoo!

:rolleyes:

Sure we are winning but my whole problem is we needed to move forward from where we were last year in order to make a SB run. Our D did get much better but with the recent injuries its not much better than it was to finish last year.

Our offense on the other hand....took a big step back. To quote BB "we are what we are" middle of the pack offense and a shadow of what we have been in recent years.

Sure we wil make the playoffs, sure we can* (if we ever put 4 quarters together in a game) beat the best AFC teams but I just dont see it (esp on the road where we will be in the playoffs).

Its a very spoiled view of the world we have. I live in western NY and the Bills would love to be 6-2 and make the playoffs even if they lost 1st round it would be a tremendous season. THis team doesnt look SB quality to me...and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

Here is my question.. if Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning can be favored by their fans in the media as well as sports analysts in each game no matter who is injured or hurt then why can't Tom Brady? Is either Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning a better quarterback then Tom Brady realistically? I'd say no, I mean come on, lets be real here. I promise you if you asked any player or coach in this league 50 times who they think is the best is and who they would have to win a game then I guarantee the majority of the answers would be the Tom Brady. This is Tom Brady people, the same Tom Brady that won an MVP in 2011. There is no decline in his game, or drop off as idiots or morons would say such a stupid thing. If you want to say the guy is old? I think not, older but not old because Peyton is OLDER and is still great so is Tom. These type of wins allow others to step up, grow, improve, become leaders, become stars and become a complete championship team. Then you still have the best Coach, QB, TE, and CB so.. everyone needs to slow their roll and realize what we have, and that we're building something special.

So you think that Brady is playing at a best QB in the league level right now? He has not been very good this season. He has made bad decision on where to throw. He has put the balls where it's incredibly hard for the WR to catch it. I can't say with a straight face that Brady has looked that good this year. It's not all on the receivers.

So you think that Brady is playing at a best QB in the league level right now? He has not been very good this season. He has made bad decision on where to throw. He has put the balls where it's incredibly hard for the WR to catch it. I can't say with a straight face that Brady has looked that good this year. It's not all on the receivers.

No, he isn't and he hasn't looked that good. Love or hate Favre, he is a future Hall of Famer who commended Brady on his performance this year. That guy lived through some significant personnel changes, and his stats show when they took place.

Brady has made uncharacteristically bad throws and bad decisions because he has to command this offense, with all of its breaks in protection, missing pieces due to injuries, receivers trying to learn their routes and frankly receivers not getting separation. That is a lot to assess, and given the mental element of his position the temptation arises to force throws or rush throws, which shows in his performance. Fixable? It was for Favre, as he statistically had some very good years after the down years when things settled down. The hope is this settles down this year rather than some future year, and the offense starts to resemble more closely the games of last year.

It's really easy, its really safe and it's really not very brave to be negative and predict gloom and doom after every bad play because sooner or later we will lose a game and you can be all say I told you so. Next week we're playing a weak Steelers team. I can hear you all now...we might win that one too, damnit!

well in all fairness, I turned the game off at 1/2 time to go rake leaves. I didn't think the Patriots were out of it though, just needed to get the yard work done, and knew that by the time I returned for the 4th Quarter it would be a game....

sure enough :D

I just don't understand the crazy panic everytime the Pats get down or Brady is off in a game.

Why oh why do people feel the need to say mid-game that 'brady is done', 'draft a QB', 'this defense sucks'?

The overreaction is crazy, it was the same scenario agaisnt the Saints until Tom and the rookie receivers shut the doubters up in the last minute.

Today he was off big time the first half, but then BAM come the 3rd quarter a beautiful route, throw and catch to Dobson and then an absolutely perfect TD throw to Gronk which was unfortunately wiped off.

EVERYONE knew this offense was going to take time to gel before the season got underway yet STILL people are moaning knowing that the wrinkles are being ironed out week by week. This D is elite when they get Talib (best corner in the league) and Kelly back. I'll even say they were today considering what they did in that 2nd half.

The offense is going to be SCARY come playoff time with a 100% Gronk and fingers crossed a fully integrated Amendola who i believe has got over the injury jinx for the season. Not to mention the rookies getting better every week with the Vereen dynamic thrown into the mix.

The most important thing to stress though is that we're 6-2!! You'd think we were 2-6 given the hysteria. No doubt when Tom & co destroy the Broncos next month and Talib picks off Peyton 3 times all the fickle ones will forget what they said very quickly.

Calling the D elite, Talib the best corner, and saying everyone will play at their best is just as bad. One good win and you are overrating everything.

I didn't say any of those things.

I just said that the Dolphins would win by 25. :bricks:

How many more times do I have to see Blount on kickoff coverage. Sure he had some good returns today just past the 20 but most times he takes it out of the end zone to be trapped behind the 20.

Blount looks like the worst kickoff returner in the NFL to me. I just don't understand how the Patriots can't find someone better for this role.

Fortunately, kickoff returner is quickly becoming a little used specialty in today's NFL.

you want an answer now???

wait until next game when they get down...go to the game thread...you'll get all the explanations you want on why, how, and for how long they have sucked...the little rats scurry back in their troll holes when the game is over.

"Game Day Thread" = "A Confederacy of Dunces"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes