PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How great was AV missing that FG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy for Adam that he got his money after playing out his contract. Congratulations are due to him for winning another Super Bowl with the Colts. That being said, I'm very glad that he left the year he did, because his replacement, Gostkowski, is an upgrade at this point in their respective careers, and should remain so for the duration of Vinatieri's tenure as an NFL kicker.

Absolutely. The Pats would rather upgrade/change/cut/release/refuse to resign a player a year too early rather than a year too late. It cuts down on dead cap space and allows them the flexibility to make the moves they do. It may not always be popular but more often than not, it's the right move....
While I appreciate all that AV has done for the Pats, his longest FG this year is 39 yards....and he kicks indoors at least half the time......

Last edited:
Actually, his missed FG was a huge factor.

If the Colts had only been down by 1 on that last drive, they would have had only half the distance to go to get the go-ahead score. This definitely affected the Colts playcalling. Manning would have been content to go for the underneath routes on the last drive, and wouldn't have held on to the ball so long - allowing time for the Patriots to get the sack/turnover.

R
If Adam got too much credit for winning all those Super Bowls by three points, he should get too much blame for losing yesterday.

How great? Really great!

If Adam got too much credit for winning all those Super Bowls by three points, he should get too much blame for losing yesterday.

Stupid argument. One has nothing to do with the other.

Three points in a game that ultimately was decided by four, and went down to the last possession is huge no matter what you think.

R

Is it me or does Adam look like he's gained weight?

A new era has begun for the Patriots:

The Ghost thru the posts!

It was nice that he missed it, but I can't say I celebrated it.

AV did a ton for us here in NE. No need to disrespect him.

Stupid argument. One has nothing to do with the other.

Three points in a game that ultimately was decided by four, and went down to the last possession is huge no matter what you think.

R
Not stupid, but maybe beyond you?

Right before the attempt I said "Watch Seymour block this." It was truly excellent. And I celebrated, got all giddy, and shouted profanities because he's on the Colts now and I root for every single member of that team to fail. And to fail in the most embarrassing way imaginable. :singing:

i was very happy he missed or blocked..which is also a miss..as he had to use lower projectory cause he doesnt have the power he once had.

he helped us to win sb's but i dont like him anymore. he went to the colts !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News