PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How good would've Watson had been if he didn't miss his first year ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Imagine how good Watson would be if he didn't miss his rookie year with an injury ? Last year was pretty good, considering it was really his rookie season. Now he looks like he will have a monster year. Imagine if he had that extra year experience.

No Doubt..Ive often wondered the same thing myself.I sincerely hope he can stay injury free this year.He definately has the talent to be a better Tight End then Ben Coates Was IMHO...

Last edited:
It's very hard to tell, but that addition year definitely wouldn't have hurt.

People need to hold on to your horses with watson. he is no way in a position to catch 80[ben coates area] balls a season.Last game with no WR he and graham together accouted for 4 catches.
Himself 3.....does catching 3 catchs makes him a ben coates not sure ...

Last edited:
satz said:
People need to hold on to your horses with watson. he is no way in a position to catch 80[ben coates area] balls a season.Last game with no WR he and graham together accouted for 4 catches.

I wasnt comparing him to ben coates.I was saying that If he can stay healthy and USE the God given talents he's been given.Then He could someday be in the threshold of Ben Coates Records...Thats all..He is a physical Freak of nature...And that is rare..It doesnt make him different from the Vernon Davis's or the Kellen Winslow's in that aspect.What is going to make him Fly fast past the others in terms of success is the fact that he's got on of the IMHO..Top 5 QB's of all time throwing to him..

satz said:

Even if he duplicates what he did Sunday every game, that's a 48 catch 800 yard season. That's pretty damned good. And he didn't even have a big game, which I believe he will have a few.

Pretty good.

I agree with satz. Let's wait a few games before we pass

judgement on Ben Watson.

Fact is he did miss his first year so lets not talk about "ifs"

I have him on my fantasy team, but to tell you the truth I wouldn't know him if he walked thru my front door. I only drafted him because of the huge pre-season game he had. I hope he has a huge day tommorrow. I have Torry Holt and Reggie Wayne to go along with him.

Ben is a beast...I hope he can have a breakout year like no other.

From what i have seen mills had some impresive catches and have a feeling he will pass watson on number of catches by next year.

watson has been in the system for 2 years [forget the injury year] and still does not show the productivity i would expect from him.Him blowing some blocks pissed me off more .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes