PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How far would you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's a question of "how much of a homer are you", to take one for the team without any compensation or even acknowledgement or knowledge.

Only someone who felt the Patriots were an essential part of their being would agree to it. But who thinks a sports team is an essential part of one's being? By definition such a person is living far too vicariously.

I'm a Pats fan and think Cassel has had a bum rap and will be near all-Pro by the end of the year. That makes me a homer, so be it. But I am not going to confuse the Pats with myself. They make millions, I live a semi-successful but boring life. They really have nothing in common with me. They couldn't care less about me or my boring life, nor should they.

Not sure of the phenomenon of being a "fan" and living vicariously. To some extent it's normal, but take a crippling knee injury for the "team" (of which you are no part whatsoever)....no, not me.

I guess it's a question of "how much of a homer are you", to take one for the team without any compensation or even acknowledgement or knowledge.

Only someone who felt the Patriots were an essential part of their being would agree to it. But who thinks a sports team is an essential part of one's being? By definition such a person is living far too vicariously.

I'm a Pats fan and think Cassel has had a bum rap and will be near all-Pro by the end of the year. That makes me a homer, so be it. But I am not going to confuse the Pats with myself. They make millions, I live a semi-successful but boring life. They really have nothing in common with me. They couldn't care less about me or my boring life, nor should they.

Not sure of the phenomenon of being a "fan" and living vicariously. To some extent it's normal, but take a crippling knee injury for the "team" (of which you are no part whatsoever)....no, not me.

I think we only needed a 'no' . :D

My wife says "Yes, do it!" Sigh

ild do it with out knowing all the things you mentioned were covered.

and like many have said if we get his money or Giselle than no brainer

Friends of mine have been asking me a real intresting question the last couple of weeks, they've been asking if it were possible, would I take Brady's knee injury so he could be healthy and playing right now and I be left with a torn ACL? Before you answer the question consider these things.

1. The same doctor thats going to operate on Brady would be preforming the surgery on you.

2. All medical and rehab bills will be covered.

3. All of the money you miss out on from work will be paid to you and you will retain your position when your healthy enough to do so.

4. All bills will be taken care of. ( rent, utilities, etc.)

I personally don't know if I would do this, Id have to sit and really consider it im not sure If I would or would'nt.

Again... how far would you go?

and i get slammed for my threads :rolleyes:

gee, if you could trade places with Superman or Batman which one would you choose????

we need sunday to get here FAST!!!!!!!

Did you ever see gradeschoolers cut their hair to show solidarity and empathy with one of their little classmates struck by cancer?

Maybe we Pats fans should do that with Brady. Instead of cutting our hair we could have a big get together where we go at each other's knees with sledgehammers and baseball bats and such - in order to wreck our ACL and MCL and thus show solidarity with our hero, Brady.

What do you think?

Maybe there's some sort of meta-physical "suffering" bank account type of thing. If we all suffer for Brady, maybe he recovers quicker?

Maybe the OP can offer to go first. If Brady starts doing better the rest of us can volunteer. Maybe we could have them rescind Brady's IR if he gets better quickly enough - explain that the fans took one for the team.

and i get slammed for my threads :rolleyes:

gee, if you could trade places with Superman or Batman which one would you choose????

!!!!!

Batperson because his 'normal' life as a billionaire is much more fun than Clark Kent's.

Batperson because his 'normal' life as a billionaire is much more fun than Clark Kent's.

QFT.

Personal life: Millionaire Playboy vs. Beat reporter whose sexual tension with Lois Lane passes as romance.

Did you ever see gradeschoolers cut their hair to show solidarity and empathy with one of their little classmates struck by cancer?

Maybe we Pats fans should do that with Brady. Instead of cutting our hair we could have a big get together where we go at each other's knees with sledgehammers and baseball bats and such - in order to wreck our ACL and MCL and thus show solidarity with our hero, Brady.

What do you think?

Maybe there's some sort of meta-physical "suffering" bank account type of thing. If we all suffer for Brady, maybe he recovers quicker?

Maybe the OP can offer to go first. If Brady starts doing better the rest of us can volunteer. Maybe we could have them rescind Brady's IR if he gets better quickly enough - explain that the fans took one for the team.

you're one of those tree hugger types, huh? or a troll. :confused:

In a heartbeat. Can I take it on my right knee though? That's the one that's most messed up on me. I could use surgery there anyway.

Hell yeah I'd do it...how much time do we have left with a team this great? Their greatness is maximized with Brady; the Pats are an unstoppable machine with Brady leading the pack. I'd rather jump around with a torn ACL after winning the Superbowl than walk out of Gillette on a perfectly healthy knee after losing the seventh game of the season.

Anyways, if my knee was all fixed up by a doctor good enough to operate on Superbowl-winning quarterbacks, I'm sure it would hold up for me...my daily activity is nowhere near that of a pro football player's. It would be worth it to hear "Brady to Moss" over and over. And over. And over. Cuz we sure aren't hearing "Cassel to Moss" very often, are we?

You must be the life of the party.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Be careful or the government will nuke your imagination.

Andy Dufresne says, "They can take away everything a man has except his imagination".

Last edited:
in a heart beat no questions asked

lol i would probably do it without the benefits hahaha

That is absolutely ridiculous. BUT, i thought the same exact thing, so i think that it is really funny that someone else thought that. i think in the end, in my head at least, i chose the option that id rather nobody we injured. ive had some pretty nice injuries, and they are no fun. the rehab is always the worst. Plus, most of us here are working men, and if we are injured its difficult to work, rehab and be a good family man/woman. so, i think, well i dont want anyone to be injured: friend or foe

That is absolutely ridiculous. BUT, i thought the same exact thing, so i think that it is really funny that someone else thought that. i think in the end, in my head at least, i chose the option that id rather nobody we injured. ive had some pretty nice injuries, and they are no fun. the rehab is always the worst. Plus, most of us here are working men, and if we are injured its difficult to work, rehab and be a good family man/woman. so, i think, well i dont want anyone to be injured: friend or foe

Would I get Gisele for the year?

If so Ill take a torn ACL, MCL, CCL, KCL... every damn CL in the book!

For Gisele...I'd donate my right testicle for research.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday