PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you think the Pats would've performed against Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had a healthy Gronkowski the game is almost identical to the Carolina game-- feel, pace, gameplan (a final drive scenario).

If we don't have a healthy Gronkowski the game is almost identical to the Denver game two weeks ago. We don't make the mistakes Denver did last night, and hold on for a slow death losing 31-20.

id like to think brady would have put up at least 17 points.

Why would you think that when they couldn't even put up 17 against the team that Seattle just *****made last night?

A roster full of healthy New England players would have been an interesting proposition. The roster as it stood against Denver, would have been blown out by the Seahawks.

I cower to think what Mebane, Bryant and co. would have done to Wendell when lined up over the A gaps.

A roster full of healthy New England players would have been an interesting proposition. The roster as it stood against Denver, would have been blown out by the Seahawks.

I cower to think what Mebane, Bryant and co. would have done to Wendell when lined up over the A gaps.

Brady would have cowered too....frequently :)

We wouldn't have won, but we would have made it interesting FAR longer than 10 minutes into the game.

Any given Sunday. We would have had to play a damn near perfect game but it could have been done. Would I expect to win? No, but with how battle tested this team is, shorten the game keep it close and anything can happen.

Why would you think that when they couldn't even put up 17 against the team that Seattle just *****made last night?

Because by that logic we should be superior to both Denver and Seattle since they both lost to Indianapolis and we creamed them.

You can't look at it that way.

It would be closer, but the Patriots lose by two scores - They would not give up after the kick return.

We would have scored more than eight, but I don't think we would have won. I think the score would have been something like 30-17 Hawks.

Brady would have cowered too....frequently :)
Unfortunately I believe that would be the case manx. The Patriots OL seems to have trouble with outstanding defensive lines at times. Without Gronk, who IMO is the biggest mismatch creator in the NFL, they would have been hammered by the Seattle D.

That was as good a defensive performance as I have seen in some time from the Seahawks.

It depends on how well Silaga would have held up against the run.

Because by that logic we should be superior to both Denver and Seattle since they both lost to Indianapolis and we creamed them.

You can't look at it that way.

Sure you can since that was a different Colts team with Reggie Wayne. Denver has a much worse defense than Seattle (who may have one of the better defenses in the last decade) and we couldn't even put 17 on them. Forget about what Seattle would have done to the passing game and Brady as Wendell probably would have been on his back, looking up at #12 getting crushed by the guy that he just got bulldozed by.

Unfortunately I believe that would be the case manx. The Patriots OL seems to have trouble with outstanding defensive lines at times. Without Gronk, who IMO is the biggest mismatch creator in the NFL, they would have been hammered by the Seattle D.

That was as good a defensive performance as I have seen in some time from the Seahawks.

I agree, they emasculated the Broncos. For all the talk about the secondary and the DL, rightfully, it was the speed overall and of the linebackers that impressed me. It is one of the key differences between them and us.

Seattle would have covered our receivers one on one all day and swarmed the line.

It is hard to say because what game plan would Seattle use? Would the Pats have made the same kicking mistake and given Seattle the kick return TD?

Even with a complete team, I think that Seattle was a better team last night. It would be instructive to discuss why we think that even with Gronk and Vollmer, this offense is good enough to score 17 on Seattle. IMHO, to think that we would have scored 17 last night is the height of homerism (but that's fine).

Nobody believes Brady would of been humiliated and made to cry uncle half way through the game like Peyton did, and anyone who does is just trolling.

/thread

It's why people stay tuned into games when the Patriots are down, say, 24 at the half, like against Denver. It's because it's probably going to turn into the NFL game of the year, like it did against the 49'ers.

Like Steven A Smith said, Peyton got reduced to "midget size."

Brady may have lost, but he isn't going out like that. He almost had his back snapped in half trying to score on Ray Lewis when it was getting tough.

Would never happen. You have to kill Brady to destroy him, and that's illegal.

Title of this thread fail because it asks a question it should assert in an answer.

What was the score when Peyton realized the inevitable? 29-0?

Yes, Brady would have tried harder at that point. I would expect that some of his throws would have gone for interceptions. Why wouldn't that happen when he was playing from behind against the best secondary in years?

Nobody believes Brady would of been humiliated and made to cry uncle half way through the game like Peyton did, and anyone who does is just trolling.

/thread

It's why people stay tuned into games when the Patriots are down, say, 24 at the half, like against Denver. It's because it's probably going to turn into the NFL game of the year, like it did against the 49'ers.

Like Steven A Smith said, Peyton got reduced to "midget size."

Brady may have lost, but he isn't going out like that. He almost had his back snapped in half trying to score on Ray Lewis when it was getting tough.

Would never happen. You have to kill Brady to destroy him, and that's illegal.

Title of this thread fail because it asks a question it should assert in an answer.

I think NE still loses, by 17-21 points. So I figure 27-10 or 31-10 win for Seattle.

(I think NE scores 10 because I don't think they'd have the turnovers and with the extra possessions would have picked up one more score than Denver did).

Not sure we would have even managed those 8 points to be honest. Seattle wouldn't have scored in the 40's either though.

I dunno, man. The Pats looked pretty unprepared/listless when they played Denver a couple of weeks ago.

I agree. I have had 2 children since a Patriots team came in well-prepared to play against a worthy opponent. The Patriots have looked unprepared in both of the last 2 AFCCG...and the final scores don't seem to do just to the complete dismantling the 2012 and 2013 Pats endured.
2011 was a fluky win at home vs. Baltimore.
2010 was an gutless loss to an archrival at home.
2009 we were still hitting snooze and the game was over in the 1st Quarter.

To answer the original question: I think the final score would have been closer...but we'd have gotten destroyed and embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents