PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do YOU see Richard Seymour in the near future?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How do YOU feel about Richard Seymour's productivity?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think we'll see a difference with a healthy Seymour starting over Mike Wright from last year.

This same thread has been reincarnated about 20 times in the past year, first of all there seems to be a select few who want to judge what he does by stats... however in this D his role is create opportunities for the LB's to make plays, he was recovering from a pretty significant injury and most say it takes a year to recover from it.. would rather see a 75% Seymour than most others at his position, Also think Ty Warren was not as effective last year as Seymour was not as healthy.. when healthy Seymour will always attract a double team and will make everyone better.

There was much hand-wringing about whether to extend or trade Seymour when he held out 2 yrs ago. IMO, his recent injury situation was predictable, based on Mawae's cut block and Dillon's inadvertent injury. With 2 incident's to the same knee, it was bound to become a target, and BB's holding Sey out of the Denver game reinforced my opinion at the time. Sey himself has said that he is looking forward to establishing a base in this off-season, something he has been unable to do the last 2 yrs. While not predicting results, he is looking forward to entering TC not being behind in his conditioning and strength level. If all goes well, Sey will no doubt be as good or better than he was prior to injury, technique-wise. Obviously, explosion and quickness will remain to be seen.

I picked the last one. I don't think he's lost the fire, and I don't think he signed the big contract and went to sleep, but I do think injuries have robbed him of his dominating effectiveness. I don't think he'll ever be the same, unfortunately for him, and for us.

I hope he is back and better than ever. If he is I'm sure he will dominate the line.

"I just don't know."

Yeah, from what I've read of your posts, that pretty much sums it up.

That was a nice, little flame.

Anyhoo, I would love to see the Richard Seymour of old back and dominating the defensive line like he used to. Thing is, I'm not sure if we're EVER going to get the old Richard Seymour back. The guy is tough and has played through some catastophic injuries. He has all my respect for that, but it is evident that those same injuries have slowed him down the past couple of seasons. I don't see any reason for that to change this year, unfortunately.

I personally will give him the benefit of a doubt instead of thinking he has been mediocre since his new contract. Still, this is the last year for the injury excuse.

I expect Seymour to return to form and have his best season since 2003. His renewed commitment to the offseason program is a great sign.

Last edited:
Seymour got injured start of the season before last and has been recovering the last season.He will be back.

people forget he has never attended voluntary session and used to train in south carolina. He is here in the facility training .i expect a monster system,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back