PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How cold did you guys say it was going to be game day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skipped right over the post about the Chargers giving up more points than the Pats this year and having a lower ranked D, huh?

Look, last year before the game in San Diego, this board was invaded by Chargers fans telling us that the Pats would get crushed. Then the Chargers lost.

For months leading up to the start of this season, all we heard was that the Chargers were going to get their revenge for that loss and pound the Patriots on thier own field. Then the Chargers got smoked.

So, here we go again. Seems you folks just haven't learned your lesson and we're hearing the same smack all over again. Maybe you should all just keep quiet until you actually have something to brag about.

Now, back to the higher ranked Pats D not winning any games for them. Seems you weren't paying much attention to their games this season, but go and ask the Colts, Ravens, Eagles and Giants how they feel about the Pats D that stepped up and shut them down at the end of games.

That's all you need to know.

ok folks you think the chargers defense plays soft
you will be in for a surprise. best i can remeber we have put some of the
biggest sacks on brady that anyone has ever seen.

Last edited:
Trolls like you are getting old. Every week trolls from the other teams come here and spout the same dribble as you. Each week they go home with their tails between their legs. This included the Chargers. What are you trying to prove?

best i can remeber we have put some of the

hard to believe you even watch football

San Diego has accounted for a miniscule number of Brady's career sack total, and to my recollection, not a single one stands out in memory--certainly not in comparison to what Aaron Schobel and Jason Taylor have done.

I know you think you're riling us up, but your efforts to incite us are really weak. How can you possibly feel this confident about a game in which your team is likely going to be missing their 3 top offensive skill position starters?

good grief

Hey RobinSD!

Welcome for the week! First, congratulations! Your team definitely deserved to get out of Indy. The league would have been ill-served if SD lost that game due to what has become a ridiculous NFL officiating year! I hope this weeks game has no controversial calls - let the better team win on Sunday! I hope there is no crap to talk about on Monday except how one team beat another.

It's interesting that you brought up the weather because it is something I was thinking about this afternoon.

Maybe some SD fans may believe the weather will somehow help them because they have 2 good backs etc... So let's take a look at the pro's and con's of the cold and wind and the current situation of both teams:

a.) a 10mph wind is something, but not likely to have much affect on short passes. The QB with the stronger arm, tighter spiral will probably not be affected on short to intermediate routes. Advantage to Brady here with more experience and the tighter - harder thrown balls.

b.) Deep passes will be tough to be accurate on. If either of the QB's doesn't drill the ball, and floats his deep ball, then they'll be more likely to be picked / broken up.

Understanding the wind (particularly how it moves into the stadium near the lighthouse end of the stadium) could prove important. I'm not an expert on Rivers, but I believe Brady has the stonger arm down field & Rivers has more of a tendency to loft the ball a bit more? Maybe you agree, maybe you disagree.

c.) It's more difficult to get loose and warm under cold conditions, more so when you are injured. SD looks to have more injuries to key players heading into the game, this could play a role in Gates, LT or Rivers being less mobile than normal. If LT and Turner were both healthy, you could argue that they would give the Chargers an advantage under these conditions.

I see Turner as being a factor to worry about, LT less so with the knee injury. The knee injury will most likely be magnified under the weather conditions. Let's face it, it's tough for a lateral / shifty runner like LT to have knee tissue softened up and get back to being himself in a week, never-mind doing that under the cold conditions he'll face on Sunday. BTW - Turner is a really nice back to have had. He's going to make some team very happy next year!

Now, I see all of those as minor edge's that go the Pat's way. It would not surprise me if SD is able to overcome 1 or 2 of those. What I do see as the biggest advantage for NE in the weather is the following:

d.) In SD, the receivers can not simulate the type of cold the NE receivers will be able to simulate this week (and have during the last several weeks of recent practice.) I'm sure SD will get out there on Saturday and try to get acclimated, but it's not like those type of conditions can feel remotely normal to the Chargers (despite whatever colleges the SD players went to.)

If Rivers, LT and Gates were all 100%, I think there could be an argument for it helping SD. However, under these conditions - it's going to be tough on the skill players even if they didn't have injuries.

So, here's my opinion - weather advantage (if any) goes to NE. However, that's not why we play the games!

dave

Last edited:
So, here's my opinion - weather advantage (if any) goes to NE.

dave
That's exactly why winning home field throughout the playoffs is sooooo important.

Sleeping in your own bed and driving your own car to practices. Eating home cooked meals and relaxing in your own TV room. No three cross country flights in a week, and no banged up players trying like hell to get therapy, practice, and game-planning all squeezed into a short week after a very physical and emotional playoff game.

Playing on the road is bad enough, but the rigors the Chargers have to go through this week will no doubt test whatever needs to be tested on their team. Add that to playing in Foxboro in the middle of January in 16 degree weather....brrr.......:eek:

Robin, you are sounding very much like the many other ethnocentric blonde babes who inhabit this part of so. Cal.....nice looking, but a couple tacos short of a combo plate.

LOL Actually that sums up the entire fan base in a nutshell. And i know this not just from their infrequent visits here, but because we had one marry into the family... Couldn't get a rise out of her at halftime in September up by 24 because she confidently predicted her team is awesome in the second half. ;)

Never heard back from her when the game was over.

Last time I talked to her they were battling a December SD cold snap. Temps had dropped into the mid 40's :eek:.

I sent her poor kids cold weather gear for Christmas...

Yeah...and wasn't the score of that game 38-14 in favor of the Patriots?

how cold did you guys say it was going to be game day?

One other point. The Patriots will be practicing this week in weather that will be 30 degrees F colder, than that practiced in by the Chargers. I like that.

Little OT here but I have to know is it Rob in San Diego or Robin San Diego?

Hey there RobinSanDiego. Welcome to PatsFans. Certainly, SD has a terrific team, or they would not be here. Keep in mind though that all we heard last week is that you could not run on Jax, so don't even try. Then Maroney rushes for 122 yards at 5.5 yards per. Also, LT hyperextended his knee, and that can't be the best news.

I see a very talented SD team. I also see (no disrespect intended) a very, very immature team. Rivers, and Igor, and Phillips, and RoidMan, are immature, to say it in a nice way. That seldom equates to winning a big game.

I'm not trash talking. I am just stating what I see. As for the wind. That ain't windy. That wind is nothing for Brady who throws in it all the time. That wind could be an issue with a San Diego QB.

Good luck to your team, but not too much. :)

the immature part is funny because I know its true
but it is weird because NORV is soooo mellow, to me he is too mellow
must come from Rivers. most of the time they win on just pure talent
despite this. thats why they beat Indy with their second string team.

I am more worried about the 9 degree weather than the Patriots.
ITS BEEN 73 HERE ALL WEEK

73-9 = 64 THATS A HUGE DROP IN TEMP !

THAT IS JUST NUTS!

YOU GUYS LIKE TO GO TO A GAME AND FREEZE YOUR BALLS OFF?????

NOW I KNOW WHY YOU GUYS HAVE GOOD TEAM - WHO THE HELL WOULD SIT
IN 9 DEGREE WEATHER AND WATCH A POOR TEAM???

Last edited:

you're close.
actually, san diego DOES have some of the biggest sacks anyone has ever seen on their team.

Beer-freezes-in-your-bottle cold.

so if it is very windy wont this turn into a running game???

hard to get off a pass in a very strong wind

Think we'll see the Patriots dink and dunk up and down the field all game long much like they did against Jville. That'll eliminate much of the wind concerns and it'll keep that very good Charger pass rush pretty frustrated.
I do expect a good game. The Chargers have definite maturity issues but they have quality playmakers on both sides of the ball.

I am more worried about the 9 degree weather than the Patriots.
ITS BEEN 73 HERE ALL WEEK

73-9 = 64 THATS A HUGE DROP IN TEMP !

NOW I KNOW WHY YOU GUYS HAVE GOOD TEAM - WHO THE HELL WOULD SIT
IN 9 DEGREE WEATHER AND WATCH A POOR TEAM???

rob after the Charger/Patriot game check out the game in Green Bay.
It's supposed to be 0 at the start of that game with a windchill at -20.
That'll make our New England weather downright San Diego like in comparison. :D
Btw love your city. Just can't beat the weather. Have relatives who used to live up the road in OC. Now they're desert dwellers in AZ. It's a different world out west. A nice world but very very different from rustic traditional New England .

did any of you guys watch that 2nd gb/chi game?

it was brutal here.
pretty brutal game, too........
of course, I think the wind was much worse than it will be this weekend.

Last edited:
robinsandiego: It will be as cold as that day I had to heat the snow to get the snowblower to work.

snowblower.jpg

So cold that when you pee, it freezes before it hits the ground.

So cold that not only can you see your breath you can't see through it

So cold that the polar bear at the zoo goes inside

(anybody got some more)

family guy is a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes