PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How bad was the holding penalty by Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you hear? The former official, now talking head, opined on a Boston radio show that the hold, while technically correct, should not have been called. Therefore, the call was wrong. Got it?

that's cute...just some former official...and now he has no credibility because he's a "talking head" with an agenda and his opinion holds no merit.Why not just come out and say it?

Myself, I tend to listen to the opinion of a former NFL ref over that of a media member or message board participant...but when that "former ref" is THIS person, I think I'd stay away from throwing rocks at HIS opinion.

Mike Pereira is a former Vice President of Officiating (formerly Senior Director of Officiating) for the National Football League (NFL). He first took over the position in 2001, succeeding Jerry Seeman.

I think Vice President of Officiating is a pretty big step up from "some ref"...something about "some ref"'s job performance being dissected, judged and evaluated by THE VICE PRESIDENT OF NFL OFFICIATING gives me this impression.

tl;dr?

I accept your response as an admission that you have nothing constructive to add to the disccussion . . . you are proof positive of the people who refuse to understand, complain and don't want to provide an alternative solution to the situation they whine about . . . thanks for playing tho . . .

Didn't you hear? The former official, now talking head, opined on a Boston radio show that the hold, while technically correct, should not have been called. Therefore, the call was wrong. Got it?

Look, we've all seen it. He didn't hold for a long time, but he held and the way Rhodes reacted, it looked like he was being prevented from reaching for Woodhead by Gronk's right arm on his shoulder pad. Some here think that officials should use their judgment on these calls, but only if their judgment is agreeable to those particular persons. I, for one, give up, but thanks for posting this.

If AZ had won the game on a hold like that this place would be going ballistic.

But its OK if Pats player gets away with it.

BTW, Brady should have been called for Intentional Grounding, but got way with one there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST