PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about the secondary?

And how many balls did the jets drop?

And how many wide open receivers were missed?

The jets easily could have done much better. But then, they were missing a receiver and they have one of the very worst offenses in the NFL.

Unfortunately I agree, even though the secondary did look better than usual. The Jets bailed us out quite a bit last night and a competent QB/WR corp could have probably put up 20+ easily. We still have the potential but to be honest we are very lucky to have played against two below average QB's thus far or could very well be 0-2. Also, Dennard/Talib have luckily stayed healthy - the problem last year was when one would go down and while yes, every team takes a hit going from starter to backup but we still have yet to see if one of them going down will open the floodgates once again on the scoreboard.

The defense played well but .... I'm just thankful a real QB wasn't out there last night.

The jets easily could have done much better. But then, they were missing a receiver and they have one of the very worst offenses in the NFL.

I agree with these points. Should have been a TD to Hill early and a crucial drive should have continued on a wide open slant. That being said, I'm more concerned about the linebackers in coverage. The CBs are going to give up some catches. That's the nature of the NFL. But the front 7 has to play better.

Really? Thats what you got?
The defense took the field 5 times with a 3 point lead and gave nothing in the last 20 minutes of the game. Of course the offense supported them with 3 first downs to keep them off the field, so why should they get credit.:rolleyes:

They are improving. Yeah they havent faced any HOF QBs yet but unlike last year wathcing on TV when the QB lets it go I used to shudder and not expect to even see a Patriot DB in the on the screen (when they shifted the camera) even close to a WR.

I love Denard he is like a blanket at times. Talib is also tight, make no mistake they will get beat but more ofthen then not they are at least in the vicinity to make a play. Arrington has started off the season playing very high level.

Even Gregory and McCourty didnt piss me off as much as usual.

Really? Thats what you got?
The defense took the field 5 times with a 3 point lead and gave nothing in the last 20 minutes of the game. Of course the offense supported them with 3 first downs to keep them off the field, so why should they get credit.:rolleyes:

I agree, the pressure was put on the D because the offense was so bad. Did the game really end with 17 punts? or was it more? Terrible.

I will believe more in the defense and offense after the Falcons, Bengals and Saints. Right now I don't know how they will score with the Falcons and Saints or stop them, the Bengals should be a bloodbath.

Finding a way to win is a good thing, lets see where it leads,

If you actually think this secondary is going to do didley squat when we play Denver or San Francisco, than you need to have you're head checked.

I'm not sure where or to whom all the salary cap money is going too but if Mr.Kraft had spent a bit more on some great corners or safeties 5 years ago they would have won an extra 1 or 2 superbowls.

The secondary has been mickey mouses since 2008.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back