PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

how about no huddle all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsgo

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
it seems they move the ball the best when they do this, other teams have been doing it to the patriots, jets, dolphins, lions, i couldnt believe they didnt try it in miami to change the pace. Mc daniels needs to get creative, what do they have to loosr put the ball in Brady's hands

it seems they move the ball the best when they do this, other teams have been doing it to the patriots, jets, dolphins, lions, i couldnt believe they didnt try it in miami to change the pace. Mc daniels needs to get creative, what do they have to loosr put the ball in Brady's hands

No Huddle is fine sometimes, as long as the chains are moving and the time is running. Too many 3-and-outs, and our old, slow, injury-prone defense will collapse in the 4th quarter. And our old, weak, limp-ankled punter will collapse in the 2nd quarter.

No huddle is fine once and a while, but as a game plan, leaves Brady very vulnerable and he could get maimed back there. There is no one thing that works all the time best to use it as a change of pace.

hes getting killed back there now, the key is to keep the defense from adjusting, just look at their sucess when they use it, the offense as it is, is doing a lot of 3 and outs so it would only improve, also we dont even use it to change the pace, Brady always runs it to perfection, its worth trying it because they arent getting the job done now

I think the no huddle works because the other team is surprised by it, and it will work if the Pats are able to 'trap' a run oriented defensive package on the field because then they're more likely to succeed passing. But that won't ever happen if they do it all the time. The other team will expect it and will stick with more general defenses that are effective against both the pass and the run. Maybe they should use it more often; but certainly not always.

gets to the fundamental question: who are we on offense?

i know we like to be versatile, but every team needs a core game to rely on. are we a running team, are we a dink and dunk team, are we a west coast team?

(i dont think we have established anythinig this year that would qualify.)

it seems that we want to be a running team, but are not good enough. hence we continue to waste positions trying to establish the run.

i would like to see much more 5 wide, even no huddle. the problem is we dont have enough receivers left!! :confused:

ive been preaching the no huddle for a bunch of weeks now. Of course not all the time use the no huddle, but at times when we need to, when we need to wake up and change the pace of the game. I would love to see the pats open the game with the no huddle on there opening drive this after noon. Our no huddle is very effective, and even posted a thread about the pats not using the no huddle against miami. It would of been worth a try, nothing else was working.

The Pats do use the no huddle more than people give them credit for, but you cannot use it as a gameplan. Even when this offense was under Weis, Belichick said that he would never employ the no huddle full time or close to full time.

We just don't have the personnel to run the no huddle. The only WR we have on the field who could probably stay on the field ofr every play is Caldwell. Brown would get burnt out too quickly and other WRs haven't shown any consistency.

Plus many of the WRs barely know the plays when they are called in the huddle. Now you are going to ask them to know the audible call for these when Brady calls them on the line. Either they will need to limit no huddle plays to a small hadful or you will have confused players. A guy like Peyton Manning can do this because most of his offense have been playing together for years and know the playbook backwards and forward.

As much as my good freind NEM would love it, we don't have the talent or the number of QBs necessary to run it full time. . I don't think Cassel or Testaverde are equipped to fill in while Brady is on IR.

If you do you might as well save some salary and cut LM and Cory Dillon, as they would be useless. Faulk would still be valuable though. Say wasn't that the lineup we used in Denver in the playoff last year?

I don't recall it working too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes