PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about Dane Fletcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
6'1, 245 at his Pro Day... and I'd guess he's continued to bulk up a tad. 4.61 speed too.

Thanks. I thought he looked heavier than 237, but not as tall as Cunningham or even TBC.

Crable, Fletcher earn 3rd practice honor - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
Every week following a victory, Patriots coaches award black jerseys to the practice players of the week, those deemed to have best prepared the squad in the prior week's practices.

Third-year outside linebacker Shawn Crable and rookie inside linebacker Dane Fletcher "lead" the team in this category. Both have received honors three times. They are two of the seven players to wear black jerseys this week.

I was surprised to see him in the 4th and OT but he's obviously earned the trust of the coaches and played like it. He made some really nice plays and could be another undrafted gem.

Patriots' Undrafted Rookie Dane Fletcher Gaining Confidence of Coaches, Teammates - New England Patriots - NESN.com

In Week 4 in Miami, Fletcher was active for the first time, but the majority of his snaps came on special teams, save for a handful of late-game defensive reps as the Patriots closed out a 41-14 victory.

But Sunday against the Ravens, Fletcher made his most significant impact on defense. He was added to a third-down package in the second half that included three down linemen, three linebackers and five defensive backs.

Then, during the Patriots' final defensive series of the fourth quarter, Fletcher stopped shifty Ravens running back Ray Rice over the middle of the field, a tackle -- Fletcher's lone stop of the season -- that saved Rice from running wild and potentially setting up the Ravens for a game-winning score.

"It's a great opportunity when they throw a package together and tell me to get in there and do your job," Fletcher said. "I feel like I did a pretty good job. I just hope they keep that in mind in the future."

Fletcher, who played defensive end at Montana State, knew he had been closing in on some legitimate game action, so he was proud to come through in a key situation. Already this season, Fletcher has seen young guys like cornerback Kyle Arrington, linebacker Jermaine Cunningham and running back Danny Woodhead come through and turn smaller roles into bigger ones, so Fletcher has noticed the blueprint and has something tangible to build from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3