PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Holley: "Patriots aren't Merriman people..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't undestand wey there are so many people that don't want to see marriman, play for the pats

is there any reason to believe that BB will draft a OLB in the first round when none of them have the size he looks for. and if he dose. can that rookie pick up BB system fast a nuff to make a impact in he's first year.

do we realy want to go in to 2010 with TBC as are best pass rusher. with Darius Butler, as the pats #1 CB and Jonathan Wilhite, as the #2 CB. cause i can't see the pats paying top doller for Leigh Bodden, when 3 of hes five INT's were 3 of the worst thrown balls in NFL history by Mark Sanchez, and denver showed he's not a #1 corner when they throw he's way 11 times for over 200 yerds. so i can't see the pats paying him like he's a #1 corner when he is not.

this team needs pass rush now they can't wait for a rookie. every player in the draft is a big ? no one realy knows who will be good and who fits what system. so why not take a shot on a guy that had 40 sacks in he's first 3 years.

i can't undestand wey there are so many people that don't want to see merriman, play for the pats

You can't give him huge dollars. I know he had a pretty severe knee injury in 08 injury and maybe last season was his rebound year but to give him $30m in guarantees is not smart business.

is there any reason to believe that BB will draft a OLB in the first round when none of them have the size he looks for. and if he dose. can that rookie pick up BB system fast a nuff to make a impact in he's first year.

History shows none. After the 1st round he has drafted for the position. For FA BB has spent resources on the OLB spot.

do we realy want to go in to 2010 with TBC as are best pass rusher. with Darius Butler, as the pats #1 CB and Jonathan Wilhite, as the #2 CB. cause i can't see the pats paying top doller for Leigh Bodden, when 3 of hes five INT's were 3 of the worst thrown balls in NFL history by Mark Sanchez, and denver showed he's not a #1 corner when they throw he's way 11 times for over 200 yerds. so i can't see the pats paying him like he's a #1 corner when he is not.

I'd like to see them keep Bodden. Maybe Foxworth money gets it done.

this team needs pass rush now they can't wait for a rookie. every player in the draft is a big ? no one realy knows who will be good and who fits what system. so why not take a shot on a guy that had 40 sacks in he's first 3 years.

Taking a shot, I agree with. Expending big-time dollars and high draft picks as compensation for Merriman I don't.

Last edited:
i can't undestand wey there are so many people that don't want to see marriman, play for the pats

TBC may very well be a better pass rusher than Shawne Merriman anyways. It's hard to project how Merriman will do this year, coming off of his knee surgery, but even when he was healthy he was awfully one-dimensional. If Belichick wanted a guy who could rush the passer and do nothing else, he could get that in the draft (and, for the record, I think he should). It's getting guys who will also set the edge and cover that gives us trouble.

Im kinda tired of hearing this guy isnt a patriots type player, or this guy doesnt stand for the patriot way. If BB thinks the guy could play at high level then who cares of hes a patriot type player or not. Was Moss a patriots type player before he came to the team, doesnt seem like it. Was BM a patriots type player stompin on people, nope. Both have worked out pretty well though imo, especially Moss.

Thats my rant for the day its late im tired and still have homework to finish, let me have my moment of *****in.

LIGHTS OUT for Merriman.

It the Pats did sign Merriman and were playing the Jets it would be kind of cool to have Jim Ross be the announcer if Tia Tequlia showed up in stands. I could only image Jim Ross screaming "Oh my god it's Tia Tequlia in the stands, who side is she on.!!!!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes