Welcome to PatsFans.com

Holes for 2007

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, Jun 10, 2006.

1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224 / 17 / -2

bb always builds for the future. I beleive, as of now, we are in better shape for 2007 than 2006. In 2006, we still need a corner and receiver/returner. But it is still early, months before Game One.

RECEIVERS
    It seems that the greatest 2007 major challenge is at wide receiver. We have Jackson and Caldwell, a good start. Extending or repacing Branch is the challenge.

LINEBACKERS
    bb will decide whether we need more stud help.

CORNER
    We need one more, but this position will be fine.
  2. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I know you are looking ahead...and that is pretty true..I would hope some of the younger receivers might step up OR a FA..but you are right..Branch's re- signing is very important.
  3. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Is this another cheerleader thread?

(sorry)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2005
  4. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i would say same like you but add Safety

WRs: 2 young WRs locked up..idk how long Caldwells contract is .. but we also need to resign Branch

CB: Samuel is an FA..Warfield and Scott are getting older...Scott is on a 1 yr contract i believe right? or 2?

Safety: We need a guy to replace Rodney eventually...theres a big market for FA..Sanders can get the spot but hes going to have to work hard to get where Milloy and Harrison are

LB: Beisel and Colvin will be around for longer..that is if Beisel plays good. Bruschi and Vrabel are a older..get some future guys that will have a good chance of taking over
  5. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +418 / 5 / -6

#75 Jersey

I was certain that was a thread killer.:D
  6. drpatriot

drpatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The FA list at safety looks amazing next year, with Ed Reed at the front lines. I just don't see the next Harrison coming from within, and if you ask me it will be Artrell Hawkins who replaces Harrison if we don't pick up any FAs.
  7. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Ed Reed is, IMO, one of the few guys that BB would break the bank for. I don't buy into the "we don't pay for FA's" angle - considered Gospel in NFL circles. Colvin is just one example, #37 is another. But I think he'd shell out A LOT to get Ed Reed. I also think there's no way in Hell Baltimore doesn't re-sign or Franchise him.
  8. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Next years FA Safeties:
    Brian Dawkins
    Ed Reed
    Michael Lewis
    Tony Parrish
    Gibril Wilson

those are just a few names i remember

I would take any..Wilson is a rising star..Lewis looked a little lost last year

Clements is a FA again next year as a CB..will ask for money but im sure hes leaving..they signed him to a 1 yr deal..and what they did with Antoine Winfield..brought in Clements..let Winfield go..and let Clements develope.

This year..let Yobouty watch..learn..next year start possibly
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2006