Welcome to PatsFans.com

High Praise for Welker

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by zippo59, Jun 8, 2007.

1. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

http://officialnewenglandpatriots.wordpress.com/page/5/

I was as skeptical as anyone about the Welker trade, but reading this stuff even I am getting excited. He is getting raving reviews from Casale, but we all know what some people around here think of him. But I think it is something worth posting.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  2. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

All I needed to hear was Harrison saying they couldn't cover him with a single guy, and that he was a pain in the *****
  3. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

He's the only smurf. The rest of the receivers are 6-0' and over.

Long live the Smurfs!
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I always feared Welker...and he always found a way to burn the Pats..plus I LOVE his versatility...from being a return guy to a spare kicker...Just FINE with me!!!!
  5. Fantasic4x50x54x59x55

Fantasic4x50x54x59x55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not surprising. He is Da man.
  6. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

The Pats FO showing AGAIN that they are smarter than almost everyone else. Hopefully all this positive praise for Welker will continue throughout the season.

Love this signing more and more everyday. I think this is the second best signing this offseason, first was AD.
  7. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yep! Very versatile player-I know a lot of people were surprised at us giving a 2nd rounder for him but in this system I think he's going to develop even more. One of the best things about the Pats seems to be how they jockey plays and positions in order to get the highest and best use out of each player .Can't wait to see what he does here.
  8. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Darned latecomers....the next party is July 27th, you'll are too late to buy a a seat on the Wes Welker bandwagon for mini-camp.
  9. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Wes Welker is the visual explanation to the importance of QUICKNESS vs size in a receiver. It's surprising that even after seeing the play of Troy and Branch all these yrs, people still get hung up on the "smurfs" syndrome!

There's an interesting quote from Watson in the Herald today about how much he's learning about "getting open" this preseason, from some of the vet WR's. (I suspect some Wes influence here) Since Watson was so blanketed last season, it's exciting to contemplate what this year will bring for Ben, with the combination of last yrs experience and having WR's that may need dbl coverage!
  10. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just the fact we gave up a 2nd rounder to get him told me something. He's been a Pats Killer for quite sometime,and when they want someone that much,you know there's something really good there.
  11. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1005429
  12. foxborofan

foxborofan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All I know is the guy gets open, makes tough catches and is tough as nails. Like Tim Dwight, may be not as fast, but has more overall talent and might be even tougher.

I think he is going tp have a lot of fans here in new England, a place that loves hard working, tough, blue collar heroes.

foxborofan
  13. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

14. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 3 / -1

Listening to what TB's been saying, it's clear that he isn't making any difference at this point among welker, gaffney, caldwell, stallworth and moss. Each one is going to have to show him and BB what they can add to the offense and how they're going to fit in.

There are no guarantees of stature or preference until someone has earned it, ala Deion.

If Moss and Stallworth bring out the best in these other guys who are tired of reading all the press about the two "big names," then all the better for the team.
  15. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

You just type in the web address. Or you can cut and paste it. This site automatically creates the link for you. Doesn't get much easier than that.
  16. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +610 / 11 / -6

Tim Dwight has a history of freak injuries (punctured lung, anyone?), averaging four missed games a season, with only two 16-game seasons; Welker has missed a total of one game in three seasons.
  17. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -0

I, for one, am very surprised at all the press Welker has been getting.
  18. Dagg

Dagg Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Considering Welker really only caught passes last year, I would say the experience/tips are definatley from Moss and Stallworth and not Welker.
  19. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I loved the trade then and I love it now.

This guy is all the things we loved about Troy Brown, at least at this tender young point in his career. ;)

This was easily one of my favorite off season moves.

To have a guy that is really good in the 10 yard range at just making catches and not slacking off is every bit as important as having the guys that stretch the field.....it all works in unison.

Welker was by far the most fun guy to watch on the Miami offense, I even remember him doing kick-offs or something crazy like that in Foxboro a couple years ago when Wanny was still head coach.

What a Belichick type dude!
  20. Dirtywater

Dirtywater Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last season, IMHO, we were desperate for a player like Welker. Just a hard-nosed, energetic player who is willing to pay the price through the middle, and create headaches for opposing defenses.

Assuming Moss and Stallworth make the team (hey, nothing is set in stone), I think Welker and Maroney will both benefit.

I seriously can not wait the entire summer for the season to start. Oh the possibilities!