PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hermida to Sox wtf?

He's cheap insurance for the Jason Bay / Matt Holiday situation. It strengthens Theo's hand in not overpaying. At worst, he replaces Baldelli who needs to be replaced. At best he's a 25/26 year old player who just may benefit from playing in our lineup and Fenway. For 2+ million I think it was a good deal though I kind of liked Alvarez. Perhaps there was no room for him to advance here?

Theo loves hitters with high BB/Ks, and Hermida had a 264/314 ratio in the minors. Moreover, his BB/K in the majors has been going up even while other stats have stagnated.

Hermida is young. He plays an above average left and right field. He has a decent bat (too bad he's a lefty) with some pop. He does strike out quite alot but like I said he's young and there's room to improve. Probably the end for Rocco but I wonder what they do about a Right hand bat off the bench.

Good be good move, we are really stacking up so/so outfielders, we have duncan, hermida, the guy we got from the white sox

Last edited:
bump. Can't stand seeing "congrats Yankmess" any more.

Typical Sox

Hes a young player who clearly has potential, costs nothing, and has no downside. At worst, hes an ok 4th outfielder. If he figures it out, hes a star.

Now, we'll see if Francona will actually let him play, or if he'll get the Carlos Pena treatment, and be stuck behind the rotting corps of Mark Loretta/whoever.

Solid guy. young, fairly cheap, and can play the corner outfield spots. With the uncertainty of Bay, and the 20+ games Drew usually sits, Hermida is a nice pick up. Good move. You're going to see a lot of moves like this before teams have to tender contracts to players. The economic situation is going to put a lot of decent players out on the market. Teams with some coin to spare, will have the option of picking them up for a middling prospect. Teahan is an example of this, as he went to the Whitesox.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back