PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's Why Walker Didn't Want To Play For The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Fungi

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
no way in hell NEP offer that contract...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2437471

Updated: May 8, 2006, 4:14 PM ET
WR Walker close to new $40M deal with Broncos

By Michael Smith
ESPN.com

It took a while, but Javon Walker is finally about to see the money he thought he deserved.

The Broncos and agent Kennard McGuire are finalizing a five-year extension (set to kick in next year) worth about $40 million that includes $15 million in option bonuses, $10 million due in 2007 and the other $5 million due in '08. Walker will play out the final year of his rookie contract this year plus receive a $1 million roster bonus from the Broncos.
Walker will make close to $25 million in salary and bonuses over the first three years of the deal (2007-09), making him one of the highest-paid receivers in the game.

WOW! After one good year. Hope the Donks live to regret it.

it's suddenly become very clear why Favre felt the need to call out Walker in public last offseason.

This is why the Broncos have been and will remian a good but not great team. It is decisions like this that will keep them from the Superbowl and the elite level of the Patriots in todays NFL.

Flying Fungi said:

No you missed the most important part!

"Deep down I knew that [Denver] would be a perfect fit for me," Walker says. "That's what I've always wanted, to go into a game knowing that the ball club is trying to figure out a way to get the ball to Javon Walker."

MrTibbs said:
No you missed the most important part!

"Deep down I knew that [Denver] would be a perfect fit for me," Walker says. "That's what I've always wanted, to go into a game knowing that the ball club is trying to figure out a way to get the ball to Javon Walker."

When a player refers to himself in the third person that is a huge red flag that he is not a Patriot type player.

Like I said before, I think money had nothing to do with it. He never even came for a visit to discuss money. This is why he didn't want to play for the Patriots...

Receiving Statistics
NAME REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
Deion Branch 78 998 12.8 51 5 0 0
David Givens 59 738 12.5 40 2 0 0
Troy Brown 39 466 11.9 71 2 0 0
Ben Watson 29 441 15.2 35 4 1 1
Tim Dwight 19 332 17.5 59 3 0 0

And I bet

Mike Vrabel 3 5(?) 1.7(?) 2 3 0 0
Tom Ashworth 1 1 1.0 1 1 0 0

didn't help much, either. :D

Wow, now the Broncos have two idiot recievers, and with the drafting of Cutler, Snake won't be too happy either. This is going to be an interesting season. I can see it now... I have five bucks on Lelie and Walker getting into a fight before the 8th game

mavfan2390 said:
Wow, now the Broncos have two idiot recievers, and with the drafting of Cutler, Snake won't be too happy either. This is going to be an interesting season. I can see it now... I have five bucks on Lelie and Walker getting into a fight before the 8th game

From what I have heard here, the Broncos really don't care what Plummer thinks. The plan is to give him his walking papers next season anyway so if he wants to complain this season Cutler will get the start sooner than planned.

Walker is more of a fool than I thought..give the ball to ME..Lelie the same way..they are clueless to what it takes to win in the NFL...but I love things like that..the more clubs do the wrong thing, the better it is for the Patriots..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft