PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heartbreaking Pats Losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and the 2004 Steelers rolled the Pats in the regular season. How did that work out for them in the playoffs?

The 2005 Pats were not a very good team. Period. They lose to Pitt and I bet it's not that close. Moot point anyway since they weren't even good enough to beat Plummer's Broncos.
The important thing is, they played horribly in Denver. All of them, except maybe Watson.

If you play bad, you lose. No matter how good your players are.

I think you remembered it wrong. They never were on the Colts' side of the field. When they got the ball back they first got a 12-men penalty. Brady then completed two short passes to Caldwell and Watson to bring a 3rd and 4. On that play it looked like this:

OK, there was more time than I thought. Here is the play.

8:30, fourth quarter UNBELIEVABLE! Caldwell split wide right, totally uncovered! He calls for the ball at the sanp, Brady throws it to him … AND HE DROPS IT! WIDE OPEN he was!
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/01/21/live-soon-patriots-at-colts/?_r=0

Could have been 35 NE - Ind 28. Later there was a series where NE could have run the clock down @ 2:30 3rd - 4, but had to punt.

8:30, fourth quarter UNBELIEVABLE! Caldwell split wide right, totally uncovered! He calls for the ball at the sanp, Brady throws it to him … AND HE DROPS IT! WIDE OPEN he was!
The infamous Caldwell drop. Don't know if he'd made it into the EZ since Bethea realised it at the last moment and was storming towards him, but if he'd caught the ball and made Bethea miss it would've been a walk-in TD. Even if he'd been stopped by Bethea it would still have given the Patriots valuable yardage towards a 1st down (was a 1st and 15). They settled for a FG instead.

OK, there was more time than I thought. Here is the play.

Could have been 35 NE - Ind 28. Later there was a series where NE could have run the clock down @ 2:30 3rd - 4, but had to punt.
A frustrating, sad day.

These aren't the worst, but I thought I'd mention underrated ones:

Remember that week 2 game vs. Arizona in 2012? And then the Ravens game that came the week after that? Man I was in a bad mood for a while after those.
Look, man, any loss is a bad loss. No matter how you slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3