PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haynesworth cut. Is there too much defensive personnel turnover?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Too much defensive personnel turnover?

• Yes

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's good to change personnel like I change underwear ( like once a week almost :eek: )

I'll address the bolded if I may. BB the coach seems to be doing an OK job, BB the GM does not seem to be doing an OK job right now. Unless there is a master plan at play, I really cannot see what's going on (or a logical thought process with the composition of the defense in particular).
If the New England Patriots organization allocates all the 2012 NFL draft picks on defense, that would be the first step in the right direction.

Way too much turnover right now...not good IMO

CURRENT FRONT SEVEN COMPARED TO 2010
We added Ellis, Carter, and Anderson in place of Banta-Cain, Cohen and Moore. I don't see how this is a bad thing at all.

CORNERS
After cutting Bodden, we have Adams and Moulden instead of Butler and Wilhite. I'm not sure we are much worse off.

SAFETY
Obviously, we should have kept Sanders (or Meriweather or even Page) until we knew that both Barrett and Brown were productive.
============================

We added Ellis, Carter, and Anderson in place of Banta-Cain, Cohen and Moore. I don't see how this is a bad thing at all.

CORNERS
After cutting Bodden, we have Adams and Moulden instead of Butler and Wilhite. I'm not sure we are much worse off.

SAFETY
Obviously, we should have kept Sanders (or Meriweather or even Page) until we knew that both Barrett and Brown were productive.
============================

That's how I see it. Adams looked real good on one coverage, so so another time. He has soem innae ability IMO and considering what we saw of Butler and Wilhite, no great loss.

Safety's a beeyotch though, no one can cover.

It's a one year rental system that's not much of an upgrade, though.

CORNERS

Moulden and Adams are terrible.

If the New England Patriots organization allocates all the 2012 NFL draft picks on defense, that would be the first step in the right direction.
I've no idea what the draft class for 2012 looks like as my interesting in college football is only passing. Footballs Future provides a nice list of 2012 Free Agents. I'd start by looking at big receivers like Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe and Marques Colston first and then linebackers and defensive backs (an annoying little **** like Cortland Finnegan comes to mind).

If there's some true difference makers in the draft, the Pats are well placed to trade up for them. In reality, we all know what's going to happen come draft days anyway.

Last edited:
I've no idea what the draft class for 2012 looks like as my interesting in college football is only passing. Footballs Future provides a nice list of 2012 Free Agents.

If there's some true difference makers in the draft, the Pats are well placed to trade up for them. In reality, we all know what's going to happen come draft days anyway.
I'll take LaRon Landry since the safety position is a huge concern for the New England Patriots not only in the present but the future as well.

I'll take LaRon Landry since the safety position is a huge concern for the New England Patriots not only in the present but the future as well.

He's a pure strong safety. Completely redundant with Chung.

they are replaceing JAG's with ST's players thats why they are ranked 32th, befor the Haynesworth trade and the whole 4-3 thing i would have said they are a 3-4 DE and a OLB away from being a top defense now they really need does 15 picks they make ever year in the Draft

they are replaceing JAG's with ST's players thats why they are ranked 32th, befor the Haynesworth trade and the whole 4-3 thing i would have said they are a 3-4 DE and a OLB away from being a top defense now they really need does 15 picks they make ever year in the Draft

Yeah. I was looking forward to

Warren - Wilfork - Warren/Wright
Ninkovich - Mayo - Spikes - Cunningham
McCourty - Sanders - Meriweather - Bodden

Can't predict **** in this league. :(

i bet you cant wait to see

Deaderick- Wilfork- Love- Carter
Ninkovich-Mayo-Guyton
McCourty-Ihedigbo-Chung-Arrington- adams

hows that line up working for ya :bricks:

Absolutely NOT!

We need more defensive turnovers. We need less offensive turnovers.

Turnovers are good when the team is on defense, but bad when they are on offense. :D

I WANT MORE DEFENSIVE TURNOVER!!!!!!!!!!

DEFENSIVE LINE
Instead we have Carter-Wilfork-Warren/Deaderick/Ellis. Warren and Wright didn't come back strong from their injuries. I think the DL is better than what you wanted.

LINEBACKERS
The four you listed are back (along with Guyton and Fletcher), plus Anderson. This is a slight improvement.

CORNERS
Arrington played fine last year, and is now better than an aged injury-ridden Bodden. Not all players come back at 100%. Arrington is playing as well as we should have expected from Bodden.

SAFETY
It is interesting that you were looking forward to benching Chung.

Last edited:
I thought Fat Albert was playing good.:confused:

lots of turnover happens when nothing works.......or you are aspiring to be another rick pitino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case