PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have Cannon and Haynsworth Practiced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haynesworth isn't the only player ever to fail a conditioning test for the Patriots. He's not even the only one to do it this season. There's no need to make an excuse. Putting forth some basic information that people such as yourself should already have known is not the same as offering an excuse.

But you go with whatever makes you feel good.

Also consider that this could just be a rumor because of what happened in Washington. Mike Reiss tweeted:
MikeReiss Mike Reiss
Makes little sense to throw Haynesworth right into a full-pad practice setting.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Mike Reiss

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
The Patriots had a full-pad practice for the first time this camp. Have to be smart managing players' health in this transition.
1 hour ago
Mike Reiss

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
On Albert Haynesworth not practicing today, would caution reading too much into it from a conditioning-test standpoint.

We don't know why, assuming things at this point won't get him on the field any quicker, it IS ok to step back and admit that as of right now, none of us know why he isn't practicing. There is no harm in doing so, I assure you.

Don't know. Don't care

I don't know, but let me ask you something. Will you keep asking asinine questions, like those above, all season long, or will you try using a little common sense on occasion?

If you are going to provide excuses for the guy, at least put some thought into it.

If you are going to provide excuses for the guy, at least put some thought into it.

I didn't offer any excuses for the guy. I asked you a question while laying out some well known facts.

I'm sorry that you're unable to differentiate between the two.

uh-oh...runs for the popcorn again

Why would you throw Haynesworth right into full pads? And there is no word if he passed his condition test..although jets fans seem to think he did..but that in itself is a whole other thread about football knowledge

Haynesworth wasn't given an off season set of expectation from the Pats as to weight targets and conditioning level. He can't very well be held accountable for standards he wasn't aware of.

If he can't practice until August 4th, why would he have taken his test in the first place?

He has another six days to prepare to pass his test. In the meantime, he can work on his conditioning and the playbook/videos AND stay five miles away from all media type people.

BB is going to say nothing about this guy. Remember when some thought Moss would be cut in 2007 after he played zero time in preseason. BB said nothing then also.

I'm sure they'll give Cannon as much time as he needs after his cancer treatments. He's here already, and that tells me things were very successful. I'm very happy for him. As for Haynesworth, last year when he couldn't initially passes the conditioning drills, Skins head coach Shanahan made a laughing stock of the guy, and had nightly reports saying he couldn't pass it, and that he had to do time on the bike, etc. They made a fool out of that guy last year, in response to him not being in shape. BB doesn't embarrass his players. It'll be when he's ready he's ready, and he won't get specific. Players love that about BB, and he doesn't get enough credit for it.

Haynesworth wasn't given an off season set of expectation from the Pats as to weight targets and conditioning level. He can't very well be held accountable for standards he wasn't aware of.

Yes and no. As a pro he should be expected to pass any team's conditioning test as a bottom-line standard. My guess is that he's too far out of shape and that's why he's not practicing. Unless, of course, it's contract-related.

Last edited:
If he can't practice until August 4th, why would he have taken his test in the first place?

He has another six days to prepare to pass his test. In the meantime, he can work on his conditioning and the playbook/videos AND stay five miles away from all media type people.

BB is going to say nothing about this guy. Remember when some thought Moss would be cut in 2007 after he played zero time in preseason. BB said nothing then also.

This is what I was thinking. I thought no new trade-FA guys could practice until the 4th...

The fact that Cannon is even in camp says a lot about his effort, motivation, and character. I get the impression he'd be out there if at all possible.

As for AH : who knows ? Just win. Let's NOT be penpals, let's not be FB friends, let's just win. If he helps us win games, I love it. If not, goodbye.

I can't believe BB would have brought in someone with so many question marks if he didn't feel that player can help him win.

Winning is everything. He'll be on the field soon enough. Hopefully to help his team win. Nothing else matters because he is not our friend.

If Wilfork can pass it, no excuse as to why that lazy slob cant do it. It's his own fault for not being in shape. Standards? I'm pretty sure he's aware of the condition he needs to be in to pass an NFL conditioning test.

C Ocho is in the same boat, he is practicing.

Word is that OchoCinco hasn't redone his deal yet so he can practice. The Pats will give him a new deal on the 4th to get around this rule. It has all been agreed to, but they won't pull the trigger until then.

Now the Pats may have a new deal for Haynesworth and aren't as willing to risk him playing and getting injured under his current deal.

Just a theory, but Belichick can trust OchoCinco because they are friends. I doubt Haynesworth has developed enough trust with Belichick that he doesn't practice this week fake a hamstring injury and get paid on IR this year or something like that.

If Ocho redid his contract..how come he's practicing?

Shhhh! Belichick is "cheating" again. Don't tell anybody. His "arrogance" is out of control. );p

Last edited:

Maybe the most rational point of the week. It would be easy to see the Pats telling him to take the first week to get some conditioning in, go to some meetings and then take the test.

Who cares?

In 2 two weeks BILL would have completed the patriot way brainwashing and he will be another asset for the hoodie.

Big AL IS NOT STUPID!!! He knows the patriots are the right team he needs to rehabilitate his image....Also so he get another big FREE AGENT contract.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference