PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't deny Tebow is entertaining to watch, I actually don't know if you guys wore me down, or I've started to see some of the intrigue but I actually want to see him stick in some capacity at this point.

I was much the same way as a die-hard Gator fan. We had Chris Leak already and he was a great pocket passer. Tebow shows up and everyone is going crazy over him, and I was thinking to myself... So what? We had a good chance to win the national championship that year (which we did) and Tebow was nobody to me. Then I saw him come in and play on possessions and I thought, man this kid is effective and built like a tank too. But I didn't know if he could pass for a full game. Then he took over the next year when Leak graduated. The kid turned out to be one of the greatest passing QBs of all time, while also being the best rushing QB of all time.

It was a gradual process for me to accept Tebow as a QB. But I saw what he can do, and he has proven many people wrong. I root for the kid, but I don't object to fair criticism. It's the lies and over the top BS that I argue against.

I'm convinced that Tebow will make the team as a long term project of the BB and McDaniels braintrust. When you win as much as BB, you need new challenges to keep you motivated and the season interesting and I'm sure nothing excites him more than the prospect of molding a legit NFL player out of the Tebow clay. Certainly a bit vain but I believe that's where BB's head is at.

Is it time to start resurrecting terrible posts yet?

Not sure if in the annals of football that players just switched skill positions... from QB to RB, from QB to TE... would seem that each has its own skillset that took more than a preseason to develop.
When did you start following the Patriots, last year?

Bill Belichick put Troy Brown in as a CB, put Richard Seymour in the offensive backfield and put Mike Vrabel in to make TD receptions.

It's all moot since they cut Tebow, but to say such a thing has "never happened in the annals of football" is pretty short sighted.

Bill Belichick has answered this poll question. His answer was no.

When did you start following the Patriots, last year?

Bill Belichick put Troy Brown in as a CB, put Richard Seymour in the offensive backfield and put Mike Vrabel in to make TD receptions.

It's all moot since they cut Tebow, but to say such a thing has "never happened in the annals of football" is pretty short sighted.

The difference is that they practiced, before they just switched them..

You also make pyss poor comparisons..

Show me where they made a qb into a TE or a qb into a running back, and I will be satisfied... your examples were not a complete change, more of a situational thing, except for Troy Brown.. but he is probably the lone exception and had many skills to justify his roster spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST