PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

If the Pats release Tebow I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills sign him ASAP for game 1.

I don't think its a good fit because of Manuel, if you bring Tebow in there will be a outpouring of start Tebow campaign's that will not be good for the a young QB like Manuel, they need to commit to him, they made an investment and they have to play it out.

If you're comparing the emotional development of grown men in an internet football message board to how girls act in 8th grade gym class, you're a hopeless optimist.

I'm not sure how to take this, but I will take it as a positive and say thank you :thumbup:

SDI I think at this point they will figure out some way to keep Tebow around. I still was not overly impressed with him as a quarterback, however I was impressed with the fight he has, with odds stacked against him he came out and showed he could rise up in the face of adversity. Belichick loves football players and Tebow is a football player, he may never be an NFL quarterback but last night showed me he could be an NFL player, and I'm confident if anyone can find a way to use Tebow's talent its Belichick, it may not happen in week 1 or even in 2013 but I do see potential that at some point and time Tebow will contribute to a Patriots team, at what position I have no clue if I had to guess it will be similar to what Edelman did the last few years, multiple positions in all 3 phases of the game.

I think the basis of last night was for Tebow to show the staff he wanted it, and now that he has they will proceed with whatever they think is the best use of his skill set. I understand why they had him play quarterback at first, let him do what he is comfortable doing while he proves himself.

Do you know what impressed me the most last night. After getting sacked four times in about eight plays, on subsequent drives, he stayed in the pocket, got the ball out quicker and (I believe) avoided more sacks. Fluke, balls or ability to learn on the fly? I don't know, but it impressed me watching the game live.

Do you know what impressed me the most last night. After getting sacked four times in about eight plays, on subsequent drives, he stayed in the pocket, got the ball out quicker and (I believe) avoided more sacks. Fluke, balls or ability to learn on the fly? I don't know, but it impressed me watching the game live.

I won't deny Tebow is entertaining to watch, I actually don't know if you guys wore me down, or I've started to see some of the intrigue but I actually want to see him stick in some capacity at this point.

I won't deny Tebow is entertaining to watch, I actually don't know if you guys wore me down, or I've started to see some of the intrigue but I actually want to see him stick in some capacity at this point.

Did you ever watch the Steve Young piece I linked you to ?

BTW, be very careful. That's how it started with me. I didn't get what all the fuss was about. Thought it was just a bunch of hype at the start. That was 7 years ago or so ? :)

Daniel Day Lewis There Will Be Blood or Jerry Lewis The Delicate Delinquent entertaining?

If the Pats release Tebow I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills sign him ASAP for game 1.

Why? He doesn't even know much about the "real" offense. He's basically been running his own package of separate stuff.

The little that he does know he probably wouldn't share, since by all accounts he seems to be a pretty honest guy who has to have some sincere appreciation for the opportunity that both Belichick and McDaniels have given him.

I really doubt that anyone would be all too interested in taking him aboard to be honest. The only reason I think he makes it on the roster here is b/c it's been a weird situation from day one, so I expect the "weirdness" to continue assuming that Belichick has some kind of plan for him.

Did you ever watch the Steve Young piece I linked you to ?

BTW, be very careful. That's how it started with me. I didn't get what all the fuss was about. Thought it was just a bunch of hype at the start. That was 7 years ago or so ? :)

I did actually I thought I responded it was a good piece, very interesting outlook.

As far as being careful I have always been more of team guy, and my favorite individual on the Patriots isn't even a player its actually Belichick I appreciate the way he is so consumed with his craft, I like watching him make decisions, and the way he makes the hard ones with such ease.l

Why? He doesn't even know much about the "real" offense. He's basically been running his own package of separate stuff.

The little that he does know he probably wouldn't share, since by all accounts he seems to be a pretty honest guy who has to have some sincere appreciation for the opportunity that both Belichick and McDaniels have given him.

I really doubt that anyone would be all too interested in taking him aboard to be honest. The only reason I think he makes it on the roster here is b/c it's been a weird situation from day one, so I expect the "weirdness" to continue assuming that Belichick has some kind of plan for him.

I think he meant to actually play QB

EJ is hurt, Leinart crapped the bed and got cut, Tuel is beyond green.

Daniel Day Lewis There Will Be Blood or Jerry Lewis The Delicate Delinquent entertaining?

You know what though my friend you have to admit there isn't another 53rd player in the league that offers the intrigue that Tebow offers from an entertainment perspective. With the cuts today the Patriots can keep the players I wanted them to keep, Buchanan, etc. and still keep Tebow so at this point I'd be OK with having a player that could at least make opposing coaches ask the question what the heck could Bill have him do that I need to prepare for when they sit down to put together their gameplan.

I did actually I thought I responded it was a good piece, very interesting outlook.

As far as being careful I have always been more of team guy, and my favorite individual on the Patriots isn't even a player its actually Belichick I appreciate the way he is so consumed with his craft, I like watching him make decisions, and the way he makes the hard ones with such ease.l

In this linked vid of Tim's last toss, between the 25th and 26th second, the camera was in a full BB face shot so his facial expressions are clear. We I first saw it I thought I saw an interesting BB facial expression and reran that section of the vid a few times to get a clear look at what could be called a half 'that's what I'm talkin' about' smile immediately before the face shot ended. It may be nothing but it sure is fun thinking about what's in that man's head.

In this linked vid of Tim's last toss, between the 25th and 26th second, the camera was in a full BB face shot so his facial expressions are clear. We I first saw it I thought I saw an interesting BB facial expression, reran that section of the vid a few times to get a clear look at what could be called a half 'that's what I'm talkin' about ' smile. It may be nothing but it sure is fun thinking about what's in that man's head.

I posted a pic but couldn't get the smile, you can clearly see it there.

You know what though my friend you have to admit there isn't another 53rd player in the league that offers the intrigue that Tebow offers from an entertainment perspective. With the cuts today the Patriots can keep the players I wanted them to keep, Buchanan, etc. and still keep Tebow so at this point I'd be OK with having a player that could at least make opposing coaches ask the question what the heck could Bill have him do that I need to prepare for when they sit down to put together their gameplan.

Here is a good highlight video (you mentioned you had not seen him play much before) , just check it out when you get a chance (and its a cool song also they use by the way..)

Tim Tebow: A Season to Remember - YouTube

Here's a clip of Markus and the rest of the Te-crew pondering what's going on in the mind of Bill Belichick....

monolifth_apes.gif

My apologies for missing your response. And yeah, it was definitely an interesting vid.

WRT to the "be careful" and you being a team guy.... still, be careful. I'm a Univ. of Ga fan (Go DAWGS)and I HATE the Gators. Yet I got bit. :)

Here's a clip of Markus and the rest of the Te-crew pondering what's going on in the mind of Bill Belichick....

monolifth_apes.gif

Kind of think that might represent all sides of the aisle here. :)

In this linked vid of Tim's last toss, between the 25th and 26th second, the camera was in a full BB face shot so his facial expressions are clear. We I first saw it I thought I saw an interesting BB facial expression, reran that section of the vid a few times to get a clear look at what could be called a half 'that's what I'm talkin' about' smile immediately before the face shot ended. It may be nothing but it sure is fun thinking about what's in that man's head.

The thing that goes unnoticed about Belichick in all the hard and bold decisions he makes is he really cares about his players and takes an interest in them. You could see that last night in his positive reaction and on the flip side you could see the hurt he had during his presser about Hernandez.

Ha ha. Only a matter of time before you become a tebow fan. Jk.

My apologies for missing your response. And yeah, it was definitely an interesting vid.

WRT to the "be careful" and you being a team guy.... still, be careful. I'm a Univ. of Ga fan (Go DAWGS)and I HATE the Gators. Yet I got bit. :)

I hear you but the only person I ever really locked onto in this organization was Doug Fluties daughter when she was a cheerleader, I considered following her in similar to provided my unconditional support but the fear of a restraining order eventually overwhelmed that desire ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST