PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked better. Which would have been hard not to do. But he did look better.

Made the TD throw that Mallett couldn't. Can we just meld Mallett and Tebow together cause that would be a sweet QB.

He's gonna make it, even if we don't want him to. And yes I was shocked about those two touchdowns, too.

Everytime I watch Tebow throw the ball, I have to check if I accidentally hit the slow-mo button. What a huge windup.

Two more days until this thread dies.

He looked better. Which would have been hard not to do. But he did look better.

Made the TD throw that Mallett couldn't. Can we just meld Mallett and Tebow together cause that would be a sweet QB.
It confirmed to me everything we know about Tebow. If he's a Quarterback, he's a 3rd string Quarterback at best.

Brady has spoiled the Patriots fan base. His throws go where they're supposed to go.

What Pats fans saw tonight is that Tebow can score touchdowns. Period. Not always pretty, but he can lead scoring drives. It's more important to score than it is to be pretty. Brady scores and makes it look pretty at the same time. That's what the elite QBs do. Tebow in the NFL has been rough, but gets the job done. In college, he looked better than Brady does in the NFL. In the NFL he's looked lost at times and great at times.

He's nowhere near Brady, but I still think he is better than Mallett... if not more proven than Mallett. To be fair to Mallett, he hasn't gotten the chance to start games like Tebow did, so you can't really use that against him.

Regardless, a proven winner at the NFL level is a proven winner. I understand that some feel the Broncos 22nd (I think) ranked defense was the reason Tebow has a winning starting record, or that it was the kicker. That's cool. I disagree, but I'm tired of arguing that point.

It's good for Tebow, and good for the Pats that he scored a few touchdowns. All it means is that he somewhat saved face for the bad performance two weeks ago. He's not starting, nor is he jumping Mallett in the QB hierarchy. He'll be a QB3 and learn from Brady. That hopefully will be his only function this year. If Brady goes down, I'd rather Tebow than Mallett, but that is just a personal preference, based on experience and track record.

Tebow 6-11 91 yds, 2TDs , INT , 30 yds rushing

So let's reverse the "Tebow " name...for any other QB3 in the NFL with another name...to have that stat line in a pressure do or die game (to make it on the roster or get cut ) would be of course an acceptable performance ..but this is what we get on a quick scan of the game thread....

This is the least happy I've been about a Pats TD ever!

oh boy that second half is going to be loooooong!

Tebow is HORRIBLE. Can't wait till he get cut.

We're sending a bad message if we keep Tebow. This is a meritocracy...

Tebow is SOOOOOOOOOO bad that his play is now affecting the Pats Defense....:bricks:

IT'S TEBOW TIME (to be cut)!

call me a bad fan if you must but I'm pulling for the lulz here

(guys on Tebow) "If he makes this team Belichick & McDaniels..."

Hit the Vodka early?

I'm just glad T-Blow isn't giving BB anything to think about.

Tim Tebow would be one of hell of a shot putter.

Tebow is garbage.

Tebow Time is over folks, as mentioned before he's just way too hit and miss and clearly not good enough to be a QB on an NFL roster IMO

Someone tell this guy to swallow his pride and play FB, he could be great.

I will never understand how Curtis Painter--after what he did to Indy when Peyton went down--still has a job in the NFL.
because hes better then tebow
Am I the only one who would not have been shocked by a pick 6 on Tebow's last throw.

totally agree. I'm a Tebow homer for sure. Gator fan too. He is here to stay for atleast one season. They have a vested interest in making him a capable starting QB. He will do great things for the Pats.

aaand ill be here Saturday to eat crow but he stays, learns and gets time to develop and just maybe score a TD against the Jets =)

What Pats fans saw tonight is that Tebow can score touchdowns. Period.

Yeah, well, I missed that part during his first two preseason games.

But I'll give you that, against soon-to-be-cut players and future insurance agents, he didn't look as awful as he did in games 1 and 2.

Yeah, well, I missed that part during his first two preseason games.

But I'll give you that, against soon-to-be-cut players and future insurance agents, he didn't look as awful as he did in games 1 and 2.

Love the hate LOL!

QB3 stats : 6-11 92 yards , 2 TDs , INT, 30 yards rushing...

Love the hate LOL!

You should compile QB3's stats for all of his preseason. If he keeps up his numbers like that, he definitely should be part of the roster!

Re: Re: Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

They have a vested interest in making him a capable starting QB.

Sorry stopped reading here.

Sorry stopped reading here.

TLDR too long for you?

McDaniels has an interest in turning Tebow around and BB actually likes the kid. To down play how much the player/coach relationship for getting chances are you're blind.

Love the hate LOL!

Whilst we're throwing out numbers, he was also sacked 4 times for a loss of 25 yards.

Numbers are as useful as the people using them to support or disprove an argument.

Whilst we're throwing out numbers, he was also sacked 4 times for a loss of 25 yards.

Numbers are as useful as the people using them to support or disprove an argument.

That's why they changed the line for him, it was as porous with as many holes as your underwear.

After the change imagine that NO SACKS

Haven't gone back and looked at the game again to really check, but how many of those sacks were on him ? I.e. would Brady or Mallett have been sacked if they were in there ?

TLDR too long for you?

McDaniels has an interest in turning Tebow around and BB actually likes the kid. To down play how much the player/coach relationship for getting chances are you're blind.

You are confusing EGO with interest. BB allows it more than likely to humor MCD. If he turns into an asset than it's great, if not they cut him and move on. It's not like they are VESTED financially in the kid.

That's why they changed the line for him, it was as porous with as many holes as your underwear.

After the change imagine that NO SACKS
You Jets fans are an entertaining lot.

Haven't gone back and looked at the game again to really check, but how many of those sacks were on him ? I.e. would Brady or Mallett have been sacked if they were in there ?
From memory at least 2 of the 4. I'll have to go back and watch the film when I have time to give you a definitive answer.

Love the hate LOL!

11-30 146 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INT, 7 sck 48 sckyds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back