PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a blasphemous picture in your sig, therefore clearly you do have a problem with Christianity.

What has Tebow ever done to you to make you hate Christianity that much?

Take it easy Frances... ;)

Why don't you ask Tebow why he posed in such a blasphemous way for GQ if it bothers you that much.

back in the 80's I was extremely guilty of "blast for me" syndrome....ah the folly of youth

I'm thinking you're a troll.... Either way that post had a dumbs ass factor of defcon 5. Rushing the ball isn't as valuable as passing the ball that's the reason and try to understand this ... That QB's make WAY MORE MONEY than RB! How did those Vikings do with their 2k rusher?

Answer me this if you could have Peterson or Brady who you taking? Peterson or either manning? Rodgers, Bree's, Wilson, rg3, Kaepernick? Yep u guessed it the QB every time. So grandpa 3 yards and a cloud of dust it's to e to realize RB are going the way of the dodo.

Funny, I seem to recall that the Vikes were in the playoffs last year, and that's with Ponder at QB.

Here is RG3 praying and kneeling at Baylor (he did it all the time and he does it with Redskins) . Its only a problem if Tebow does it I guess . In fact NFL players pray ALL THE TIME with cameras on them

let me ask you something , if you are a Sudfeld fan first and foremost (to the point where you are wondering if you should even watch a Patriots game if Sudfeld does not play in it) , why do you already have animosity built up for a fan of Tebow?

baylor-griffin-kneel-horiz-apjpg-fcde8d772e97cadf_zpsd4c47ca5.jpg

prayer2_zpsfd289c2e.jpg

I don't care if they pray. what I dislike is the piety following saying I don't do it for the cameras. Its bs. own it. I don't care if you praise jesus, allah, buddah or a carrot. Do it in public all you want but don't say its not for the attention because it is. If you dye your hair bright red or wear it in a 4 Mohawk, tattoo something on your face or otherwise do something to call attention to yourself don't pretend that's not the reason your doing it.

I don't have any animosity against 98% of the tebow posters. But the ridiculous statement greek made gets the old dander up. He has no idea what the person is like he was insulting. for all you know he might be the greatest guy and earth.

Tebow has got to be the most polarizing player ever.

Has any prospective 3rd string QB created such ire from so many fans? Whether he sticks on the teams and is inactive all 16 weeks, gets cut, or gets "injured" tomorrow and goes on IR really is not going to alter the Patriots' season. But such venom behind the cut Tebow crowd. HE IS NOT IMPORTANT.

And the zealots. I'm a fan of the Big Guy upstairs myself. And JC did a pretty cool thing sacrificing himself and all that....but you people are really gonna go with the defense of Tebow's QB ability just because he prays and is a virgin?

I don't know how he could have earned a roster spot. But I hope he makes it. More arguing and angst is always entertaining.

Funny, I seem to recall that the Vikes were in the playoffs last year, and that's with Ponder at QB.

and? anyone expect them to get anywhere? No... now imagine if a decent QB had been in front of Peterson... he gets 1500 yards and they are a super bowl contender. Move Peterson to Arizona... they still suck. Make him a brown...they still suck, but send brady, brees, Rodgers et all to those teams and what happens. You know it so i'll let you say it.

I don't care if they pray. what I dislike is the piety following saying I don't do it for the cameras. Its bs. own it. .

I don't recall Tebow ever saying that.

funny you didn't answer the second part of the question. out all those qb's I mentioned do you take Peterson to start your team with? Nope. You know it and I know it RB's are a dime a dozen now. sure you have the Peterson's still but gone are the days of 6-8 great RB's in the same league.

When I first started watching football Campbell, Dorsett, Payton, Harris, were all busting up the NFL. It was a runners league, defenses weren't handcuffed like they are now against the pass.

List me the last 10 SB winners. Then list me the most Important person on those winning and even losing teams. Wasn't a RB in any of them.

and? anyone expect them to get anywhere? No... now imagine if a decent QB had been in front of Peterson... he gets 1500 yards and they are a super bowl contender. Move Peterson to Arizona... they still suck. Make him a brown...they still suck, but send brady, brees, Rodgers et all to those teams and what happens. You know it so i'll let you say it.

The point is that yards are yards. Quick question, it's 3rd and 7. Does it matter if you pass and get 7 yards or run and get 7 yards >

Next question. It's 3rd and goal from the 2. Does it matter if you pass or run for those 2 yards ?

Answer to both questions is no.

I don't care if they pray. what I dislike is the piety following saying I don't do it for the cameras. Its bs. own it. I don't care if you praise jesus, allah, buddah or a carrot. Do it in public all you want but don't say its not for the attention because it is.

Suddyfan, I've never been around Tebow ever. But I've heard people say Tebow is not putting on an act. He is far from a perfect human being. But, the type of person he is when the cameras are on matches the person when the cameras are off.

I would have rather kept Kafka, signed Stanzi or almost anyone than Tebow.

HOWEVER, I agree that Tebow is not putting on an act. We've had lots and lots of Christian football players who were very active and very public with their faith.

BTW, Belichick has gone out of his way to praise Tebow and his hard work. Even Kraft has done so.

So, let's criticize Tebow for being one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL. Let's not criticize him for his character.

Suddyfan, I've never been around Tebow ever. But I've heard people say Tebow is not putting on an act. He is far from a perfect human being. But, the type of person he is when the cameras are on matches the person when the cameras are off.

Yep.
Step1. Tebow gets a TD.
Step2. Tebow takes a knee and offers thanks.
Step3. Cameras run up to get a pic.
Step4. Blame Tebow for it.

I would have rather kept Kafka, signed Stanzi or almost anyone than Tebow.

HOWEVER, I agree that Tebow is not putting on an act. We've had lots and lots of Christian football players who were very active and very public with their faith.

BTW, Belichick has gone out of his way to praise Tebow and his hard work. Even Kraft has done so.

So, let's criticize Tebow for being one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL. Let's not criticize him for his character.

I respect your opinion mgteich. There's so much evidence for both sides. Thanks for saying some of that.

Suddyfan, I've never been around Tebow ever. But I've heard people say Tebow is not putting on an act. He is far from being a perfect human being. But, the type of person he is when the cameras are on matches the person when the cameras are off.

I don't doubt it and I don't think its an act. However, I think one loses the right of piety when you choose to do it in front of 50k fans and tv cameras. If you do it at a church, at your home, any sort of religious gathering I think its different than in a general public spot. That goes for Tebow or me or you or anyone.

Yep.
Step1. Tebow gets a TD.
Step2. Tebow takes a knee and offers thanks.
Step3. Cameras run up to get a pic.
Step4. Blame Tebow for it.

Step 1. Tebow gets a TD playing a game in front of 50K live audience and a dozen of cameraman that get paid to film the action.
Step 2: Tebow kneels and offer thanks in front of 50k live audience members a dozen cameramen and their cameras
Step 3: Cameramen do their job and stay on the guy that scored the TD.
Step 4: Pretend like Tebow doesn't know that his kneeling will be broadcast to many people.

There's no difference between a td dance and praying. Both will get you on tv. which is the point.

I don't recall Tebow ever saying that.

I believe he said that about the shirtless in the rain thing.. he has always knelt and prayed... long before espn made it a thing.

I believe he said that about the shirtless in the rain thing.. he has always knelt and prayed... long before espn made it a thing.

which again is perfectly fine. I just don't believe it makes a person better to be overtly open about faith. I have often found the most aggressively religious among us are often some of the worst people I have met.

By all accounts and everything I have ever heard about Tebow that isn't the case and I am not calling him out for doing it. Tebow your butt off tim. Just don't pretend it doesn't help your brand.

Christ, this is some sanctimonious bull****.

If you're actually trying to draw a parallel between character and whether or not someone is a fairweather/bandwagon fan you need a goddamn reality check.

It's rooting for grown men throwing a football. Sure I'd never change teams but that doesn't make me a higher character person than someone else it just makes me someone who takes sports more seriously or roots for his team with more passion.

Ironic that you use the word sanctimonious to describe me and not Tebow or his flock.

I think you need to settle down.

Ironic that you use the word sanctimonious to describe me and not Tebow or his flock.

I think you need to settle down.

Seriously AQ? You questioned certain people's personal character. That's not exactly light hearted conversation. He's got good reason to call you out on your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes