PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Ryan Wendell found a home at right guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be ready to write off Fleming. I think most reasonable folks aren't.
I am not writing off Cameron Fleming as the eventual replacement to Marcus Cannon as the backup offensive right tackle.

I am not writing off Cameron Fleming as the eventual replacement to Marcus Cannon as the backup offensive right tackle.

Far too early to write him off as a guard, too.

Far too early to write him off as a guard, too.
At what position did Cameron Fleming play the vast majority of snaps in preseason with the New England Patriots?

At what position did Cameron Fleming play the vast majority of snaps in preseason with the New England Patriots?

Applying that logic, Soldier should be TE2

What's Cameron Fleming's favorite color?

Supa, we had this conversation months ago about Connolly vs Wendell and just as I did then, I feel Wendell can do anything Connolly can but better. And this was not Wendell's first time playing guard for us. I often watch our games more than once and I have seen Wendell seamlessly sub in for Connolly throughout the years. If anyone has the charger game from 2010 or 11(off the top of my head I think it was 10) you can see Wendell replace Connolly at guard and do a better job.

Someone else had mentioned that Wendell was our last option but I believe that was the new coach's fault entirely. Dante took Wendell and Kline who each played like garbage the first time they hit the field and turned them into respectable players. Our new coach is basically doing the opposite of everything Dante has done and failed in the process. Cannon had multiple chances to play guard for us but only did it once in the Saint game and struggled. He thought Devey, who looks clueless, was a better option than guys that actually played for us last year. Dave De guli..or Guch is learning that bigger is not always better(thats what she said).

Dante has shown the ability to build almost anyone up and Guch so far has shown he can do the opposite(solder). I still have faith our oline will be fine in the future but it seems like it will be completely blown up come next draft.

You may be right. To be honest, I expected one of Connelly/Wendell to be cut in training camp myself, so what the hell do I know? ;)

I'm fine with Wendell playing this year, and I fully agree with you that it may be blown up in the next couple of years. In the meantime, his play this year has been more encouraging.

I fear the day NE's faith relies on Ryan Wendell.

You can be as naïve as you want.

You can address the following offensive lineman that the New Englands Patriots signed or drafted this decade:

Thomas Austin
Braxston Cave
Elvis Fisher
Jon Halapio
Matt Kopa
Ted Larsen
R.J. Mattes
Chris McDonald
Nick McDonald
Mitch Petrus
Matt Stankiewitch
Matt Tennant
Jeremiah Warren
Thomas Welch
Corey Woods
Markus Zusevics

You are the self-proclaimed offensive line expert.

What is your point? There is only 1 starter and 1 reserve amongst these mostly UDFAs. Finding even one NFL player from this detritus is kind of surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST