PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Deion Branch turned into a wuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt like it when moss did either , dont like it from any football player to be honest.

Thats actually a really good point. However, Deion used to be like them. Maybe its just age along with what RayClay mentioned: hamstring. I don't know, its just disheartening to see Deion immediately go to the ground or out of bounds when defenders are still 3-4 steps away. You don't see many receivers doing that, and I can't recall Deion ever doing that before when he was with us.

I saw him moving really gingerly between plays. There's no doubt he's got a hammy and the announcer even mentioned he was moving like a slug on a completed pass and questioned if he'd lost a lot of speed. Guess TV announcers can't spare the minute it would take to look at an injury report.

Nothing to see here, check back when he's healthy.

i didnt like it when moss did either , dont like it from any football player to be honest.

Hey, I'm not a big fan of ignorance but I try to put up with it. It sux but I promised my parole officer.

Thats actually a really good point. However, Deion used to be like them.
No he wasn't. He always went down early, and that is a good thing. Slender WRs are more valuable on the field than fighting to turn a 15-yard gain into a 17 yard gain, and ending up being broken in hlaf by strong safeties.

He was called the Twig for a reason. Save fighting for yards for Welker, Woodhead, Edelman and the stouter receivers and TEs.

Once in a while, in a critical situation, Branch will fight for yardage, but most of the time I'd rather he (and Tate for that matter) go down before being crushed. I feel the same way when a QB tries to make a tackle after an interception and gets blasted by a LB who is blocking for the INT returner. Give up the TD and stay healthy.

I feel the same way when a QB tries to make a tackle after an interception and gets blasted by a LB who is blocking for the INT returner. Give up the TD and stay healthy.

I mostly agree with you. But I disagree with you here. Risking getting injured for an extra yard, when you already made the first down is one thing. But if you are talking about stopping a TD, getting a first down, or scoring a TD. Take the hit. You are a football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back