PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Deion Branch turned into a wuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt like it when moss did either , dont like it from any football player to be honest.

Thats actually a really good point. However, Deion used to be like them. Maybe its just age along with what RayClay mentioned: hamstring. I don't know, its just disheartening to see Deion immediately go to the ground or out of bounds when defenders are still 3-4 steps away. You don't see many receivers doing that, and I can't recall Deion ever doing that before when he was with us.

I saw him moving really gingerly between plays. There's no doubt he's got a hammy and the announcer even mentioned he was moving like a slug on a completed pass and questioned if he'd lost a lot of speed. Guess TV announcers can't spare the minute it would take to look at an injury report.

Nothing to see here, check back when he's healthy.

i didnt like it when moss did either , dont like it from any football player to be honest.

Hey, I'm not a big fan of ignorance but I try to put up with it. It sux but I promised my parole officer.

Thats actually a really good point. However, Deion used to be like them.
No he wasn't. He always went down early, and that is a good thing. Slender WRs are more valuable on the field than fighting to turn a 15-yard gain into a 17 yard gain, and ending up being broken in hlaf by strong safeties.

He was called the Twig for a reason. Save fighting for yards for Welker, Woodhead, Edelman and the stouter receivers and TEs.

Once in a while, in a critical situation, Branch will fight for yardage, but most of the time I'd rather he (and Tate for that matter) go down before being crushed. I feel the same way when a QB tries to make a tackle after an interception and gets blasted by a LB who is blocking for the INT returner. Give up the TD and stay healthy.

I feel the same way when a QB tries to make a tackle after an interception and gets blasted by a LB who is blocking for the INT returner. Give up the TD and stay healthy.

I mostly agree with you. But I disagree with you here. Risking getting injured for an extra yard, when you already made the first down is one thing. But if you are talking about stopping a TD, getting a first down, or scoring a TD. Take the hit. You are a football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3