PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has CBS Said If We Get Nantz/Simms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simms/Nantz is the best commentator tandem in the league(well actually I'd probably take Michaels/Collinsworth over them but still, they're really good at what they do). If you don't like them you probably don't like anybody lol. Just because they make one comment about the other team doesn't mean they hate the patriots.

Last edited:
My favorite duo.

It is always good to hear all the good things Nantz has to say about Vince Woolferk.

OK, Patsfans.com community, get your act together. Woolferk/Wilferk references as late as post #5 won't cut it around here :D

Same here, but I think Troy Aikman is underrated in the booth. Maybe it makes up for how overrated he was on the field? :)

Really?

I always get the sense Aikman does zero prep and fills most of the game with generic comments, like a video game commentator.

As long as I don't have to listen to Joe Buck and 95% of Fox commentators, I'm good with everyone else.

I hope not. Let them torment themselves over gushing over the Ravens or Manning. I almost puked at their comments during the Ravens/Colts game.

Some of you guys are too picky. I find that everytime there's a thread about a certain writer, reporter, analyst, people around here immediately say, "Oh, he's a moron, or oh "He's a Manning kiss up." "He's biased." While some of these guys really are idiots (Peter King, or Shaughnessy, who just made that trashy article on Houston) Sometimes people are too sensitive with their opinions on media guys, and are too biased themselves.

Personally I love Nantz and Simms, would rather have them than Gumbel/Dierdorf for sure.

I actually like both of them. Most of my SMH moments come when Dierdorf is the announcer.

Some of you guys are too picky. I find that everytime there's a thread about a certain writer, reporter, analyst, people around here immediately say, "Oh, he's a moron, or oh "He's a Manning kiss up." "He's biased." While some of these guys really are idiots (Peter King, or Shaughnessy, who just made that trashy article on Houston) Sometimes people are too sensitive with their opinions on media guys, and are too biased themselves.

Personally I love Nantz and Simms, would rather have them than Gumbel/Dierdorf for sure.

"That's not a face mask."

Doesn't matter who the announcers are at my house most of the game is spent on mute- I'd rather hear my own ranting and raving during the game---Come to think of it maybe this is why I watch games alone :D

Even with annoying announcers, I dont know how anyone can watch a game on MUTE, dont you want to hear the on the field actions????

Even with annoying announcers, I dont know how anyone can watch a game on MUTE, dont you want to hear the on the field actions????

You know I've done it for so long now that is just the way I enjoy it-to me useless information form the announcers irritates me especially if the game is one sided. As for the on field sounds nope don't care to hear them, o if some big hit takes place or there is some sort of injury to hear about I listen but play by play don't need it. Strange I know but it is is what it is. ;)

If the commentary begins to get on my nerves, I mute it. I miss when the radio broadcast with Gil and Gino was synced up perfectly so I could mute the TV and listen to them.

On another note, I think Ian Eagle is the best to listen to. His ability to do exciting play by play is unmatched by any other guy in the booth.

Each of the CBS/ESPN/NBC duos are good in their own way. (Fox blows)

Nantz/Simms know the Patriots the best, with Simms really mirroring the forums on his thoughts on the defense.

I love Gruden's insights, he's a smart guy with interesting stuff to say.

Collinsworth says dumb things sometimes but I like hearing about his own playing days when he makes comparisons. Al Michaels really is a professional though - the entire NBC broadcast is very well presented.

Fox's crews are subpar, and their video is inferior.

Last edited:
Well Jeeem, I gotta say, I hope its not Phil Simms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST