PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison on the play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man thanks for an up date. I cant telll you how sick i felt after that hit, seeing Rodney on the ground in pain. It was one sight i didnt want to see. I actually got a sick feeling of fear in my stomach when i saw Rodney go down.

Yes,thanks for posting Rodney's comments. He sounds pissed,which is never a bad thing! Agreed-I couldn't believe when Rodney went down-again! I'm of the opinion the Pats are a much better team with Rodney,and seeing him go down yesterday brought back that Pitts game in spades...ugh. I know he always plays TOUGH so is apt to find himself/put himself in harm's way-a lot-but what's going on? Are teams gunning for him?A combination of the 2 factors?
After seeing the replay the consensus on 5th Quarter was it was a legal hit but Rodney knows exactly what happened better than anybody. If he says it was dirty then I'm buying.
They got theirs in the end. Go Pats,and :enranged: to Fisher. I didn't expect this crap from the Titans?

That best part of that was they cut to Young's moms in the stands and she's yelling that's my boy!. Yeah that's your boy who just got picked. :rolleyes:

LOL slam dunk,baby.:rocker:

Great News. Let's hope that he is OK to bring HELL to the Jest.

If Rodney says it was a dirty play , it was a dirty play. END OF STORY!:rocker:

Glad to hear Rodney is OK. I was surprised how nasty this game turned. I used to think the Titans were a clean team.

Two huge "oh NOOOOOO!!!" moments in two weeks. My heart can't take much more of this dirty crap from crap teams. (Notice that all the announcers that talk about the the hit on Brady in the Jax game call it spearing, despite the NFL's official ruling).

I hope Rodney comes back for the Jets though I think Belichick has had a plan ready since that debacle against them at the razor.

Btw, apparently Mangini is no longer the coach that shall not be named as per
Reiss : boston.com/sports/football/patriots

Glad to hear Rodney is OK. I was surprised how nasty this game turned. I used to think the Titans were a clean team.
Yes Albert Haynesworth is a choir boy just ask Dallas's center

I thought the officials went a little overboard with the PF calls. Also, the game broadcast was horrible.

Camera angles were pretty bad at points. Cameras were zoomed out and zoomed in while the play was going on.

At least we'll have Phil Simms announcing next week I assume

Great News. Let's hope that he is OK to bring HELL to the Jest.

If Rodney says it was a dirty play , it was a dirty play. END OF STORY!:rocker:

I know this is going to get me in trouble but as a redhead, I just can't stop myself. In the post game show both Zolack and DeOssie said that it was a legal block made on Harrison. They were adamant.

Please Rodney, I beg you, I'm just reporting the information.

nice theory. i think you are right.

NOW he's pissed.:eek: :eek: :eek:
I feel for whoever has to face him.

My .02 cents. Pats weren't going to go all out on the Titans. The Titans knew that already. I'm sure that Fisher told his guys to be extra rough in an effort to make BB get the important starters off the field as quickly as possible...and it backfired!
Whoops Fisher! Now instead of facing a Pats second stringer, you've gone and pissed off Bill.
Bill.
Holds.
Grudges.
That whole game after the Rodney deal was BB doing his best to say "EFF U FISHER!"

**** Enberg said yesterday that Harrison was complaining that Kevin Mawae doesn't get more votes for Dirtiest Player, which of course is true. Mawae and the Denver OL.

A play can be legal and still be dirty. The Titans just proved what a bunch of punks they are. Bullock talking smack like they could intimidate the Patriots. 4The Titans had everything to lose and the Pats had nothing to gain, this was a winnable game by the Titans if they were smart. But no, they had to start with the cheap shots, try to intimidate the proudest team in the NFL. They woke the beast and got sent home like the little punks that they are.

Oh and the refs did a great job keeping the game under control. :rolleyes:

A play can be legal and still be dirty. The Titans just proved what a bunch of punks they are. Bullock talking smack like they could intimidate the Patriots. 4The Titans had everything to lose and the Pats had nothing to gain, this was a winnable game by the Titans if they were smart. But no, they had to start with the cheap shots, try to intimidate the proudest team in the NFL. They woke the beast and got sent home like the little punks that they are.

Oh and the refs did a great job keeping the game under control. :rolleyes:

I guess BB thought that they did a great job.:p

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
Do you get the sense that the refs tried to overcompensate in the second half with three straight personal fouls in the second half?

“I never said that. I think Ed Hochuli and this crew is one of the best crews in the league. I think they do a good job. I’d like to have them every week. I think they do a good job.”

I think the Titans had planned with the wrong attitude and they came in thinking the Pats were going to roll over, and it didn't happen.

They showed the Titans huddle at the start where they all get together and whoever was the player talking, was saying they (Pats) aren't coming to play, that they won their playoff spot, and want to coast (I am paraphrasing). Then he went on to say that the Titans were going to be tough and manhandle them.

If thats what they thought all week, and how they prepared, then they were totally without a rudder once the Pats played strong, and started hitting back.

In terms of anger, I think the league made a big mistake last week in not citing and fining the spear on Brady. I think its Brady who is mad now, not the yelling and cup throwing sideline tantrums he has been having, but the deep, cold, internal anger he had that won us 3 SBs. The Titans just sort of fired up the rest of the team. Could be an interesting playoff run. :D

Uh Did you forget about Haynesworth stepping on the Dallas Cowboy lineman earlier this year?

I am totally happy to hear that Rodney is all right, we need him. I hated that hit, and would have loved to see Tedy spear Fisher to the ground or something. I know Harrison wasnt anywhere near clean in San Diego but I havent seen much dirty hits from him since he came here and he has been a great person. If that was the motivation for hitting him, to injure him...then thats a jackass move. But hey, who knows if it was deliberitley to hurt him. I'd like not to think Fisher isnt telling his players to land a cheap hit on this guy or that guy.

The game could have exploded at any point, especially after Rodney's hit. You could tell our players were pissed off. All the personal fouls were rather funny though, and stupid. On Troy's, it didnt look like he did anything but he fell and grabbed someones jersey, dragging him to the ground as well. Seymour's was apparently a "verbal penalty". What gets you a verbal penalty? Must have said something nasty. I forget what Hobbs did but I think he hit the reciever then got to the ground and sort of slapped the guys face mask. And then Spann ands that other guy swapped little pushes at each others face masks. I would have been enraged if that penalty went against Spann.

Last edited:
we didn't get the game in NYC, but the commentary last night suggested (a) that the rodney hit was a cheap shot and the titans lack class and (b) that the zebras were belatedly trying to get control of a game they let get out of control...

Uh Did you forget about Haynesworth stepping on the Dallas Cowboy lineman earlier this year?
Yeah but I remember Fisher wasnt just pissed at Haynesworth he was screaming at him.

I am totally happy to hear that Rodney is all right, we need him. I hated that hit, and would have loved to see Tedy spear Fisher to the ground or something. I know Harrison wasnt anywhere near clean in San Diego but I havent seen much dirty hits from him since he came here and he has been a great person. If that was the motivation for hitting him, to injure him...then thats a jackass move. But hey, who knows if it was deliberitley to hurt him. I'd like not to think Fisher isnt telling his players to land a cheap hit on this guy or that guy.

The game could have exploded at any point, especially after Rodney's hit. You could tell our players were pissed off. All the personal fouls were rather funny though, and stupid. On Troy's, it didnt look like he did anything but he fell and grabbed someones jersey, dragging him to the ground as well. Seymour's was apparently a "verbal penalty". What gets you a verbal penalty? Must have said something nasty. I forget what Hobbs did but I think he hit the reciever then got to the ground and sort of slapped the guys face mask. And then Spann ands that other guy swapped little pushes at each others face masks. I would have been enraged if that penalty went against Spann.
The WR Hobbs tackled was pushing his forearm against Hobbs' throat while they were on the ground - Hobbs resented it. Spann slapped Pacman's hand away after Pacman had pushed his facemask after getting up from Spann's tackle - happily Pacman was caught. Now if we can just find a side judge that knows what an arm-bar is...

If Rodney says it was dirty, it was dirty. Then again, they have Mawae on offense and Haynesworth on defense, two of the dirtiest players in the NFL.

Anyway, I think they awoken a sleeping giant, maybe even more that that Jacksonville spear did to Brady. I think this team is pissed heading into the playoffs. If Rodney is angry, I wouldn't want to be wearing green Sunday afternoon.

Tomase has a lot of info on the episode:http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=174754&format=text

Reiss quotes some of our guys as follows:

DL Ty Warren
On the emotions of the game
"At one point of the game, guys got unraveled at some of the things they were doing, things that were out of character that we didn't think that they would do. I am not really going to go into all of that, but it is obvious when you see it on film. Cooler heads prevailed at the end and we played our ball the way we needed to play it."

Brady:
On if the team was upset after Harrison was injured
"I don't know. I'm sure no one likes to see a team leader, a captain, someone like Rodney to go down. I didn't see the play. I know everyone was pretty mad about it. ... You keep your poise and you try to let your play do the talking. We stooped down to the level that we were playing against. We've got to find ways to overcome that kind of play. It was a physical game. Both teams wanted to win."

On if it was a dirty game"
No. I can only speak for the offense. I dont think they were playing dirty out there on the offense. I think it was very phsyical. Probably testing the limits, probably a little too much. it looked like our defense was [playing more of that game]."

Rodney thought they were all cheapshot artists before the game started, I think it was Randy Cross who said he talked to Rodney on Saturday and he told him that he doesn't know why he is voted the dirtiest player in the league when their center was holding everyone all season. I never really had a problem with the Titans until this game, now it felt great to see Vinny put the final nail in their season.
Wish I'd seen that. I always liked Testaverde. Actually, I saw a quickie ESPN clip of it but it could have been Brady from the angle. So Fisher is the ****s now, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back