PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison on the play

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWelker

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Harrison eventually walked off under his own power, but did not return. He pulled a rolling suitcase past the assembled media after the game, walking without a limp or crutches. It appeared he had dodged a bullet, though no medical reports were immediately available.

“I’m all right,” he said.

“It was a dirty play,” Harrison said. “He wasn’t just trying to block me. He dove at my knees intentionally. He was trying to hurt me. The whole play was dirty.”

Patriots players were particularly incensed at Titans coach Jeff Fisher, whom they believed winked and smiled toward the field after Harrison was injured. Linebacker Tedy Bruschi charged the Titans sideline before being restrained.

“It was a dirty play,” he reiterated. “I don’t even know the guy (Wade). I don’t even know him. But their whole offensive line is dirty. Their whole offense is dirty. They’re a dirty team.”

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=174754

Good News is atleast Rodney is talking to the media and hopefully he is ready for Sunday's game.

Very interesting, I misread that completely. I guess the AFC South is going to be a very interesting opponent in the future after Kubiak gets his O-line into chop-blocking.

Harrison eventually walked off under his own power, but did not return. He pulled a rolling suitcase past the assembled media after the game, walking without a limp or crutches. It appeared he had dodged a bullet, though no medical reports were immediately available.

“I’m all right,” he said.

“It was a dirty play,” Harrison said. “He wasn’t just trying to block me. He dove at my knees intentionally. He was trying to hurt me. The whole play was dirty.”

Patriots players were particularly incensed at Titans coach Jeff Fisher, whom they believed winked and smiled toward the field after Harrison was injured. Linebacker Tedy Bruschi charged the Titans sideline before being restrained.

“It was a dirty play,” he reiterated. “I don’t even know the guy (Wade). I don’t even know him. But their whole offensive line is dirty. Their whole offense is dirty. They’re a dirty team.”

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=174754

Good News is atleast Rodney is talking to the media and hopefully he is ready for Sunday's game.

Hey man thanks for an up date. I cant telll you how sick i felt after that hit, seeing Rodney on the ground in pain. It was one sight i didnt want to see. I actually got a sick feeling of fear in my stomach when i saw Rodney go down.

If that's true, then all the respect I have for Fisher is gone. Not that anyone cares, but he always seemed to be a classy coach.

I don't know what was intentional and not, etc, but it was clear from very early on the Titans were going for more than a good, hard hitting game. And it was clear to me that Belichick was wanting to run the score up.

I've always liked Fisher but he's on my sh!t list now.

Glad to hear Rodney is OK. I was surprised how nasty this game turned. I used to think the Titans were a clean team.

I don't know what was intentional and not, etc, but it was clear from very early on the Titans were going for more than a good, hard hitting game. And it was clear to me that Belichick was wanting to run the score up.

I've always liked Fisher but he's on my sh!t list now.

After every play the Titans were holding onto the Pats' jerseys and seemed to be talking trash. Their ploys worked in the middle of the game when the Pats were called for 3 personal fouls on one drive after responding to this crap. It only stopped when BB took Seymour out to make him calm down. I don't think BB would have put Testaverde in for that TD if the Titans had played a good game, but it was an "up yours" after all the crap they pulled all game. Did you see Troy Brown (of all people) get called for a personal foul after they Titans guy held onto him (as they all had been doing all game) and when Troy pushed him away, the guy took a dive and there went the flag. I don't blame the officials, they were trying to keep control of the game. The Titans deserved to lose big.

After every play the Titans were holding onto the Pats' jerseys and seemed to be talking trash. Their ploys worked in the middle of the game when the Pats were called for 3 personal fouls on one drive after responding to this crap.
It was awful. After I made a comment that I'd have been called for several personal fouls if I were on the field, my wife pointed out I'd have been ejected early on. Ah well, they're home for the offseason and we're home to face The Jest :rocker:

I thought the officials went a little overboard with the PF calls. Also, the game broadcast was horrible.

If that's true, then all the respect I have for Fisher is gone. Not that anyone cares, but he always seemed to be a classy coach.

I still think Fisher is a great coach, but my opinion of him has gone down. I have my doubts about Bruschi's claim, but I did see him get pretty animated after PacMan's personal foul (which he thought was against the Pats). IMO, coach's shouldn't and don't need to wear their emotion on their sleeve.

I thought the officials went a little overboard with the PF calls. Also, the game broadcast was horrible.
Yeah, I don't remember all the calls but a few were horrible. Like the ones on Hobbs and Troy IIRC. It was completely out of control for a while.

I'm just thankful we got out of there alive and, apparently, with no major injuries.

Yeah, I don't remember all the calls but a few were horrible. Like the ones on Hobbs and Troy IIRC. It was completely out of control for a while.

I'm just thankful we got out of there alive and, apparently, with no major injuries.

Exactly. Alive and ready for more. It is amazing how far this team has come over the course of the season. I have a totally different vibe about the playoffs this year compared to last year at this time. The agressive/solid play on both sides of the ball today was impressive.

Last edited:

The Pats knew they were going to get called, though, and for a while kept responding when they should have kept their mouths shut and just played (which they eventually did). The broadcast was horrible. The "greatest" call had to be when Vince Young threw an INT to Asante, then managed to pull him down by his face mask (uncalled, of course) and those idiots Cross and Enburg went on and on about what a "player" Vince Young is, and how he just made a great play! HELLOOOO??!! He just threw and INT and yanked the guy down with an illegal face mask! Yeah, he's a real "player."

The Pats knew they were going to get called, though, and for a while kept responding when they should have kept their mouths shut and just played (which they eventually did). The broadcast was horrible. The "greatest" call had to be when Vince Young threw an INT to Asante, then managed to pull him down by his face mask (uncalled, of course) and those idiots Cross and Enburg went on and on about what a "player" Vince Young is, and how he just made a great play! HELLOOOO??!! He just threw and INT and yanked the guy down with an illegal face mask! Yeah, he's a real "player."

That best part of that was they cut to Young's moms in the stands and she's yelling that's my boy!. Yeah that's your boy who just got picked. :rolleyes:

I think the best part of it is that Rodney is pissed. Watch out Jets, here comes a totally pissed Rodney.

NEM, Happy New Year. Good to see you back.

I'm of the opinion that we are not going to the SB unless Rodney Harrison is on the field.

Please God, let R. Harrison Be OK to play every week for the rest of the year.

I think the best part of it is that Rodney is pissed. Watch out Jets, here comes a totally pissed Rodney.

NOW he's pissed.:eek: :eek: :eek:
I feel for whoever has to face him.

My .02 cents. Pats weren't going to go all out on the Titans. The Titans knew that already. I'm sure that Fisher told his guys to be extra rough in an effort to make BB get the important starters off the field as quickly as possible...and it backfired!
Whoops Fisher! Now instead of facing a Pats second stringer, you've gone and pissed off Bill.
Bill.
Holds.
Grudges.
That whole game after the Rodney deal was BB doing his best to say "EFF U FISHER!"

Rodney thought they were all cheapshot artists before the game started, I think it was Randy Cross who said he talked to Rodney on Saturday and he told him that he doesn't know why he is voted the dirtiest player in the league when their center was holding everyone all season. I never really had a problem with the Titans until this game, now it felt great to see Vinny put the final nail in their season.

Meanwhile, here's the view from the mountains of Tennessee:
titans/oilers said:
We didn't play our best today. The Pats came out and intimidated us. They beat us up. They were out there grabbing, holding, pushing,and everything else you can do. I think they got inside our guy's heads.....because everybody looked rattled and frustrated. Overall I think the Pats are a dirty playing aggressive football team. I felt bad for our team today.You could see that they were truly hurt by this loss.Especially Vince,and some of the younger guys! The Pats showed us what we are gonna have to deal with in the playoffs next year. I don't think the guys were quite ready for that level of play. Now that they have had a taste of it they can prepare for the next time they face them.
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22802

My best approximation of what happened is that it takes two to tango. Belichick said it best when he said both teams were "competitive" out there.

EDIT: another one for perspective: I have lost all respect for New England

Last edited:
After every play the Titans were holding onto the Pats' jerseys and seemed to be talking trash. Their ploys worked in the middle of the game when the Pats were called for 3 personal fouls on one drive after responding to this crap. It only stopped when BB took Seymour out to make him calm down. I don't think BB would have put Testaverde in for that TD if the Titans had played a good game, but it was an "up yours" after all the crap they pulled all game. Did you see Troy Brown (of all people) get called for a personal foul after they Titans guy held onto him (as they all had been doing all game) and when Troy pushed him away, the guy took a dive and there went the flag. I don't blame the officials, they were trying to keep control of the game. The Titans deserved to lose big.

I said to the family that if Troy Brown is reacting and gets a personal foul then you know the Titans are playing dirty and talking trash because Troy very rarely reacts to these things. He is usually pretty cool.

That best part of that was they cut to Young's moms in the stands and she's yelling that's my boy!. Yeah that's your boy who just got picked. :rolleyes:

LOL, I felt the same way.
Man it's a damn good sign that Rodney is speaking to the media, a DAMN GOOD SIGN. If he was seriously injured, we wouldn't hear from him at all.
When I saw him take that hit, I was so PISSED.:mad:
I'm glad we won and ended their season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill