PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison done for playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breer is reporting that it's his right knee, saying it's the same one that he blew out last year. IIRC that's incorrect isn't it? It was the left knee he injured at Pittsburgh, right?

Yes, I believe so.

I saw that too and I agree that it is incorrect. This is the right knee. It was the left knee that was reconstructed.

Last edited:
Borges just said in his chat that Harrison has a slight tear of the ACL, not MCL, and is out for the playoffs.
Yup.

Tom_From_Hooksett_NH: Hello Ron. A San Diego newpaper stated this AM that Rodney's knee will keep him out of the playoffs. Are you able to confirm this?
Ron_Borges: Yes. I told the Globe last night he had an MRI which showed a slight tear in the ACL not the MCL. Why that was not in the paper is beyond me but I'm only a foot soldier.

Even though the Pat's are secretive about injuries I would like to know how some one in SD "knows" this "fact". It does not make a lot of sense. It make more sense that the SD reporter would say this to cast aspersions on the Pat's. :rolleyes:
Perhaps, but Rodney remains popular in San Diego and reporters who knew him have kept in touch and have been able to get scoops the warm and caring Borges and Felgers would never get - we just have to wait and see how the Pats handle this.

Perhaps, but Rodney remains popular in San Diego and reporters who knew him have kept in touch and have been able to get scoops the warm and caring Borges and Felgers would never get - we just have to wait and see how the Pats handle this.

If I recall correctly it was SD reporters that first had his scapula injury in the press. Seems like the SD media has an 'in' with the Harrison camp (family member that is still local to SD maybe?).

I'm going to be sick.:enranged:

Put me in the believe it when I see it category. We have a proud and notorious Patriots hater in Borges spouting off in a chat and then wondering why it wasn't in his own paper (maybe because it wasn't adequately sourced, Ron?) and then we have a SD homer saying he's done.

Wake me up when he's on IR and the Patriots actually release something official.

Last edited:
I'm going to be sick.:enranged:

Same here. That was a major downer reading that. Still a bit skeptic though, I wouldn't trust the San Diego Tribune.

Last edited:
Per Reiss, Harrison's agent is saying that the torn MCL story is not true... Never trust an agent, but at least it's something...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I don't know what to think anymore. Reiss posts good facts and there's nothing official,but I also have to think there's really something wrong or at least something they don't want to take a chance on. This game would be one he'd play if he could,and there is no tomorrow during the playoffs. I think if it's not true they're going to play it by ear week by week,assuming we get past SD of course. Either way, BB will let other teams wonder each week for as long as he can.

Puhleez? Reiss's word vs. Wrong Boorges? That's as big a no-brainer as there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes