PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harmon Traded to Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically they are getting back around the same pick they sent to Philly for Bennett. So they traded Bennett and Harmon for a fifth round pick.

Great job their Bill, what are you going to do next, alienate the greatest QB of all time and let him walk out the door?

Bb must feel he is pretty replaceable imo. I know 4m is a decent cap saving but for a guy of harmon’s nature (valuable rotational player) 4m is right around where bb is usually willing to spend quite more often than not. In fact id imagine were one of the more “middle heavy” teams in the league with player salaries.

NFL.com's draft page (as well as the Fanspeak mock I'm doing right now, that's how I discovered this) show that the Pats will receive the 5th-rounder Detroit acquired from Seattle (#27 in the round, 172nd overall) instead of Detroit's own 5th-rounder (3rd in the round, #149 overall) in the Harmon trade...

Bill didn't even have the guts to insist on the better 5th-rounder...or he's doing his Loins buddies a solid to help them keep their jobs at the expense of the New England Football Patriots...either way it's a chicken-sh!t deal...

We needed the cap room. We were either going to move Harmon or Chung. Bill moved the backup for a 5th. Plan B was likely cutting Harmon.

Outside of doing Matty P a solid, there seems to be no reason behind this trade especially if Chung is washed up. Cap space blah blah.... cut one of our 100 running backs such as Rex who doesn't play much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes