PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blue Cats from Detroit defeated the Chiefs

Gibbs averaged 6.0 yards a carry
Montgomery 3.5 yards a carry

If 3 straight runs produce a 1st down youre running the ball with success. Furthermore, the lions had the ball 5 more minutes than KC. The lions last 3rd down run for a 1st down sealed the game for Detroit. Mahomes and 1 minute is plenty of time to get in FG range.

KC could not stop the run.
Yeah, when they -needed- the run, it was there.

After watching.. I feel even better about our WRs vs. What Mahomes has. Without Kelce it's all on Mahomes. Just think that team once had Hunt, Watkins, and hill. They were unstoppable then on offense. Detroit is going to be a force to be reckoned with St. Brown is a budding star at WR.
detroit has a soft first half of the season... will be interesting to see if they develop enough momentum to run the deck... could surprise a lot of people, with me at the front of that line...

Last edited:
There is nothing sweeter than having that moron, Nick Wright, look foolish with his 20-0 Chiefs prediction on the first day of the NFL season and then he has a permanent reminder to his idiocy.

detroit has a soft first half of the season... will be interesting to see if they develop enough momentum to run the deck... could surprise a lot of me, with me at the front of that line...
Yes I saw that as well. The schedule is kind to them early. They are a talented team.. with an emotional coach those guys have bought in too. I know it's early on.. but teams need to win early in the season to be able to give them selves cushioning for a loss here or there.

Welcome to Brady's life mahomes....

This is Brady 2006, 2013, 2015, 2019...
Meaning Mahomes is likely going to will them to the AFCCG at the end of the day anyhow.

Yes I saw that as well. The schedule is kind to them early. They are a talented team.. with an emotional coach those guys have bought in too. I know it's early on.. but teams need to win early in the season to be able to give them selves cushioning for a loss here or there.
It is interesting thing about coaching styles. Campbell has a "style" that is true to him and thus it imprints on his team. The problem with that rah, rah, "all in it together" "us against them" style is that at some point it goes stale. It was PERFECT for the Lions who have been as ba a team for the last 30 years as there has been. They now find themselves on the verge of relevency for the first time this century. They have dug out of this hole with Campbell and he is leading them into the light.

Like I said, this message is perfect for this team......at this time. And it will the perfect message UNTIL they have some adversity AFTER some success. Teams will start to tune it out and it will get stale. These aren't kids you are dealing with. These are grown men with families and futures riding on some of the decisions Dan makes. They know he "loves" them. They know he cares. BUT what grown men want and need are good game plans and good teammates.

He's great for now, and deserves all the accolades he receives, but long term, say 2-3 years down the road, they will start to tune him out.

There is nothing sweeter than having that moron, Nick Wright, look foolish with his 20-0 Chiefs prediction on the first day of the NFL season and then he has a permanent reminder to his idiocy.

I would love it for someone to put up his reaction video.

Guys, if the Lions were running at will, they'd have scored a lot more than 14 points on offense. Because Goff was good last night.

They had two nice runs. A few pretty solid ones, and a lot of "three yards and a cloud of dust" or worse.

It is interesting thing about coaching styles. Campbell has a "style" that is true to him and thus it imprints on his team. The problem with that rah, rah, "all in it together" "us against them" style is that at some point it goes stale. It was PERFECT for the Lions who have been as ba a team for the last 30 years as there has been. They now find themselves on the verge of relevency for the first time this century. They have dug out of this hole with Campbell and he is leading them into the light.

Like I said, this message is perfect for this team......at this time. And it will the perfect message UNTIL they have some adversity AFTER some success. Teams will start to tune it out and it will get stale. These aren't kids you are dealing with. These are grown men with families and futures riding on some of the decisions Dan makes. They know he "loves" them. They know he cares. BUT what grown men want and need are good game plans and good teammates.

He's great for now, and deserves all the accolades he receives, but long term, say 2-3 years down the road, they will start to tune him out.
Your absolutely correct, Campbell's style is perfect for this current team. Where as you've said they have been a loosing for franchise for so long. You could've probably have gotten Lions tickets for free over the years out there in Detroit.

The coaching styles have so much to do with the way these men retain the message. Like it was reported Patricia went up there trying be be BB 2.0 and it didn't work the players pushed back. Thus he was loosing so then ownership current ties.

Your absolutely correct, Campbell's style is perfect for this current team. Where as you've said they have been a loosing for franchise for so long. You could've probably have gotten Lions tickets for free over the years out there in Detroit.

The coaching styles have so much to do with the way these men retain the message. Like it was reported Patricia went up there trying be be BB 2.0 and it didn't work the players pushed back. Thus he was loosing so then ownership current ties.
Sorry. Pet peeve of mine, it's losing, not loosing. You loosen you pants when you gain wait, you lose them when you drunk.

I agree. The ball comes out of his hand beautifully. He reminds me a lot of Warren Moon in that regard. Just pretty passes.
With that offensive line I think stidham could be really successful.

Some team should just go all out on offensive line and wide receivers and try it out with stidham .

Brady winning that AFCCG vs the Jags down Gronk and Edelman with a gashed thumb seems even more historic today.
We were lucky that amendola, white and Hogan punched much above their weight in playoffs . Super clutch. Not to forget 1 year of awesomeness from mitchell.

After watching.. I feel even better about our WRs vs. What Mahomes has. Without Kelce it's all on Mahomes. Just think that team once had Hunt, Watkins, and hill. They were unstoppable then on offense. Detroit is going to be a force to be reckoned with St. Brown is a budding star at WR.
And the fact that Jameson Williams is yet to dress up. Sam la porta looks like a bonafide star in the making.

And the fact that Jameson Williams is yet to dress up. Sam la porta looks like a bonafide star in the making.
Your right!! I totally forgot about Jameson Williams. Yes agreed that TE looks good.. then again the KC defense helps to make players look better!

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back