PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harbaugh Was "Pissed Off" About Brady Comment in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbaugh's a good coach, I think he would get ND over the hump, Which Brian Kelly has not done and not sure he ever will. That being said Harbaugh comes off as an incredibly sore loser in this spot. You got outcoached. Accept it

Harbaugh would be a good coach if not for his high-strung display behaviors. Some of the whiny arrogant pricks in this league are beyond insufferable.

Are you suggesting he is not a good coach?

Are you suggesting he is not a good coach?

You could do a lot worse, but I absolutely think his demeanor and general whininess takes a lot away from him. Even at his best his teams tend to be unfocused and inconsistent, and that was with a ton of veteran leadership in the locker room along the lines of Lewis, Suggs, Reed and Boldin.

As more and more of those guys leave and Harbaugh is forced to build his own culture rather than rely on the work that others largely did for him, I think we're seeing exactly what kind of locker room you get with a guy like him.

If only the Patriots has a PR department that equaled (or near equaled) their coach/GM.

But, it seems our group is more like the Browns (PR land) and wants to make nice while others are pulling the knife out.

The reality is the 32 are made up of people who all want a bigger slice of the pie and are more than willing to cannibalize each other to get there. Even at the expense of their own brand. The simply believe they can't fail.

You could do a lot worse, but I absolutely think his demeanor and general whininess takes a lot away from him. Even at his best his teams tend to be unfocused and inconsistent, and that was with a ton of veteran leadership in the locker room along the lines of Lewis, Suggs, Reed and Boldin.

As more and more of those guys leave and Harbaugh is forced to build his own culture rather than rely on the work that others largely did for him, I think we're seeing exactly what kind of locker room you get with a guy like him.

I disagree, I think he gets the most out of his players, Their roster is not exactly great. Flacco really is not that great In my opinion. What do they really have.

Of course he was, he's the most thin-skinned, prissy ***** to coach in the NFL in my lifetime.
I think his brother is even worse.

The funny thing is that he tried the same play last season, and fail.

I don't even know how a small market team like the Ravens can have more political strength behind the scenes than a team from Boston.
Yup. If memory serves, he tried it more than once. I hate that they've been somewhat successful, especially against us in the playoffs, so I think calling him overrated would be overstated...but I still wouldn't put him understand the upper echelon.

Agreed that it shouldn't have been said. I put this in the same category as the "17 points? LOL" quote. Tom meant no disrespect by either but there was no upside in blurting those things out without thinking. Water under the bridge now.

I still think some team - and I would bet it is the Ravens- is going to get caught "cheating" this year when they visit Foxboro. When Goodell and his stooges do nothing it's going to really shine a lot of light on the way things work today with this commissioner.
I don't remember feeling any particular way about the comment about the rule book. The Ravens had been mouthing of all week about not being afraid to come into NE and I think that was Tom digging at them a bit fur that bravado after coming from 14 down twice, right or wrong. But the 17 points thing gave me a really bad feeling...call me superstitious. It didn't sit well with me all week. And then...:mad::(

Agree 200% with all the comments about harbaughs whining, but I do remember thinking at the time, "I wish he hadn't said that" when Brady made his rulebook comment. TB had already done his talking on the field...he could have left it at that.

i would love to pound the sh!t out of john Harbaugh. imagine if you will the feeling of your fist hitting his face over and over again. i have absolutely no respect for that cry baby.

Last edited:
This was written about during deflategate's heyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick